Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I wish to play naked. (Serious)

• DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so you want to play naked, but with armor? :)

Seriously I agree with having everything hide-able, although I would probably hide things selectively for more outfit creativity.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be satisfied with a outfit in general like Flicks-His-tongue has. (Windhelm outlaws refuge.) Having to use Nordic Bathing Towel just to get rid of ridiulous fantasy armor is bo-ring. (And at least my flavour of nordics do not need modesty towels to bathe anyway. It simply is not a big deal.)
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I would love to be able to see my characters genitalia for immersion/RP purposes.
    Or at least be able to choose some new underwear styles.
    The current default 'black' underwear look like cheap $1 Walmart things. A loincloth would be more immersive actually. :*

That first thing would bump this game up from M (recommended, but not required, to be 17+ to play) to Adults Only. In countries where ESRB gives ratings, Conan Exiles had to remove the specific parts that would lead to that AO rating.

false. A friend of mine plays conan on PC and says it still has full nudity...perhaps just the console versions were affected.
    Other M rated games like GTA have full male nudity in vanilla for all platforms yet still bar female nudity which is ridiculous and a discussion for a different topic

Where on PC? In the US only partial nudity is allowed, while in Europe more can be shown. It depends on whether the ESRB covers that territory.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to be able to see my characters genitalia for immersion/RP purposes.
    The current default 'black' underwear look like cheap $1 Walmart things. A loincloth would be more immersive actually. :*

That first thing would bump this game up from M (recommended, but not required, to be 17+ to play) to Adults Only. In countries where ESRB gives ratings, Conan Exiles had to remove the specific parts that would lead to that AO rating.

false. A friend of mine plays conan on PC and says it still has full nudity...perhaps just the console versions were affected.
    Other M rated games like GTA have full male nudity in vanilla for all platforms yet still bar female nudity which is ridiculous and a discussion for a different topic

Where on PC? In the US only partial nudity is allowed, while in Europe more can be shown. It depends on whether the ESRB covers that territory.

hmm idk I don't play it but I'm guessing he uses the EU version or found some sort of workaround
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Lets not derail the topic guys. main focus is hidden slots for the outfit station. :>
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love hidden shoulders, most styles besides Honor Guard, or the ones that only have one side, are too prominent for more every day, non-armour looks.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a schedule for the team:

Every six months and at the same time a patch is issued, include one hidden armor slot.
    1. Shoulders (2021)
    2. Chest (2022)
    3. Legs (2022)
    4. Feet (2023)
    5. waist (2023)
    6. hands (2024)

That's all.

:p
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    That's what was nice about FFXIV, they had options to hide basically all your gear... they had a gear/glamour set called the "Emperor's New ..." and had pieces that basically could hide everything. But you have to remember, ZOS is a company that for YEARS believed that if they allowed players the option to dye their weapons, that everyone would be running around with pink weapons. I'm sure this same FEAR, which all know is the best motive for decision making (insert sarcasm), is what is preventing them from offering this option. They are afraid that everyone would be running around naked if given this option, just like they were afraid of the 'everyone with pink weapons' that actually never happened.

The irony is that while they were worrying that players might choose to have pink weapons their system of giving each material tier a different colour and then calling a halt to gear progression at CP160 meant we all got stuck with light red weapons for a long time, which often looked quite pink.

If anything I think the outfit system did the opposite of what they were worried about and many people dyed their rubedite weapons more realistic colours, or at least ones which match the rest of their character.
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I don't know about hide chest but do agree with the rest of those

@spartaxoxo id like hide chest just for the sake of showing off all these detailed body markings they make. As of now there’s limited options that don’t cover up most of the markings.

I get that and that usage makes sense to me. But also hiding chest with these other options is also likely to result in a bunch of female characters running around in nothing but bras and miniskirts, and that's kinda immersion ruining since eso doesn't really have that aesthetic. Just not something I'd prefer to see. I kinda just want more skimpier tops avaiable for both men and women that are a bit more immersive like the Sai Sahan top.

They can already do that too. There's several costumes already available which fit that description, for example:
    Or, as previously discussed, they can simply remove their top which will show the bra that's part of the character model with whatever other leg armour and other pieces they choose.

There's a difference between a bra and mini skirt and the Graht-Climber, it's not just about the amount of covering that makes something more immersive but also the styling.
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Indeed. a hidden torso would just be the same as if u had no chestpeice equipped at all. its purely for customization. lets us show off our tatts, scars, or werewolves who dont like clothing.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fashion over DPS every day.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually play naked. My characters, on the other hand....
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@spartaxoxo id like hide chest just for the sake of showing off all these detailed body markings they make. As of now there’s limited options that don’t cover up most of the markings.

I get that and that usage makes sense to me. But also hiding chest with these other options is also likely to result in a bunch of female characters running around in nothing but bras and miniskirts, and that's kinda immersion ruining since eso doesn't really have that aesthetic. Just not something I'd prefer to see. I kinda just want more skimpier tops avaiable for both men and women that are a bit more immersive like the Sai Sahan top.

There are several tops that already show off more than what the sai sahan top does and it is probably on par with what it looks like when characters remove all armor pieces. Hide options for each piece could open up some extremely creative builds so I can't say I'm terribly concerned what some people might do to get a rise out of folks. I am however a big supporter of options so I would also support adding in a toggle that turned all other player characters into basic npc models on the client.

I've seen some insanely clever motif/dye combos to make some very impressive outfits and I would love to see what people could come up with if they could hide pieces.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »

There are several tops that already show off more than what the sai sahan top does and it is probably on par with what it looks like when characters remove all armor pieces. Hide options for each piece could open up some extremely creative builds so I can't say I'm terribly concerned what some people might do to get a rise out of folks. I am however a big supporter of options so I would also support adding in a toggle that turned all other player characters into basic npc models on the client.

I've seen some insanely clever motif/dye combos to make some very impressive outfits and I would love to see what people could come up with if they could hide pieces.

It isn't. The default nude chest option for women is just a black bikini bra. It's not only skimpier than all other available optioms, it's also not immersive because people don't see it. It's just like a regular today time bikini

Compare this to

Mazzatun-Ruby-Ash-Staff.jpg

Mazzatun-Ruby-Ash-Staff-2_thumb.jpg

To this

Egg-Sister-Bias-Cut-Casual-Wear-Female-Front_thumb.jpg
    Egg-Sister-Bias-Cut-Casual-Wear-Female-Rear_thumb.jpg

They are both bikinis but one is significantly more immersive than the other. One of those says that "this character enjoys the sun," the other says "this player enjoys women's bodies."

There is plenty of games for people who enjoy that sort of thing. This one is not and all of it's armor and clothing offerings are more lore inspired and tasteful, even the skimpier clothing. I enjoy that about this game and don't want to see it changed.

My issue isn't with the amount of skin but the design of the tops that show the skin. They are and should remain tasteful and immersive imo
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 28, 2021 11:22AM
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, you're right about it having full nudity.
    I've no idea about NA but anyway, each server can decide 'full nudity' or not.
    That's more to do with preference than anything though. But honestly, who pays any attention
    to those ratings in this day and age? The majority of quality games are rated 18. Imagine back
    in the year 200x, your parents didn't allow you play COD or Gears of War with your bros? Lame.
    True, Gears is a bit graphic but COD? Man just let the kids play! But more on topic, ESO...

Its rating just goes to show you how silly they are. As a recommendation, sure. But there's no
    point in sheltering kids all their lives. The real world is a hell of a lot more scary than anything
    you'll see in most video games, especially ESO. Best prepare them for it. As for nudity, I don't
    get what the big deal is honestly. Your genitalia is a natural instrument. Nothing more than a
    dangly bit of flesh or open cavity and when used in conjunction, in can be used for reproduction.

Nothing wrong there. Just the beauty of nature. Everyone should learn about that from an early
    age and not just through a controlled environment like school. It's all just delaying the inevitable
    really, similar to curse words. They're going to learn them one way or another anyway. The issue
    is people applying other, less appropriate meanings to these things and distorting the true purpose
    of them. But then again, things like pleasure, love and passion aren't really that inappropriate either.

Maybe there are some fetishes that cross the line just a little bit, some that may even scar a fully
    grown adult if they ever learnt of their existence and these I agree are better left undiscussed
    but reproductive organs and acts on a basic level are perfectly fine for all ages, in my opinion.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what was nice about FFXIV, they had options to hide basically all your gear... they had a gear/glamour set called the "Emperor's New ..." and had pieces that basically could hide everything. But you have to remember, ZOS is a company that for YEARS believed that if they allowed players the option to dye their weapons, that everyone would be running around with pink weapons. I'm sure this same FEAR, which all know is the best motive for decision making (insert sarcasm), is what is preventing them from offering this option. They are afraid that everyone would be running around naked if given this option, just like they were afraid of the 'everyone with pink weapons' that actually never happened.

The irony is that while they were worrying that players might choose to have pink weapons their system of giving each material tier a different colour and then calling a halt to gear progression at CP160 meant we all got stuck with light red weapons for a long time, which often looked quite pink.

If anything I think the outfit system did the opposite of what they were worried about and many people dyed their rubedite weapons more realistic colours, or at least ones which match the rest of their character.

They can already do that too. There's several costumes already available which fit that description, for example:
    Or, as previously discussed, they can simply remove their top which will show the bra that's part of the character model with whatever other leg armour and other pieces they choose.

There's a difference between a bra and mini skirt and the Graht-Climber, it's not just about the amount of covering that makes something more immersive but also the styling.

What about the Dark Shaman costume then? The top on that is literally a bra:

ftk9D5A.jpg

(Let me guess, it's got a full length skirt instead of a mini skirt, so that's different?)
    Edited by Danikat on July 28, 2021 12:27PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ftk9D5A.jpg

(Let me guess, it's got a full length skirt instead of a mini skirt, so that's different?)

Larger with a little armoring, and yes a full length skirt is different than a mini-skirt. And again, it's not about the amount of skin.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 28, 2021 2:47PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ftk9D5A.jpg

Larger with a little armoring, and yes a full length skirt is different than a mini-skirt. And again, it's not about the amount of skin.

you're grasping straws when there's not only revealing outfits but also the option not to wear armor and run around in black underwear anyway...guess you've never seen the naked farm bots running around already ruining immersion because they make any arguement against hide options irrelevant.
    Edited by waterfairy on July 28, 2021 2:58PM
  • FlamingMeat
    FlamingMeat
    ✭✭✭
    Finally. I will be able to live out my RP fantasy where I leave my Nord AFK in a random spot naked and complain about the heat.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ftk9D5A.jpg

you're grasping straws when there's not only revealing outfits but also the option not to wear armor and run around in black underwear anyway...guess you've never seen the naked farm bots running around already ruining immersion because they make any arguement against hide options irrelevant.

How does someone breaking TOS make the idea that someone doesn't want that to be an official part of the game irrelevant? Should we all get bots now?

There is revealing outfits, and I never once complained they were revealing. I said it over and over. But those outfits are all a lot more immersive and tasteful than just around naked look, and that's by design. They all have things like that longer skirt and the armor to ensure that. Another example is the granny panties on the Timbercrow costume, which I honestly didn't like, would have preferred shorts. Still, they are there for a reason. They want to give revealing clothing, but with certain constraints to keep them immersive and tasteful.

Just because it's inconvenient to your argument doesn't make it less true. Those other outfits were designed to be revealing, but tasteful and lore friendly. And I'm free to prefer the current art direction in regards to that.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 28, 2021 3:25PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ftk9D5A.jpg

How does someone breaking TOS make the idea that someone doesn't want that to be an official part of the game irrelevant? Should we all get bots now?

There is revealing outfits, and I never once complained they were revealing. I said it over and over. But those outfits are all a lot more immersive and tasteful than just around naked look, and that's by design. They all have things like that longer skirt and the armor to ensure that. Another example is the granny panties on the Timbercrow costume, which I honestly didn't like, would have preferred shorts. Still, they are there for a reason. They want to give revealing clothing, but with certain constraints to keep them immersive and tasteful.

Just because it's inconvenient to your argument doesn't make it less true. Those other outfits were designed to be revealing, but tasteful and lore friendly. And I'm free to prefer the current art direction in regards to that.

TOS breaking bots aside there's norhing stopping someone from playing without armor anyway (some already do) and just because a hide feature is implemented doesn't mean suddenly everyone will strip down to their undies...the devs had the same concern with not wanting to implement weapon dyes for fear of fruity swords yet most people dye appropriate colors.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That Timbercrow thing is a terrible example. Because 1) it looks like a texture bug, not rational/"immersive" censoring, and 2) there's more revealing bottoms in the game, so saying that the 'bugged texture look' is to be 'tasteful' comes across as pretty unbelievable.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are in the wrong game...other games have what you want.

It will never be that way in ESO.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That Timbercrow thing is a terrible example. Because 1) it looks like a texture bug, not rational/"immersive" censoring, and 2) there's more revealing bottoms in the game, so saying that the 'bugged texture look' is to be 'tasteful' comes across as pretty unbelievable.

They would have fixed it by now if it was a bug. I don't like them either, but that was obviously an intentional design decision. That's why it's not fixed. They have a long standing policy that only bugs will be fixed and designs will not be changed on existing costumes. So we know it's done on purpose.

And it's too ugly to believe that it was for anything but modesty. There is no way that a team of people looked at that and said "Yes. This is it. This is the ultimate fashion accessory for this outfit. This looks great."

No. That was slapped on to hide butt. That's it. They thought it would make it more tasteful. It didn't. But that's obviously the reason for it since it's not a bug.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 28, 2021 5:11PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ftk9D5A.jpg

TOS breaking bots aside there's norhing stopping someone from playing without armor anyway (some already do) and just because a hide feature is implemented doesn't mean suddenly everyone will strip down to their undies...the devs had the same concern with not wanting to implement weapon dyes for fear of fruity swords yet most people dye appropriate colors.

Aside from seriously hindering their ability to play the game. Which is why people largely don't do it, and why this request is being made in the first place. If it's so trivial to do that, there doesn't need to be changes to the system. It's already in the game.

Nah. It's not. There is something stopping people and that's not wanting to be hinder their gameplay. That is the entire reason for this request.

And there are already a ton of people running around in these kinds of outfits. So yes, there would be a TON of people running around like that. If it wasn't gonna be a popular thing to do, it wouldn't come up so much.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 28, 2021 5:18PM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ftk9D5A.jpg

Aside from seriously hindering their ability to play the game. Which is why people largely don't do it, and why this request is being made in the first place. If it's so trivial to do that, there doesn't need to be changes to the system. It's already in the game.

Nah. It's not. There is something stopping people and that's not wanting to be hinder their gameplay. That is the entire reason for this request.

And there are already a ton of people running around in these kinds of outfits. So yes, there would be a TON of people running around like that. If it wasn't gonna be a popular thing to do, it wouldn't come up so much.

I can't speak for everyone but I don't want to run around naked nor do do most people who want the freedom to customize characters by hiding certain parts of an otherwise gaudy getup...and if people wanna run around looking silly why should anyone stop them? Let people play how they want
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide shoulders would be nice. Another of them are either ugly or look like they're magically stuck on.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if people wanna run around looking silly why should anyone stop them? Let people play how they want

Because ESO right now has a good balance of letting people do what they want, and making it difficult enough that the silliness isn't everywhere and most outfits are pretty appropriate for the setting. Like right now it strikes such an excellent balance on that. And I just feel like letting the top (and pants) be hidden kinda ruins that, and pushes it more towards the silly. I like the sillier stuff every now and again. But I don't really want to be saturated with it. I remember another game that did something similar only instead of hiding outfits it was putting modern clothes and motorcycles and stuff like that in there. Pretty soon that stuff was everywhere and the fun outfits became the standard outfits, and the fantasy look was more or less the rare look. I really like the aesthetic of elder scrolls, so for me, it would be a shame to lose that. I obviously can't speak for everyone on that, I have no doubt it would be popular. I have no doubt there'd be some great outfits made from it. But I also have no doubt that it will suddenly be a lot of dudes in shorts and tats and women in bikinis. And there are plenty of online games for that aesthetic, but only 1 elder scrolls online.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather see characters running around in their underwear than weird outfits and costumes dyed in colours so painfully bright and shiny they make looking at the sun pleasant.

Would there be people using those options to make their characters run around in miniskirts and bra? Yes, but those people already exist along with much weirder and non-immersive ones. So that's not really an issue being added because it already exist. It would just be an addition to even better fashion for everyone else, where we don't need to struggle with shoulders that floats decimeters away from our shoulders and doesn't fit the style of our armour etc.

I used to play Age of Conan years ago. ...many years ago, yikes where has time gone, and I remember the "outfit" system they added there. It was great and it's still one of my favourites. Your simply got a second tab on your equipment where you put the look you wanted and every slot had a toggle off option. Now Age of Conan was an M rated mmo from the start and female characters did not have a default bra on so if you had no chest armour on the girls were on display. Did that mean everyone was running around in their tiny underwear? No. Sure some did, but most people just used it to make the look they wanted. Things like the classic barechested barbarians the world is known for, Stygian priests in sarongs and a lot of jewelry, a fully armored guard who lost his shoes in a bet and refused to get new ones (Yes, I met someone who had a character like that).

Even WoW added more hide options after many years of request, like the long wanted hide chest. Which took way too long considering how many npcs are barechested there.

So yeah, give more hide options. Also unlock the stolen clothes as styles so we can dress our characters casually.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I wish to play naked. (Serious)"
    Play Conan Exiles as far as you're not living in the US.
  • Kingdomkeepers69_ESO
    Stahlor wrote: »
    "I wish to play naked. (Serious)"
    Play Conan Exiles as far as you're not living in the US.

Ahh yes a TLDR.