The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More Combined Achievement Titles

CombatRecon11B
CombatRecon11B
✭✭✭
More Combined Achievement Titles

Granted we have some of these already like "Tamriel Hero," wouldn't you like to rock a title that is more of an accurate display of your life in ESO?

I think global titles that encompass an array of accomplishments dlc, trials, dungeon, etc, would be really cool.

For instance, a title for having completed all Veteran Arenas, or progressive titles for having region completed everything. Or progressive titles for having completed vet trials. There's a lot of ways to go about it. Of course there are some that will opt out and wear a title befitting their playstyle, or something else, but more options would be nice, and would give players more to achieve.
  • Disturbed_One
    Disturbed_One
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then, when they add a new vet trial... do you have to complete the new one to get your title back? Or do you keep it?
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it, they add another, which is why I used the term progressive. So it's structured that way.
  • Disturbed_One
    Disturbed_One
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... we'd have things like

Master Trials Conqueror
    Grand Master Trials Conqueror
    Supreme Trials Conqueror
    Master Supreme Trials Conqueror

.. as people get more and more trial clears, and they add a new one every year (or 6 months)

Are they based on just a number of them.. say clear 6 of 9 to get this title (which then changes to 6 of 10 when they add another?)

We just had a long thread about a persons character getting completely locked and made unplayable when they tried to mess with 1 achievement... I shudder to think what could happen when they try and do it for everybody...

(That said, they have deleted achievements and introduced a new one, as they did recently with Eclectic decorator)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having more related titles would be cool for rp.

Trials
    - All Craglorn vet trials: Celestial Conqueror
    - All Craglorn vet trials no death/hard mode/speedrun: Mundus Savior

Fishing
    - Vvardenfell+Clockwork City fishing: Red Mountain Fishermen
    - Northern+Southern Elsweyr fishing: Oasis Fishermen
    - Western Skyrim+The Reach fishing: Ice Water Fishermen
    - Blackwood+Deadlands fishing: Niben River Fishermen

Zones
    - Vvardenfell+Clockwork City all quests: Tribunal Worshipper
    - Northern+Southern Elsweyr all quests: Sand Dune Traveller
    - Western Skyrim+The Reach all quests: Skyrim Adventurer
    - Blackwood+Deadlands all quests: Oblivion Walker

Edited by Vaoh on August 1, 2021 9:17PM
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Having more related titles would be cool for rp.

Trials
    - All Craglorn vet trials: Celestial Conqueror
    - All Craglorn vet trials no death/hard mode/speedrun: Mundus Savior

Fishing
    - Vvardenfell+Clockwork City fishing: Red Mountain Fishermen
    - Northern+Southern Elsweyr fishing: Oasis Fishermen
    - Western Skyrim+The Reach fishing - Ice Water Fishermen
    - Blackwood+Deadlands fishing: Niben River Fishermen

Zones
    - Vvardenfell+Clockwork City all quests: Tribunal Worshipper
    - Northern+Southern Elsweyr all quests: Sand Dune Traveller
    - Western Skyrim+The Reach - Skyrim Adventurer
    - Blackwood+Deadlands fishing: Oblivion Walker

Absolutely!
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we had a profile on each of our character.

People could click to see your character's "bio" where you could showcase, maybe, your 10 favorite titles and achievements you've earned.

Like in overwatch you can click to see people's profile to see what role and character they main, stats etc.
    Something like this but with titles and achievements instead.
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we had a profile on each of our character.

People could click to see your character's "bio" where you could showcase, maybe, your 10 favorite titles and achievements you've earned.

Like in overwatch you can click to see people's profile to see what role and character they main, stats etc.
    Something like this but with titles and achievements instead.

That's a great idea.
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    tbh, there are already so many titles out there, I just don't care about any of them any more because they are mostly meaningless. I might notice God Slayer or Tick Tock Tormentor when it comes to pve. But that's it. For pvp it is even worse. I mean, what Grand Overlord really means is that you spent countless hours grinding AP (and I know what I am talking about), not that you have aquired any skill level in pvp. So please no, don't add any more of that to the game.

Most of my chars don't run any title at all nowadays, because I think it would just distract from their carefully chosen and interesting names anyway ;)
    Edited by Herr_Flocke on August 1, 2021 11:20PM
  • CombatRecon11B
    CombatRecon11B
    ✭✭✭
    tbh, there are already so many titles out there, I just don't care about any of them any more because they are mostly meaningless. I might notice God Slayer or Tick Tock Tormentor when it comes to pve. But that's it. For pvp it is even worse. I mean, what Grand Overlord really means is that you spent countless hours grinding AP (and I know what I am talking about), not that you have aquired any skill level in pvp. So please no, don't add any more of that to the game.

Most of my chars don't run any title at all nowadays, because I think it would just distract from their carefully chosen and interesting names anyway ;)

That's your opinion, but I think you're wrong to say titles are meaningless. Even the example you gave depicts a title that takes a lot of time to aquire. Often times that takes serious dedication.

Master Angler, for one, is such an achievement that people look at and know... hey, that had to be rough.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's your opinion, but I think you're wrong to say titles are meaningless. Even the example you gave depicts a title that takes a lot of time to aquire. Often times that takes serious dedication.

Master Angler, for one, is such an achievement that people look at and know... hey, that had to be rough.

I think he's got a point.. having a grand overlord title does not mean you are good at PvP, it just shows that you've spent a lot of time in Cyrodill
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    if you equate time with dedication I would agree. So why not make it real and meaningful with titles like:

spent 1000 h ingame: time waster
    spent 3000 h ingame: master time waster
    spent 6000 h ingame: legendary time waster

that would sum up most of the others anyway :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like something like 'Architect' for instance for completing housing related activities. It could be an umbrella achievement for decorating X number of houses, with X number of items, or crafting a certain amount or quality of furnishings, placing down paths, using house guests, and so on.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't stand trials but I'm all for them giving you titles that reflect your achievements for doing groups of them.