Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% appears a lot different from the siege perspective...

EP looks like you're about to be swarmed by an army of angry fire ants..
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peacatcher wrote: »
    I wonder if there's some kind of colour psychology at play, maybe we attribute different threat levels to different colours? How different would it be if, for example, AD was the red alliance?

For real. Yes. 100%

When I first played on another colour to get transmutes, when I encountered a red it was startling. The aura is ANGRY.

I firmly believe colour psychology is very, very real.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday was in NA and ran in to this AD stam dk outside of glade - they were just having fun playing 1 v 3 or 4 against us...we got them close a couple of times, but, they were very skilled - and - had an excellent build...

i made it a point to not let them kill me for a while, just line of sighting, mist and pots to get back inside the keep...after some blue left i decided to go duel with them...they wiped me 3 or 4 times pretty quickly (fortunately - i made about 40k or so AP the whole time i was fighting with them)...

after fighting for 15 to 20 minutes or so, some more DC joined in again, and after a while a few us of us blue humbly accepted the fact we couldn't beat this one yellow, we all ended just dancing and playing music together...

it was what it was, and it is what it is - the top 10% or so players in pvp can really make the game seem pretty unbalanced and a little unfair...

as has happened in the past before though - if i run into someone where it's not even a fair fight, it usually causes me to re-work that particular toons build - in this case it was my mag dk who's a stage 4 vamp using skoria, heavy julianos and mother's sorrow...

next time i go and fight with that toon i'll have him re-geared, new mundus and switch up his rotation...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 22, 2021 4:29AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is fun. But it's the worst online experience in the history of online experiences.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay, finally pushed past cp 1,000 on the EU server...did it about 2.5 years quicker than on the NA server :)

Actually, i'm only cp 1230 on the NA server, who knows, my EU toons might catch up...

re-worked my mag dk, leaving him now at stage 3 in cyro...it's just a lot easier...tried to utilize fossilize, but, that's a pretty ineffective skill unless there's hardly anyone on the map...

it seems like just about everyone in medium or larger melee fights have cc immunity up almost all the time...going with burning talons in it's place at the moment...still only using: drain (mostly for the ult gen), mist and scion on my mag dk - i really can't get any of the other vamp skills to be that effective for me while fighting...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 29, 2021 8:45AM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    The AD emperor on NA has 41m AP...that's obscene! It's like 2/3rds of the way to grand overlord in just one campaign :-o
    Ps4 EU
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    I've played with that Barcode, and I must say he is a class act. An absolute beast if I may say so. Cheers to Ad ps4 na, and cheers to the hard charging players in Ep and DC. Thank you for the challenge and loads of fun. In two days we start again. I look forward. Oi oi.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run into that yellow magblade emp a bunch this campaign...

yeah, almost 43 million AP in a single campaign, even with the pelinals scroll is amazing...

at this point I wonder if they've set the controller down much the last 28 days...

that AD alliance score for NA grey host of 112.8k is pretty crazy too...DC with 73.8k and EP with 65.9k...

over on the EU server top score there is 22.5 million, DC out in front with 90.8k, followed by AD (80.1k) and EP (79.2k) in a close race for second...AD on the EU server has finished campaigns really strong a few times recently...

yeah, 43 million is absolutely insane...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 1, 2021 7:28AM
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao, class act? [snip] is boosting using both DC and EP alts.

[Edit for Naming and Shaming.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 4, 2021 6:37PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4be9e2110288e431683faf0569c0fc7e.gif

okay then, it's back to work for the covenant...

went in on my necro stam today...i've finally put in some time doing pve with the toon, and, my rotations are much better than before...

SnB: ruinous scythe, detonating siphon, silver shards/heroic slash, renewing undeath, blighted blastbones and ravenous goliath

Bow: spirit guardian, mortal coil, lethal arrow, summoner's armor, bombard and ravenous goliath

the key was making sure to make use of those cost free skills: shocking siphon and restoring tether...a little similar to the warden's "free" use of the netch...

settled on this gear setup for the moment: 1 pc molag kena, malacath's band, 5 pc spriggans, 5 pc juggernaut...gotta use pots for major brutality, but, oh well...

it's funny, don't even care so much about my AP gain (for whatever reason, i still like to watch my AP per hour usually)...i don't even really care now about that when i play either my mag or stam necromancer - they're so easy to play now for me, i'm just having fun fighting...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 4, 2021 12:35AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos strikes again...spent $40 today on crowns so I could buy the bird to replace the incredibly annoying banker cat voice...

man, I hated the way the cat sounded, should have checked the cat's voice before I bought it, oh well...

finally got both servers inventory back under control...been spending a little bit of time organizing my chests and banks on both servers to clean them up as much as possible...
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Those crows look awesome. I've never had need of a portable merchant or banker though so can't really justify it...maybe...
    Ps4 EU
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    That reconstruction system was an absolute godsend for inventory woes by the way. I have a habit of spending my AP on obscure golden jewellery which is taking up most of my Bank space so I've deconned a load of armour pieces to reconstruct later when needed.
    Ps4 EU
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    temerley wrote: »
    Lmao, class act? [snip] is boosting using both DC and EP alts

Well, my bad. I guess I had a great time and was too busy to notice what some may or may not do. I care about getting better, enjoying a good fight, hell even the occasional big ass laggy zerg on zerg. Politics be damned.. Thanks for the reply though. Cheers and forgive my naivety.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    something interesting happened yesterday - took d-claw with the altadoon scroll in it...was red, should have turned blue on the campaign scoreboard...did not happen, waited about 20 minutes to see if it would correct itself during the next eval phase - nope, stayed red...

tried picking the scroll up, stated that we (DC) owned the scroll already...

also had someone tell me to [snip] in zone chat, that's different...i'm actually pretty active in DC grey host zone chat...i've been fighting blue there for 3 years...i play when there aren't always a lot of DC around, which actually makes for some interesting team ups during fights...this one player: whitehand and myself have actually done pretty well against other players on several different random occasions...

we're not mic'd or nothing - it's just it's been the same small group playing at the same time for a while now, so, it works...people just work really well together there a lot...

anyways this one person that was high up on the leaderboards - and probably hadn't slept in days - literally was stressing in zone...kind of like: listen to me everyone, i got the cyro gospel for you...sometimes they'll be one main voice in chat giving directions - folks that have been on, for years, mostly it's a consensus - which is cool as hell...you know, play the map...

i've blocked a few folks over time on both servers, so, zone chat is actually a pretty chilled place for me...

it was funny, but, i get it...seriously, if you are out there running down AP and fighting hard, with limited rest - that'll rattle you a bit...

they actually logged off soon after their: you guys are all gonna die after i log off - you'll see speech in zone chat...except for not getting credit for the scroll, we took chalman to roe...then the map deteriorated in to weird dancing, lots of instruments playing and occasional duels around the outpost...

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 22, 2021 1:55PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, one other thing happened, some bold level 29, or something, stam dk came and set up a couple of sieges outside of glade...at first just burned their sieges and laughed, but, they were there to fight, it was really cool...i was on my stam dk, who can barely do any damage either (he's in like sellistrex, 7th and plague doc)...we dueled for a little bit...finally pulled them towards guard aggro and finished them...

didn't need to use an ult, mostly just snipe spammed, did need to pop a tri-pot once to sustain...they knew how to block, roll dodge, shield, heal, leap...they did a good job...

that made me laugh seeing a level 29 toon acting that bold...

i have my NA stam dk set up in velidreth, deadly strike and 7th, infused disease on my weapons...he can apply pressure a good bit better, i do have to pay a lot more attention to incoming damage though...

they're both werewolves...i don't transform as much as i used to, fighting against really good players and transforming can get you killed quick...better to utilize corrosive armor then...

werewolves work best against large groups or smaller groups of potatoes :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really good contest on the NA server so far this campaign, all the alliances are still within a couple of thousand points of each other...

the map is just so much more fun when the player populations are relatively balanced...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played on my NA mag sorc last night...I remember now that mag sorc used to be the best build foundation before warden and necromancer ever came along...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also had something weird happen yesterday on the EU server...it was definitely "off-hours" on the map and AD was dominating...they had EP about gated and then started working on us, DC...

there were literally only about 2 or 3 of us trying to prevent them from taking: glade, warden, ni-mohk, rayles then alma ruma...

whenever people get all excited and a little overly enthusiastic in zone chat - I always think to the times when we're getting gated and it's like myself and one or two other players trying our best to slow the inevitable down...

basically I always wonder: where were you hero pvper when our alliance is being kicked off the map...

what was so weird was that at the alma bruma temple I killed someone while they were trying to lift the scroll...they had actually removed it from its pedestal...

I was able to pick up the scroll (was still playing my stam dk) and ran like crazy back to the southern high rock starter area...I ran around for a little bit, but, I was glitching the whole time, thought i was going to disconnect...

it was funny, because i was glitching it was really hard for the AD people to catch and kill me - it was also really hard though for me to use any of my skills - there was like a 3 to 5 second delay on everything...

eventually I fell down, died and disconnected...visually on my screen the whole thing looked weird as heck...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played for a couple hours in Cyrodiil yesterday. It's been a while and I keep making rookie mistakes like mixing up the buttons, but overall muscle memory helped get me up to speed soon enough. I went through and applied my champion points just taking a rough idea of what kind of player I am. I'm certain it isn't optimal but it's good enough. Being outdated, not optimized, and rusty is kind of nice. It really takes the pressure off. I don't have to win one-on-ones; in fact, it would be a huge upset if I did.

I think it's interesting how many of the names are the same after all this time.

Yesterday, there was a queue to get in. So, I waited, and I went in, and AD has scrolls, Emp, and the "horns" of Ash and BRK. However, that was short lived. I was in Alessia as both red and blue came to dethrone. ESO has its problems, but when you get a huge AvA battle and the connection is strong, well there's nothing quite like that. We lost Alessia to the bad guys, lost the bad guys' scrolls, and were pushed all the way back to the two home keeps by the combined armies of Red and Blue. Then, DC tried to take advantage of Red pushing us, and they tried to sneak in an Emperor push. EP had to split attention between us, and DC and they had to pull some groups back to defend. Too often in the game we see dog piles, but this was an actual example of how the three-way battles are supposed to work. It was fantastic.

Instead of quitting when we were pushed back, AD rallied and captured Fare and Roe. I went with the group going to Alessia, just surfing that zerg. Even though Red was split, there was still a large group of them at Alessia and by this point AD was split between Roe and Alessia. So, after another huge battle, we captured Alessia, and we were back to our home keeps. I went right up to the siege merchant and claimed Alessia in the name of Ballcap. That was great seeing the NPC's wearing my guild colors. I think it looks good, and those NPCs were sharp. That's the thing about a quality guild Tabard like mine, you can look good on the battlefield and still look sharp enough to meet with the queen.

Next went over to Roe and joined the momentum of the Roe capture to push Nikel and take that. Like a wave crashing towards shore, we continued that push towards Ash and that's where it got interesting. DC was done being taken by surprise, their eastern assault had stalled, and they had regrouped at Ash, right where we were heading. We met in the field outside the mile gate. First on the Nikel side, but the AD momentum was too strong, and we pushed through the gate before DC could sufficiently reinforce. There was a big battle outside Ash and AD looked stalled as DC was able to quickly respawn into battle but more AD were arriving by the minute.

It was here where I just got into the zone. You know those moments when it seems like you are seeing everything clearly and you are totally into it? All of the stats, numbers, countdowns, etc... just fell away and I was focused as Talion the Mighty. Throwing out light, fire, and spears. Blocking and dodging and healing all while knowing there's 30 other people around you doing the same thing. It was evenly matched, and there were clever tactics by both sides. At one point DC had a huge flank attack and were barely repelled. The Blues had excellent counter siege and AD had so many weapons out that I couldn't place anything as we had hit the limit. There were camps, there were mini battles over the resources, Nightblades were lurking for the unwary. It wasn't until AD had breached the gate and the wall before anything could happen and even that was evenly matched. The defense was very well coordinated and in one of those wonderful moments, the attack was as well. This was how the game was meant to be played! It was huge! It was epic! There were pushes and swings and momentum changes. Our best players were fighting their best players, us scrubs were fighting each other. I ended up sitting forward on the couch, leaning in, just blasting away and actually smiling because it was just so much Fun! Capital F - Fun. During that battle, I was a champion of light - Fighting, healing, resurrecting and sometimes dying but most of all, having fun.

Big shout out to everyone in AD who was on between 4:00-7:00 PM Pacific time yesterday. Thank you also goes out to the EP and DC players because those were some fantastic fights with excellent tactics all around. I wonder how long the name of Ballcap stayed on Alessia? I'm sure it flipped in a couple hours, but it felt like it would stay there forever.
    Edited by Ballcap on August 14, 2021 8:10PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're so awesome...

how come when I describe stuff it sounds like rock collecting...when you describe stuff - it sounds so majestic :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's Talion the Mighty wearing right now?

I'm in 4 blue pvp guilds on the EU server...

on the NA side just two guilds: Ballcap and Traders Refuge (the very first guild I ever joined)...both of them AD guilds though, so no chance to claim any keeps for DC there...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 14, 2021 10:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    low key pvp addition that may have gone unnoticed - woo hoo, there's finally a quest/reward for rezzing another player...

it's tied to the new endeavor system, but, slow progress :)
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    what's Talion the Mighty wearing right now?

Looks-wise: Talion is wearing the latest in fashion - The Ballcap Guild Tabard. Available for sale at the banker. It's an attractive and elegant garment with a checkerboard pattern and a lovely golden sun symbol. The type of apparel that says, "Look at me, Tamriel!" Not only will you look stunning, but it keeps mud, blood, and the tears of your enemies from soiling your armor. It's moisture wicking, odor absorbing, and it's as at-home on the battlefield at it is in a throne room. You may think you've reached the pinnacle of fashion until you look up and see the Ballcap guild tabard. And yes, it has pockets.

It pairs excellently with Talion's golden armor. The chest piece is the one with wings, Ra Gada heavy. The helmet is the Imperial Heavy helmet. For the legs, it's the Order of the Hour for that Roman Centurion look. I switch between sandals and stylish boots depending on my mood. The shoulders are whatever piece isn't overly done. I'm not looking for 1980's style football pads, I can't recall exactly the motif but it's tasteful and understated. Talion is a gleaming golden Templar and 100% looks the part. I got your Paladin right here, pal.

If you mean set-wise, well I don't really farm for sets anymore. I'm wearing some Spinner's and either War Maiden or Vicious Death, Julianos, or really whatever I feel like wearing. Spinners is usually the base set because I golded it out and it's not situational. Sometimes I use a set like fortified brass with it, if I get sick of dying immediately. For the monster set, I am using Troll King now that I can heal people outside of a group. I may not join up, but I'll help out. That set is why I use rapid regen instead of mutagen, my thinking being that more healing ticks means more chances for Troll King to proc on someone. Hey, I'm a team player. If I'm alone I like Mighty Chudan. If I'm defending a lot on castle walls, I'll wear Valkyn Skoria. I like to switch it up.
    Edited by Ballcap on August 21, 2021 4:11AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, fumbled away the hammer short time ago...

super crowded map (lots of lag), was gonna do bruma, d-claw, winter...by the time I made it to bruma I was already dying...

couldn't remember if any enemy or only player enemies healed with hammer - it's only players...some folks got a good laugh watching me kill deadra for a minute or so at the bruma dolmen...

was about dead by the time I reached the d-claw front door - was rushing way too much...turns out there was like a 1,000 EP inside d-claw...

died not long after getting to d-claw, someone else for DC picked it up, but, we got overwhelmed with siege and enemies and lost hammer...

oh well :)

gotta remember not to let myself "rush" too much during combat...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Ballcap ...they re-worked battle spirit in pvp and everyone's health regen got cut in half...so, the bump from troll king took a bit of a nerf...i just switched to earthgore on my healers...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ugh, fumbled away the hammer short time ago...

super crowded map (lots of lag), was gonna do bruma, d-claw, winter...by the time I made it to bruma I was already dying...

couldn't remember if any enemy or only player enemies healed with hammer - it's only players...some folks got a good laugh watching me kill deadra for a minute or so at the bruma dolmen...

was about dead by the time I reached the d-claw front door - was rushing way too much...turns out there was like a 1,000 EP inside d-claw...

died not long after getting to d-claw, someone else for DC picked it up, but, we got overwhelmed with siege and enemies and lost hammer...

oh well :)

gotta remember not to let myself "rush" too much during combat...

Doesn't help that everybody and his brother in zone chat wants to tell you what to do with the hammer. lmao
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow, crazy turn of events reference the campaign score over in EU gray host...

less than a week ago DC was up by at least a few thousand over AD who typically surges strong in the last couple of weeks of a campaign...

just looked today at the score with 2 days left:
    AD: 90.4k
    DC: 83.6k
    EP: 69.5k

wow, that is some serious making up a whole lot of ground in a relatively short period of time stuff...
    I'm not saying it was aliens, but, it had to be aliens :p

I've been hanging out the last week in the Nchuthnkarst public dungeon farming the cartographer's costume frags (5 runs so far but only got one of seven fragments), also been fighting in IC a bunch lately...

doing IC dailies, but, also just pvp fighting for the sake of fighting too :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 30, 2021 9:10PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    started doing the hero of wrothgar stuff...would like to add those costumes...ended up just buying the cartographer frags on both NA and EU...goes well with the treasure hunter personality...

the cost difference between NA (about 90k for everything) and EU (about 150k for everything) was interesting...

Also "gambled" 45k tel var on the EU server for those xivkyn polys...got lucky and picked up two of them out of 30 of those superb imperial boxes...no such luck though on the NA server...i've only been able to pick up one to date with all the boxes i've bought over the years...i have enough stones to simply buy one of the polys i'm missing, will probably just do that...

you now it's funny - when it comes to pvp - looking good means feeling good means victory!!!
    200w.gif?cid=82a1493bnjav0tveiy82cnj81pbma3dmjiinbhoy4evr2oux&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0Ty61tZ.gif
    image0-15-2.png?width=949&height=676

Current state of ESO Pvp. Death recap of all Hrothgar!

i absolutely love that it won't just be us solo random potato zerg busting wannabes wearing these new sets...the ball group evolution is on...

it's gonna get crazy for a bit when these 3 new new pvp sets start getting used...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 1, 2021 12:42AM