The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

DK Melee range passive - New cleave range

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
Two Handed
Cleave: Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 6 meters, up from 5 meters.

Doesn't this place it out of the zone for the DK passive to increase it? So my corrosive titanic dk has just been nerfed?
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By only one meter, on one skill though.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By only one meter, on one skill though.

In cyrodiil, that might as well be a mile. Unless they're finally going to "update the servers" as promised?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, yeah that hurts. They "buffed" the skill in a way that basically nerfed stamDKs.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is terrible.

In PVE, too. I make good use of 7m range on Cleave on my Trash Setup.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on July 26, 2021 9:22PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make it so that DK increases the range on all melee skills to 7 meters instead of the passive being pigeon holed into affecting 5 meter range skills but not ones that are 6 meters.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make it so that DK increases the range on all melee skills to 7 meters instead of the passive being pigeon holed into affecting 5 meter range skills but not ones that are 6 meters.

I can get behind this, but they'd have to reword the passive. Currently it reads, "Increases range of your melee attacks by 2 meters. This effect only applies to instant cast attacks with a 5 meter range." and to rework it to do that it'd kinda mess up the level up for it as it takes 2 skill points to max out and part of the upgrade is that range thing. Unless of course they decided to just leave it as is and then Cleave on a DK becomes 8 meters....
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

I can get behind this, but they'd have to reword the passive. Currently it reads, "Increases range of your melee attacks by 2 meters. This effect only applies to instant cast attacks with a 5 meter range." and to rework it to do that it'd kinda mess up the level up for it as it takes 2 skill points to max out and part of the upgrade is that range thing. Unless of course they decided to just leave it as is and then Cleave on a DK becomes 8 meters....

I'll take an 8m cleave all day. :P
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

If I was a stamDK I'd enjoy poking Templars at their max range to lol.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

A buff for DK's? imagine a timeline where DK's got buffs instead of nerfs.

NKItt0R.png

But yeah it would be cool to see Stam DK's have something over all the other stam classes for once.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is aoe though.. did anyone actually test the skill on the first week of pts to see if it affected its range because I highly doubt it did which means it's just a net buff for everyone.

On live, the passive has no effect on aoe skills like Stampede or Blade Cloak as it shouldn't. Can you imagine those skills buffed to 7m radiuses?

For clarification.. Radius =/= Range. The tooltip states melee abilities with a 5m range, not 5m radius.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 27, 2021 1:23AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is aoe though.. did anyone actually test the skill on the first week of pts to see if it affected its range because I highly doubt it did which means it's just a net buff for everyone.

On live, the passive has no effect on aoe skills like Stampede or Blade Cloak as it shouldn't. Can you imagine those skills buffed to 7m radiuses?

For clarification.. Radius =/= Range. The tooltip states melee abilities with a 5m range, not 5m radius.

The passive applies to Instant cast melee abilities with a 5 meter range. Stampede AoE is not instant cast (after effect) and blade cloak is damage over time.

I think instant cast melee refers to direct damaging abilities. So yes cleave would qualify for the extra 2 meters range (it's not a full radius anyways) since it meets both the 5 meter and direct damage requirements.

As for whether or not it actually worked at 5m probably wont ever be known unless the devs says "no its not intended" or they make it apply in the following updates.
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please look at this cleave interaction with dk passive. A dk cleave build needs the extra range from the passive but will no longer get it if this change goes live.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure we should nerf everyone else back to 5m so dk could have a 7m range on cleave? why nerf 4-5 class for 1? whats the logic behind that request?
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    sure we should nerf everyone else back to 5m so dk could have a 7m range on cleave? why nerf 4-5 class for 1? whats the logic behind that request?

No one is asking for a nerf back to 5m. We're asking for the dk passive to be looked at and possibly adjusted.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »

No one is asking for a nerf back to 5m. We're asking for the dk passive to be looked at and possibly adjusted.

sure for 1 class, every class want their skills revesited :)
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a net buff

You know what they say about gifthorses and their mouths

I "main" Corrosive Titanic and I'm very happy about the increased arc. Naturally I was even happier when I read the first iteration of the patch notes, knowing we'd be the only ones left with a 7m range, but, overall, insofar as we have the best synergy with Titanic Cleave on account of our Ults, we'll still get more mileage out of this change than other classes.

But yes please make Elder Dragon apply to all abilities, also add a 0 to the HP Regen modifier, or revise that part of the passive to some Healing Taken or Mitigation buff, please.

Edited by Urzigurumash on July 28, 2021 9:25PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally more interested in the dot stacking Carve will get next patch. Considering fiery breath and it's morphs are DKs qusei spammable, I figured giving that dot a stack could take DK a long way.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really like the new cleave range. on all my stam user, 1m less on the dk is not honestly that bad.
    i have 3 stam dk.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm personally more interested in the dot stacking Carve will get next patch. Considering fiery breath and it's morphs are DKs qusei spammable, I figured giving that dot a stack could take DK a long way.

It would have been really nice if the Bleed stacks actually counted as unique Bleed instances for the purposes of the set Dro'Zakar's Claws - but they don't.

Neither do Warden Bird stacks. Sigh.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It would have been really nice if the Bleed stacks actually counted as unique Bleed instances for the purposes of the set Dro'Zakar's Claws - but they don't.

Neither do Warden Bird stacks. Sigh.

That is a shame
  • JasonWangTaiwan
    Two hand passive are much weaker than dual wield that I won't even care how cleave range really changed.
    PVE or PVP most two hand passive aren't effective except dizzy, execute and rally.