Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lockpicks don't work?

Shadowmite
Shadowmite
Soul Shriven
Tried several different characters with varying levels of Ledgerdemain and on various levels of treasure chests, and can't seem to get lockpicks to even move the tumblers - I have to force the chests open.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working fine on PC this morning for me. I popped open several chests without issue.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to the Mournhold bank and picked the safeboxes just fine, had to kill a couple angry people but no problem.
  • Shadowmite
    Shadowmite
    Soul Shriven
    It was an add-on. Disabled it and everything works fine.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for following up with what the issue was @Shadowmite! We always appreciate that. Would you be willing to share what addon it was, just in case others encounter the same issue?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Shadowmite
    Shadowmite
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I've sent a couple of emails to the add-on developer, who is insisting it isn't his add-on, so until he's done everything he can, I hesitate to call him out.

I can state that I've followed all his suggestions, and it still ends up being that if I turn off that one single add-on, then I can use lockpicks again.

It can be a library issue, since so many add-ons use the same library now, but I'm not a programmer and it's best left to those who get their jollies by looking into such things to fix it.

I'll be happy to post the add-on name later if it turns out that is indeed the issue, but I want to give the developer the chance to work it out first without the entire community shaming on him.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowmite wrote: »
    Well, I've sent a couple of emails to the add-on developer, who is insisting it isn't his add-on, so until he's done everything he can, I hesitate to call him out.

I can state that I've followed all his suggestions, and it still ends up being that if I turn off that one single add-on, then I can use lockpicks again.

It can be a library issue, since so many add-ons use the same library now, but I'm not a programmer and it's best left to those who get their jollies by looking into such things to fix it.

I'll be happy to post the add-on name later if it turns out that is indeed the issue, but I want to give the developer the chance to work it out first without the entire community shaming on him.
    I highly doubt anyone would shame him, addons have problems all the time, especially when it comes to new DLC. While the dev might fix the problem in a day or two, it might also take a lot longer. It's not shaming to say "hey this addon is borked now but the dev is working on fixing it", it's just sharing information that might save other people the headache of trying to figure out what's wrong. People can simply turn off the addon until it's fixed, and if it turns out not to be the problem, no harm no foul. It isn't as though people are going to form a mob with torches and pitchforks.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!