The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"The Hungry Cat's Favor" - North Elsweyr daily quest bug.

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
So, there is this quest here, where you have to slay monstrous beasts and smear blood on altars to Hircine.

So you kill beasts, get "Monstrous Blood", walk close to the Hircine totems indicated by the quest arrows, and stop when you get the option to press "E" to "Smear Blood".

Then you press E, as the game tells you.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:

The player makes a "throwing" motion, and is credited with having thrown blood on that totem. Having the totem appear to be blood-spattered, at least temporarily, would be a nice optional extra.

WHAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN:

The player begins running around in small circles, circling the totem several times at touching distance, then runs off in a random direction despite the fact that no motion/direction key is being held down, and aggros all the monsters which have respawned on the other side of the room, and never actually throws the blood.

Basically: Having the OPTION to press "E" to "Smear Blood" should indicate that the player is already within the hit zone for doing just that, and therefore should trigger only the "throwing" motion, the player's feet should never move because they are in the correct place already and do not need to move to another place!

[EDIT] Oops, sorry, wrong forum, thought I was in Bug Reports.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2021 10:52AM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem I always had with this quest is that one of the altars, I think the one in the northwest, has a tiny tiny hitbox and I have to spend far too long trying to find it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bug I ran into seemed different.

I was at the central altar (the one by the delve boss). Somebody used it before I did. The quest marker went away for me, and I couldn't use it after that, even after ReloadUI. I finally abanded the delve.

It was like the respawn issues around world boss quests, but I'm guessing there is NOT supposed to be a competition for altar spawns on this quest.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a boss at each altar.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's the altars on the stairs in the NW corner and the main boss area, usually the NE one, that give me issues.

I've found that sometimes you have to get right up in the skull's face to activate it, but at least you can usually end up getting it after dancing around it a few times. The activator hitboxes should be made a bit bigger though so that doesn't happen.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like getting Nisuzi her tea but she never shares it with me. :(
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do this quest several times a week, also without there being an event and I did never encountered such a bug.
    I mostly do NE dailys on 2 different toons each day, they are all super easy and super quick.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    The problem I always had with this quest is that one of the altars, I think the one in the northwest, has a tiny tiny hitbox and I have to spend far too long trying to find it.

That one’s a pain. I’ve got it now by looking up, maybe slightly above it, but it took a while.