The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companion Campanion

RapidUrsa
RapidUrsa
✭✭✭✭
So I was having a think! The community seems to be getting really into the joy of roleplaying with these companions matching outfits to mounts and the like! My suggestion would be what would everyone think of adding non combat pets to the mix by allowing your companions to have their own pets?
About Me
Xbox One - EU
Gamertag - RapidUrsa
Overall CP - 500

Companion Campanion 52 votes

Yes, I would support this idea because…
13%
vailjohn_ESOCoatmagicRazielSRRapidUrsarpaLugaldumuonlinei2 7 votes
No, this feature is not needed because…
69%
lordxyrax_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGythralPurpleDrankadriant1978IdinuseJoanOfOrcXuhoraParasaurolophusmoleculeDestaiSarannahEasily_LostChrysa1isRaddlemanNumber7Jacen_VeronGadget4JaimehWildRaptorXThe3sFinest 36 votes
Maybe, if…
1%
joerginger 1 vote
I just want to see the results, aha a loophole!
15%
firerapturestargazer69EvilAutoTechTelvanniWizardChaos2088JobooAGSLady_GaladhielDP99 8 votes
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would support the idea as it gives more customisation options and I like the idea of having a big roaming war band!
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer a companion who can summon their own combat pet over more purely cosmetic fluff.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to see the results, aha a loophole!
    This should of been the Potato option.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I recently saw Bastian standing somewhere around, I also thought that it would be nice if he had a little companion with him.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of other things are needed first

servers to cope with the clutter
    companion gear that is - junkable, deconstractable, transmutable, improvable
    comp[anions that get the hell out the way (always) (and not just the new one but old pets too
    Edited by Gythral on July 28, 2021 8:59AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need any more lag. Pets of player characters add to lag, the companions add to the lag, please let it stop.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are useless and pointless to have following you everywhere.
  • Gadget4
    Gadget4
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks, you would see Sorcerers with a Clannfear, Matriarch, pet, Companion, pet

.. imagine the increased mess at crafting tables, or where you hand in your daily crafting writs :|
    PS5 EU (UK)
    PS5 NA
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even use my own non combat pets much.

If they have some sort of pet would rather it be a combat one of some kind preferably on a time like the necro summons rather than one that is up all the time like the sorc/warden pets.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much visual clutter, for me at least.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously we need companions who summon useful pets like big butted bears, clannifears and flappies to complement player pets at fights and add some liveliness to otherwise so boring crafting stations.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted no because it's bad enough when sorcs were running around with their flappy pets and then non combat pets and tithis the banker/merchant out.....especially at the crafting tables....imagine being in a delve or public dungeon crowded with pets, companions and class pets.
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen folk running around with both the clannfear and the flappy twilight thing as well as a companion and a pet dog. I don't think we need to add more to the madness.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Development resources could be better spent elsewhere. Plus there's already a lot of "noise" when it comes to companions, pets, and summons. At some point, it just gets in the way of actually interacting with anything on screen, which is hard enough on consoles without jumping.

We have ooldes of QoL requests, that if ever acknowledged, would be far better for the game.