The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS refusing to address the real problem and instead buffs pressing less buttons

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Nerfing healing and buffing mitigation + a slight nerf to regen… sounds like less buttons being pressed and the skill gap closing once again.

Theres no one complaining that the average 1 damage set, 1 defensive set + monster set build is putting out absurd damageon live servers, damage is in the right place for most builds except…Gankers. Gankers and particularly bombers are running rampant this patch with bombers being capable of non ult solo ganks, stamblade builds with a 5 piece defensive set putting out the same damage as a ganker and stamsorc gankers being faster and easier than regular nightblade ganking.

The fix is really simple, crit stacking has become insanely easy and significantly helps gankers and bombers who are guaranteed crits which currently are the most overperforming. The fix is buffing impen or giving more crit resist to the crit resist CP option and changing the way you can crystal weapon from stealth and stack it with crushing weapon + not allow anything to stack on overload light and heavy attacks. The devs can see that gankers are the major issue that can be dealt with directly, however have decided that blanket buffs to mitigation and nerfs to healing will improve the current PvP climate.

However ZOS has turned around and increased mitigation and lowered healing, essentially making survival easier for people that just outright do less, by buffing mitigation and nerfing healing it makes worse players better as they are usually the players who are worse at keeping up buffs (which mitigation buffing makes less of a problem since you are now outright tankier) and don’t keep up HOTS and heal less frequently (which nerfing healing makes less of a problem).
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    except…Gankers. Gankers and particularly bombers are running rampant this patch with bombers being capable of non ult solo ganks, stamblade builds with a 5 piece defensive set putting out the same damage as a ganker.

This isn't true. If I run one defensive set I become useless as an incap build. I run 3 damage sets while knowing that one dawnbreaker from a warden wearing pariah will one shot me.

So what if a NB kills you without an ulti. You either didn't have your defenses active or you aren't built to withstand burst damage, both of which is a player fault.
    The fix is really simple, crit stacking has become insanely easy and significantly helps gankers and bombers who are guaranteed crits which currently are the most overperforming.

Guaranteed crits are a problem. You have sorcs and wardens wearing Mechanical Aquity. 5 guaranteed crits every 16 seconds is absurd. I'm all for adjusting that. Either less active seconds or a longer cooldown would do it. Right now it's just too easy. I COULD wear it on my stamblade and rock people but I don't because it's cheese sauce.
    The devs can see that gankers are the major issue that can be dealt with directly, however have decided that blanket buffs to mitigation and nerfs to healing will improve the current PvP climate.

I agree. Battle Spirit should have been left the same. Adjusting MA would go a long way alleviating your concerns.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be curious to look at their TTK data, how many of those fights had mech acuity?

The solution to the problems in the current patch is to increase base crit resistance so crit damage overall gets a 10-15% nerf. That fixes the problems with your crazy gankers, your crit stacking ball groups, etc; while sill allowing it to be a viable playstyle, as well as making other armor traits semi-viable.

Instead ZOS decided to give mech acuity an indirect buff (med armor now gives extra spell damage and crit damage and who cares about pen because Balorgh) and made people harder to kill, which is also an indirect buff to crit damage because the burst from crit is higher than from any other form of damage.

That's just my two cents anyway...
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    They need to fix things manually instead of these broad strokes which cause as many new problems as they solve.

Nerfing proxy det vs low target counts is an example of a great change, we just need more of those.

Things like reverting balorgh, giving a 2 second rev up time before mechanical acuity takes effect, removing the guarented crit from cloak, and not letting crushing weapon stack with crystal weapon would go a long way in reducing no counterplay oneshots while being quick and simple changes.

• BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be curious to look at their TTK data, how many of those fights had mech acuity?

The solution to the problems in the current patch is to increase base crit resistance so crit damage overall gets a 10-15% nerf. That fixes the problems with your crazy gankers, your crit stacking ball groups, etc; while sill allowing it to be a viable playstyle, as well as making other armor traits semi-viable.

Instead ZOS decided to give mech acuity an indirect buff (med armor now gives extra spell damage and crit damage and who cares about pen because Balorgh) and made people harder to kill, which is also an indirect buff to crit damage because the burst from crit is higher than from any other form of damage.

Buff crit resist just move people back to a malacath meta again. Where people just stack % damage increases along with penetration.PvP is one area of the game where changing anything will cause a pendulum effect moving meta from one extreme to another. However the biggest issue in pvp is the players themselves. Allow me to explain players in PvP want to deal insane damage tank insane damage at the same time which don’t work.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

Buff crit resist just move people back to a malacath meta again. Where people just stack % damage increases along with penetration.PvP is one area of the game where changing anything will cause a pendulum effect moving meta from one extreme to another. However the biggest issue in pvp is the players themselves. Allow me to explain players in PvP want to deal insane damage tank insane damage at the same time which don’t work.

Malacath being meta with how it currently performs pales in comparison to crit damage in the current meta, especially since proc sets have been butchered for the most part. At the end of the day I’m not getting dawnbreakered and wrecking blowed/spin to winned for 10K+ hits often if at all whilst that is pretty standard from a nightblade with a decent balorgh proc of ult built upfollowed by surprise attack or sap essence.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malacath being meta with how it currently performs pales in comparison to crit damage in the current meta, especially since proc sets have been butchered for the most part. At the end of the day I’m not getting dawnbreakered and wrecking blowed/spin to winned for 10K+ hits often if at all whilst that is pretty standard from a nightblade with a decent balorgh proc of ult built upfollowed by surprise attack or sap essence.

I didn’t just say malacath people will stack sets tht give damage % boosts good example just as example deadly strike and it’s 18 dot dmg boost. Regardless tho make it harder to kill next on these forums will be complaining about it takes too long to kill players. Since this game has been out after a patch where mitigation is buff damage gets buffed the damage gets needed followed by mitigation getting needed on and on an endless loop.

It’s PvP players are gonna be nigh unkillable or players are gonna have nigh one shot builds
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once Nightblades have a viable alternative to just stacking burst - which isn't all that much higher than non-Nightblade burst, mind you - we can talk about toning said burst down.

Because once you remove that, they're made of cardboard.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a tiny, tiny part of the game... The tail doesn't wag the dog.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a tiny, tiny part of the game... The tail doesn't wag the dog.

1.PvE is like 2 trials that aren’t mind numbingly easy, PvE mythics hard carry so hard they have to nerf them to stop good players board breaking run scores (pale order, stranglers). PvE has a handful of challenges that are difficult due to coordination and mechanics not insane DPS challenges. People did MoL with like the most ridiculously garbage gear back in the day, chances are if you’ve played literally hundreds of hours of PvE and meta set ups you should be clearing 99% of content with ease regardless of PvP swinging buffs and nerfs, otherwise either you or your group are just bad.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is a bit of a false dichotomy tho. We don't have to choose between a mala meta and a crit meta. You can balance them both to the point where they are both viable.

Yes mala meta was bad but they nerfed it since then and if it requires further nerfs then by all means nerf away, I never liked the idea of mythics anyway, seemed too much like a cash grab.
    Edited by neferpitou73 on July 29, 2021 4:20AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is a bit of a false dichotomy tho. We don't have to choose between a mala meta and a crit meta. You can balance them both to the point where they are both viable.

Yes mala meta was bad but they nerfed it since then and if it requires further nerfs then by all means nerf away, I never liked the idea of mythics anyway, seemed too much like a cash grab.

The main point is players expect to be tanky and deal excellent dmg. What’s gonna happen here is same thing that has happened since day 1 a cycle of nerf then buff then nerf and so on.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher damage is, the less buttons you have to press to secure a K.

Trying to get a K during Dragonhold was like playing a Bach fugue.

Edited by Urzigurumash on July 29, 2021 11:02PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one wants to die but they also want to be able to kill easily. It's a lose lose.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr