Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVE CYRODIIL

NoodleESO
NoodleESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Some of the hottest topics on the forums have been pve cyrodiil and open world pvp, as well as making overland more difficult. Theres an obvious option here that would please most of the player base. A separate pvp server without any 4 man dungeons and trials with the original faction locked zones, entering one would obviously mean pvp.

With a separate server zos could add pvp incentives all around and rework the justice system. Add in better loot and exp for quest and make mobs more difficult. In return the pve server gets cyrodiil and all of its contents, guild traders, and battlegrounds for quick pvp.

And the point would be to swap back and forth for exp and loot, and then to the pve server to sell said loot and complete 4ppl dungons/ trials. At this point Zos really needs to pull it together imo.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but when the game is approx 98% Pve.. with barely any Pvp activity... With no new additional Pvp zones with each new expansion..No. Cyrodill is PvP land.. stop trying to turn it into PvE.. If you want Pve.. go do trials or go farm some dolmens.. leave Cyrodill alone.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about having PvP version of the 99.999999% PvE contents?
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure that's part of what they're suggesting.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    I'm sorry but when the game is approx 98% Pve.. with barely any Pvp activity... With no new additional Pvp zones with each new expansion..No. Cyrodill is PvP land.. stop trying to turn it into PvE.. If you want Pve.. go do trials or go farm some dolmens.. leave Cyrodill alone.

sigh, did you even read? Im talking about a dedicated pvp world WITH Cyrodiil at its center. Each home keep could be connected to a zone in that alliance. And it would only have the base game zones not the chapters.

If you feel like running around the same ring all day everyday be my guest, that gets old after a few years.

Im suggesting two separate mega servers, one for pve and one for pvp, with connected account info/gear/stats. Like just give the customers what they want it would solve so many issues.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes that's what im getting at, aside from the obvious like dungeons and trials.

Honestly the mentality of Cyrodiil must be pvp only is kinda silly. Especially if the trade off is open world pvp and new pvp content.

If it was done on a separate mega server or just different instance, pve players wouldn't complain about other players griefing or spamming or etc.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is PVE Cyro.

They're called dead campaigns. Some of them barely have anyone in.

And all this work for what? There's nothing in Cyrodiil.

Some delves, dolmens and daily quests that give pvp rewards. What would be the point?

And not everyone who plays pvp wants open world pvp. I reckon you'd find that most pvp players like it separate. So putting pvp onto a pvp only server wouldn't be popular imo.

There's nothing wrong with how it works now.

It'll never going to happen. There's 4 PvE updates every year, including two new zones. What's the obsession with cyrodiil??
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 23, 2021 1:08PM
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    There is PVE Cyro.

They're called dead campaigns. Some of them barely have anyone in.

And all this work for what? There's nothing in Cyrodiil.

Some delves, dolmens and daily quests that give pvp rewards. What would be the point?

Itt never going to happen. There's 4 PvE updates every year, including two new zones. What's the obsession with cyrodiil??

The point is to separate pvp from pve with two different worlds, a large percentage of players in ESO are mainly pve and most of them start shaking at the very thought of opening the alliance menu.

By having a pvp version of the world with incentives like more exp you're gonna attract players, not force them, into a pvp environment.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I like Cyrodiil PVP. What does open world PVP in Vvardenfell, etc. get me?

There are no objectives to capture or defend. No leaderboard. No strategy for catching the enemy in choke points.

What would PVP even look like? Gankers camping the writ turn-in location or blitzing through the Mournhold market stalls with AOEs blazing? Sneaking through zone quests avoiding other players? How do you do world bosses and world events like dragons or harrowstorms when 2/3rd of the players are your enemies, vulnerable to friendly fire?

Fundamentally, the base game and DLC/Chapter zones are not designed for open world PVP. Redesigning them to fit would be such an undertaking that you might as well just design a new game.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    The wish of us PvEs to have pure PvE Cyro (and IC) is about as old as the game itself. We would like to calmly consume the written stories and explore all corners.

The ZOS has ignored these wishes for as long as they exist. So, I would not lose any sleep over this possibility.

I'm just wondering why someone from the PvP community always jumps up and rails against it.
    They're afraid there'll be fewer people they can ganking?
    Or that there aren't enough real PvPs and after such a step it would be more obvious?

It would have zero impact on PvP.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

You really don't want a pve cyrodiil. Without the pvp, Cyrodiil is just a vast, empty wasteland of nothing. There's some small towns with not much to do and delves with monsters. That's basically it. It's not worth the effort. It's worse than Blackwood, and that's saying a lot.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 24, 2021 12:46PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    The wish of us PvEs to have pure PvE Cyro (and IC) is about as old as the game itself. We would like to calmly consume the written stories and explore all corners.

The ZOS has ignored these wishes for as long as they exist. So, I would not lose any sleep over this possibility.

I'm just wondering why someone from the PvP community always jumps up and rails against it.
    Or that there aren't enough real PvPs and after such a step it would be more obvious?

Many of us object to PVEers wanting the same rewards of PvPvE Cyrodiil while accepting none of the risks of PvPvE in a zone designed and intended for PvPvE.

Now, if you'd be okay with an exploration-only zone with none of the same skyshards, fish, event tickets, achievements, etc. then maybe we can agree.

But if this is really a way to get the current PvPvE skyshards, quests, dolmens, fish, event tickets, and other achievements and rewards from Cyrodiil while refusing to play the PvPvE zone as intended...then no, we aren't going to agree. You don't get to play a neutered version of the zone and earn the same rewards - any more than a hypothetical "story mode" of PVE end game content should give the same rewards as doing it on the intended normal or veteran difficulties.
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want to pve to get skyshards. Can you just make a separate map with pvp and put all the overworld skyshards and quests in there. K thanks.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano
    When I visited Cyro and did PvP there, I get different rewards, than during PvE so I don’t understand your concern.

@AuraNebula
    OP actually suggested it. Making overland as PvP for PvPers. It would be nice if ZOS do it and you was forced to “enjoy” it. As other PvPer wrote above, it is something, that wouldn’t help to PvP community much.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano
    When I visited Cyro and did PvP there, I get different rewards, than during PvE so I don’t understand your concern.

Many of the PVE Cyrodiil requests are a transparent attempt to ask for the Cyrodiil skyshards with no threat of fighting another player in a delve, to complete "Master Angler" without the threat of getting ganked while fishing, to get "Savior of Nirn", etc.. without worrying about enemy players fighting you while you try to complete the Cyrodiil portion of those base game achievements and titles.

That is why I say "none of the same rewards" as PvPvE Cyrodiil. I support a PVE-only Cyrodiil only if it has completely unique rewards than PvPvE Cyrodiil. It should never be a replacement.

If you need it explained why many of those PvPvE parts of Cyrodiil are very closely tied into the PVP fighting for which the zone is designed, I will be happy to elaborate. The gist is that the whole zone was designed and intended as PvPvE. You cannot take away the PVP portion and claim to have achieved the same thing, therefore, no one deserved the same rewards as PvPvE Cyrodiil in a PVE-only Cyrodiil. A fundamentally different zone requires different rewards, not a free pass to the same rewards while skipping the intended risk.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of us object to PVEers wanting the same rewards of PvPvE Cyrodiil while accepting none of the risks of PvPvE in a zone designed and intended for PvPvE.

Now, if you'd be okay with an exploration-only zone with none of the same skyshards, fish, event tickets, achievements, etc. then maybe we can agree.

But if this is really a way to get the current PvPvE skyshards, quests, dolmens, fish, event tickets, and other achievements and rewards from Cyrodiil while refusing to play the PvPvE zone as intended...then no, we aren't going to agree. You don't get to play a neutered version of the zone and earn the same rewards - any more than a hypothetical "story mode" of PVE end game content should give the same rewards as doing it on the intended normal or veteran difficulties.

A lot of the cyrodiil activities don't really have much to provide PVE wise anyways. Sure there's a lot of skyshards, but the zone is 10x bigger than almost every other zone in the game, so traversing it to get them seems kind of pointless, also there's an infinite amount of skyshards now considering how many zones the game has now. Dolmens aren't worth farming because most dolmen drops aren't really good, sets like Light of Cyrodiil are far inferior to what you'd get in proper PVE and cold fire ballistas don't really help in PVE. Rewards of the worthy drops don't benefit PVE'ers either, most of the rewards drops hardly even benefit PVP'ers. You could easily fish if you wanted to, because cyrodiil is a massive zone, most PVP'ers are attracted to PVP areas, you'll almost never run into a PVP'er at a fishing zone unless they are running away from a keep to use a recall stone to go to a fight.

There's really nothing cyrodiil has to provide to PVE'ers that PVE'ers don't already have, except those completionist players who just want to collect every achievement possible.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AuraNebula wrote: »
    I dont want to pve to get skyshards. Can you just make a separate map with pvp and put all the overworld skyshards and quests in there. K thanks.

Literally what im suggesting. But with added bonuses like more exp/gold

There is no point in clinging to the 45 skyshards, all of which can be bought in the crown store, and some random quests, when the trade off is a pvp world map.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    [snip]

You really don't want a pve cyrodiil. Without the pvp, Cyrodiil is just a vast, empty wasteland of nothing. There's some small towns with not much to do and delves with monsters. That's basically it. It's not worth the effort. It's worse than Blackwood, and that's saying a lot.

[edited for profanity bypass]

I agree but its more about giving both sides of the player base what they want. IC without telvar is gonna be pretty lame but if people want to go there for RP or quest godbless them cause right now its empty.

Same goes for Cyrodiil if people wanna play horse simulator for skyshards/dolmens/quest go for it but as far as the actual currency like AP, that should be separated.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    Some of the hottest topics on the forums have been pve cyrodiil and open world pvp, as well as making overland more difficult. Theres an obvious option here that would please most of the player base. A separate pvp server without any 4 man dungeons and trials with the original faction locked zones, entering one would obviously mean pvp.

I forgot to mention this, but I just want to go out and say open world PVP is the worst idea ever. If open world pvp would be anyway similar to Cyrodiil, that would be terrible. Cyrodiil pvp is really bad already because cyrodiil is extremely massive, to expand it to encompass more of tamriel would mean a bunch more deadzones where PVP never happens and it's just empty space. Also, Cyrodiil right now is really just budget riding simulator. You spend most of your time just riding from keep to keep before you can actually engage in a fight, expanding to open world would just make this even worse considering the scale of Tamriel in this game.. It would be way less enjoyable and more tedious than already is. When I PVP, I want to jump in and be able to fight right away, not enjoy the scenery for 5+ minutes before I can fight someone. I'd go into PVE if i just wanted to look at the environment
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil can already feel like a ghost town outside of prime hours. Spreading that community even thinner over all of Tamriel would just result in a dead server. These zones were not designed with PVP in mind either, so even if it were populated, it would be a confusing mess.

I think people need to let go of the 'PVE Cyrodiil' dream, simply because that zone and the Imperial City were designed with the idea of letting PVE and PVP meet. Especially during events, PVE'ers will get a small taste of PVP and while some will hate the experience, others might look into doing more PVP. It's designed this way because pulling players out of their comfort zone once in a while helps keep the community healthy. Completely separating PVE and PVP on a server level would go against that.
    PC/EU altaholic | DC Gray Host graveyard shift | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A separate set of instances for the whole world would be a waste of resources. Before One Tamriel about 5 years ago PVE base game areas were actually instanced meaning for example there was a Deshaan for EP, another one for AD (part of Cadwell's Silver), and another one of DC (part of Cadwell's Gold). The latter 2 were empty but the performance on the first was horrible. I remember porting to Mournhold to get pledges and getting timed out to desktop numerous times, I was jokingly calling the zone DCshan. Once they merged the instances that problem went away and never returned and overland in general was much smoother. If people want to PVE in Cyrodiil they can actually go on the 3rd campaign, CP open one - Blackreach - which is empty and probably one color most of the time allowing you to grab the shards, do the quests, clear delves and what little PVE content is to do. All my alt characters have done that at some point as their PVP was mostly in BGs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to try PvP seriously during the last MYM. I fell in love with it and it is now all I do. I was exclusively PvE prior to this. Cyro is not particularly useful from a PvE standpoint. If you are determined to come to Cyro without making any effort to properly gear up and prepare yourself to fight other players, then you are likely to be smoked and possibly bagged/hate whispered by some edgy middle schooler. It's happened to us all, and it's not the end of the world. You don't die IRL. You'll be fine.

If you actually attempt to do the content properly, you may find out you like it.

PvP in the base game zones would be, IMO, a disaster. As others have said above, there are not enough players to fill the existing PvP areas. IC is nearly empty most of the time. Spreading out all over the other zones would just make it difficult to find someone to fight. Groups (which is what Cyro is all about, after all) would rarely come together for massive keep fights that are (when the server works) the best content in ESO. Also, if ZOS has spare megaservers laying around, they should use them to fix the current performance issues in Cyro.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, in order to collect all game achievements, you have to play all content, even if you don't like it.

I enjoy the game very much and dont think i have ever even looked at the list of achievements. Just play what you want and be happy :)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The state of PvP being what it has been for so long...sure, why not. Maybe I could go into Cyrodiil and enjoy myself for a change.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can live with the fact that Cyro is exclusively PvP. Want a blend of PvP and PvE? Go play WoW.

I really appreciate that there is a clear-cut distinction between vP / vE here. In WoW, you could encounter some Rogue or any other player who used to gank low lvls for its own amusement.

Here I can play with DC and AD, but in Cyro I kill / get killed - and I accept that.

My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want