The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tank Question

anticlergy
Hello. I am returning to the game. I am curious if DK tank is still the most reliable and I am wondering if other tanks are used for Vet dungeons and Trials and if they'd be accepted into groups provided the person playing is good at their class. Any information would be appreicated. I am wanting to know if a Sorc tank is viable as DK is kind of boring to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 12, 2021 8:33PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK still highly regarded. Necros also highly regarded.

Sorc tank or any class tank are viable for most content, but you might get comments. Raid groups might prefer DK/Necro/some specific type of tank.
    PC NA
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty in answering your question is because best tank does not mean the same thing to everybody.

In the highest tiers of raiders tanks are often preferred based on what buffs are missing from the raid composition.

And what buffs are missing is dependent on the ever shifting meta in the DPS. So if suddenly magcro’s are top damage, guilds will often cram as many necro damage dealers as possible into the roster. Then they will look to fill out support roles with other classes so that their team isn’t missing any class specific buffs.

TLDR: Any class can do any content in any roll. In mid level gaming DK is a solid option, but if you have a rep as a great tank they will let you bring your preference. At very top you will always be at the mercy of what is top group composition.
    Edited by BejaProphet on July 29, 2021 4:57PM
  • anticlergy
    I appreciate all the responses! I'm gonna do Necro for now as I already have a DK.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class can tank so play what feels more natural. Since you're starting out, it's far too early to wonder about endgame tanking. The meta keeps changing every patch anyway so by the time you reach that point it will have shifted.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    https://thetankclub.com/

That might be a helpful resource. I don't play a tank, yet (still trying to get my DD to actually do damage :blush: ) but have been looking for info for when I start one up.
    If at first you don't succeed, LFG.