Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden Bear/Build Diversity/Skills

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems like it is trash for pvp, I hardly ever see anyone running it either, I also have seen a lack of actual pet builds in pvp as well. Some may not like them, but I feel this patch is all about high burst, and ultimately feels like build diversity isn't as great as it was before in the past. It would be nice for ALL skills to be viable instead of just a select few in pvp, or having to handicap yourself to utilize some skills you would want to use.
Edited by regime211 on August 2, 2021 6:02AM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tried to make the bear work in pvp but it's just useless really- from the time you tell it to target a player with its special ability to the time it actually hits is like 3-5 seconds. Which may as well be 3-5 minutes in Cyrodiil.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I've tried to make the bear work in pvp but it's just useless really- from the time you tell it to target a player with its special ability to the time it actually hits is like 3-5 seconds. Which may as well be 3-5 minutes in Cyrodiil.

Yeah it really sucks, it could have been good to use for a pet build, but the delay is just clear as day. I REALLY would wish they would stop waiting for the community to tell them things are broken, and just play the game and realize some skills are calculated wrong to not hit properly, and the warden bear is one of them. I even tried using it in duels and granted it takes ccing my opponent to "hopefully" secure the execute. Some skills just don't work at all in open world pvp.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has janky pet controls, why it can't be set as a single button press without mouse/trigger is an annoyance on its own. And yeah there's no control on when to fire their special attack be it the clannfear tail swing or the bear swipe attack, they both have an animation delay and other players can time it to dodge roll away if they look for the right cues.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has janky pet controls, why it can't be set as a single button press without mouse/trigger is an annoyance on its own. And yeah there's no control on when to fire their special attack be it the clannfear tail swing or the bear swipe attack, they both have an animation delay and other players can time it to dodge roll away if they look for the right cues.

It's frustrating, and because there isn't a community out cry about it, I don't ever seeing it fixed any time soon.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

It's frustrating, and because there isn't a community out cry about it, I don't ever seeing it fixed any time soon.

I think the bear should gapclose upon using the claw ultimate. And it's cast time should be standardised with other pets. This way you could actually single bar it and have it be useful in pvp.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

I think the bear should gapclose upon using the claw ultimate. And it's cast time should be standardised with other pets. This way you could actually single bar it and have it be useful in pvp.

That would definitely be a nice fix for it, or I would hope so if they cared to implement it.