The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you want for PvP?

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, I want Cyrodiil to work properly and with a Gigantic population.
    Secondly, I want resource towers to once again be destructible.
    Lastly, I want 24 man groups again.

Just do it. :p
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working skills.

No lag.

Combat used to be faster and more fun before all the cast times and stuff. I want faster and more fun combat.

I want to be able to dodge roll and not have my skills unusable for 5-10 secs after, i want them to work right away.

Immovable pots to work.

No more "target is out of range" when target is right there, skills are cast and resource spent, but just not hitting the "out of range" target.

Removal of bugged low pop bonus, that affects the campaing score.

Working ultimates. When i cast them, the char makes the sound, animation happens, but the ultimate just does not cast. Why??

Buffs, not nerfs.

I have more, but...

. ..Most of all i want zos to have people who work for pvp only, who care about pvp and want to make it a fun and an enjoyable experience for the players. Now it brings mostly frustration.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in mentioning performance really...I guess what I'd like to for PvP is for PvP (killing other players) to be relevant and reflected in awards, scoring, achievements, cosmetics, etc.
    Look at Cyrodiil. This is an environment focused on holding land, as far as scoring in concerned. The currency received for playing in this zone pays highest for capturing land and defending keeps/outposts. Scoring isn't influenced by PvP in the PvP zone. Emperor has nothing to do with PvP. There are no titles or tracking for PvP. Most kills, most healing..things like that. It's just shallow. There's emperor, and there's overall campaign score, and that score has nothing to do with player performance in PvP.

Onto battlegrounds. In 80% of the game modes for BGs, it actually makes more sense to be a tank than a damage dealer, and there's virtually no incentive to be a healer, unless it's a tank/healer. There is no static stat tracking having to with PvP. No long term reward for being in the top 5% (example) of Kills/Deaths over something like a week of battlegrounds. No reward for holding or even competing for most heals, or any other metric.

PvP is just under-valued, under-rewarded and under-recognized in PvP-centric activities.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    No point in mentioning performance really...I guess what I'd like to for PvP is for PvP (killing other players) to be relevant and reflected in awards, scoring, achievements, cosmetics, etc.
    Look at Cyrodiil. This is an environment focused on holding land, as far as scoring in concerned. The currency received for playing in this zone pays highest for capturing land and defending keeps/outposts. Scoring isn't influenced by PvP in the PvP zone. Emperor has nothing to do with PvP. There are no titles or tracking for PvP. Most kills, most healing..things like that. It's just shallow. There's emperor, and there's overall campaign score, and that score has nothing to do with player performance in PvP.

Onto battlegrounds. In 80% of the game modes for BGs, it actually makes more sense to be a tank than a damage dealer, and there's virtually no incentive to be a healer, unless it's a tank/healer. There is no static stat tracking having to with PvP. No long term reward for being in the top 5% (example) of Kills/Deaths over something like a week of battlegrounds. No reward for holding or even competing for most heals, or any other metric.

PvP is just under-valued, under-rewarded and under-recognized in PvP-centric activities.

Interesting perspective. I never really noticed that most AP seems to be earned by doing PvE activities in cyrodiil. It does seem like most AP should come from PvP activities. In many ways ZOS did put PvE as the priority in their PvP zone, at least when you look at what you get paid for while in the zone.

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    Deathmatch queue back in Battlegrounds.

god yes, the other modes suck.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aektann wrote: »
    We need good performance and lag free battles in pvp. That's all

I think this is the first suggestion that needs to be made in any thread on this subject.
    Stridig wrote: »
    Fix lag
    Turn collision on
    Cool down timer for AP on enemies killed and figure out how to do the same for random outposts. So tired of people killing friends to get on the leaderboard

Since a lot of times groups from two different alliances are bouncing back and forth between two points until one is able to push past I think a better solution is to have diminishing returns on killing the same player within a given time frame. As for the outposts/keeps, I do not think there should be reduced AP since often those same two groups pushing back and forth between two points are not friends helping each other out.
    Edited by Amottica on August 5, 2021 3:55AM