The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Are the changes to Battle Spirit really addressing Time To Kill???

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Battle spirit -44% damage, -50% healing
(Current)

Battle spirit -50% damage -55% healing
(Patch Notes v7.1.2)

- - - - -

So theoretically, that’s 20% less survivability.

6% damage reduction / current 56% battle spirit = 10% effective change to current damage reduction battle spirit.

5% healing reduction / current 50% battle spirit = 10% effective change to current healing reduction battle spirit

...so that’ll make “time to kill” slower if a healer isn’t around - burst builds become less potent

...and “time to kill” faster if a healer is around - stalemates between heal bots become less frequent

If time to kill is a bit slower by 10% for the burst builds, then theoretically sustain will be a bigger factor. Since the one shot builds will “sometimes” have to go in for a second round of burst to finish off their opponents, assuming they just aren’t waiting for people to be at half health before executing their combo. Which a lot of them currently do.

If sustaining the kind of damage output that gets kills isn’t really going to a be a factor... then the changes to battle spirit aren’t really going to have the desired effect. The unintended consequences may be just another Tank Meta.

Can’t Stam sorcs have nearly infinite sustain even with their one shot builds because they have access to Dark Deal in their class kit?

The stam sorc one shot builds are even more frustrating to fight because they are untargetable.

- They are super fast so they exploit positioning desyncs since the server can’t calculate the game right.
- And they also have access to Streak which they only need to press that button twice to be completely out of range of any counter attack by their opponents.

Once again ZOS is trying to apply a macro level change when they really need to understand the nuances in their game, how people actually play the game, and use a scapal instead...

Edited by Skoomah on July 28, 2021 11:21AM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd wager the vast majority of "low TTK" complaints can be traced to one class (NB) and one set (Acuity). Of course they blanket nerf everyone instead of nerfing the outliers, they've been operating like this for 7 years now. At least the Overload one-shots should be fixed and the Battle Spirit numbers in 7.1.2 look more reasonable.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wager the vast majority of "low TTK" complaints can be traced to one class (NB) and one set (Acuity). Of course they blanket nerf everyone instead of nerfing the outliers, they've been operating like this for 7 years now. At least the Overload one-shots should be fixed and the Battle Spirit numbers in 7.1.2 look more reasonable.

MA is so op other classes are running it and murdering people left and right.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

MA is so op other classes are running it and murdering people left and right.

Sounds about right. I used to run it on my StamSorc before the set was changed - MA, NMA, balorgh, Masters Bow, Minor Brutality poison. It was pretty devastating when up, in eso build editor the setup nets me around 32K effective weapon damage, as that tool calculated it.

I might have to dust it off again. I haven't used that build since Crystal Weapon was changed into a stam skill.

Edited to add...

32K effective weapon damage is an enormous number. I was playing with saved build in build editor, and generally hit that with DK, NB, Sorc. The other classes with the same build only reach ~20K, effective damage. My current magcro build, which I think is pretty decent, only hits 10K effective spell damage.

Edited by katorga on July 29, 2021 2:01PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most players will still die in 1-2 seconds and the players with 40k+ resists get a huge buff for BG land grab and flag games.
    PC NA