The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NEW Sub-constellation "Survivor's spite", and passive star "Mystic Tenacity" = bad design!

0utLaw
0utLaw
✭✭✭
So we have new sub-constellation in Fitness tree that called "Survivor's spite".
In order to have access to stars in this sub-onstellation, we have to put points in passive star "Mystic Tenacity" which reduces duration of negative effects on you.
So my issue here is that you have to invest in this particular star to get access to other slottable stars, which all gives u beneits when you are UNDER negative effects... You see where im coming here? :\
I mean, if i want to use "Pain Refuge" slottable, i kinda want negative effects to stay longer on me. I dont want to invest in passive cp which will reduce time even by 5%, its just silly and bad design.
In current CP that are live, i can avoid this passive to access "Survival instincts", by just choosing other route. But with new one...

Thoughts?
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, "bad design" can just be used as a blanket statement.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I maxed out the star that reduced negative effects on me regardless even though I'm a Breton and having an elemental status effect on me doubles my spell resistance racial passive. My reasoning is in a fight with an enemy player I'll always have negative effects on me the entire time since I lack a purge ability I can use cheaply.

The defensive applications of shorter negative effects means I don't need the passives that become active/stronger when the negative effects are on me. Well, that's my insane reasoning anyway.... be nice if I got benefits from that stuff without the requirement of a negative effect, or the negative effect just made them stronger like with the Breton's racial passive.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK