The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Q4 Ticket house

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a great choice for a free house, because it's an empty plot. Building houses from scratch is hard for new players or those newer to housing. It would be nice to at least have daedric structural furnishings—maybe with the Q4 zone?

Exactly my thoughts too,not only new players can't do anything with an empty plot of land but also people who aren't into the theme.
    If that is the only free house we get this year,then I am rather disappointed.
    Psijic Villa was already massive and I saw so many houses being almost empty,but at least some people who aren't really into housing did put a little effort into it and did decorate the outside and inside with a few basics.
    Cant think that will happen with an empty plot of land.

Can only hope the sweetwater cascade is the house we get with the Blackwood event.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    As things are now, I'm a little lukewarm about decorating that place. Not a whole lot of aesthetics mesh well with the Deadlands. There's, what, a bit over a Dozen "Deadlands" furnishings, and handful of Generic Daedric ones? It's not a lot to work with.

But if the Q4 Deadlands DLC adds Deadlands-styled furnishings and structural items, it would be a lot of fun to build a "House" in that place.

Mmmm I think that might be part of my problem. I want to decorate the Deadlands house, I like the Deadlands house, but a part of me feels like I'm not going to have the pieces I'd need to make a proper Deadlands abode.

I get that Daedra aren't mortals and that they probably don't live in houses (do Daedra even sleep? You know, I'm not confident Daedra even sleep). But they have shown to make structures. The Deadlands features many Daedric style towers....I'm just not confident I could replicate them. Which would be so cool though.
    I don't think it's a great choice for a free house, because it's an empty plot. Building houses from scratch is hard for new players or those newer to housing. It would be nice to at least have daedric structural furnishings—maybe with the Q4 zone?

Yeah I'm thinking it would have been better if we had at least a small Daedric tower structure right there to access. Even if it's just one or two rooms, I think I would be happy with that. Have it a bit raised above the land with a spiral staircase leading up to the room and a small balcony overlooking the lava. Would have been so cool :'(
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is intended to be a new players first introduction to housing, any more than the indriks or the quasigriff were intended to be their first ever mount.

That function is still covered by the free inn rooms, which arguably have the opposite problem in that they're too small to really do anything with, but I think it works. You can place a few furnishings and learn how the system works, and then if your problem is not having enough room for what you want to create, or not enough variety or the wrong theme you can choose a bigger house to buy. If you never even fill up that inn room because you find it boring or too complicated then you know it's not for you and can move on without having wasted any money (except what you might have spent on furnishings).

This house is like any other festival reward: it's aimed at players who are regularly completing event activities, so probably those who have been playing for a while and want something different to do or a new reward to chase.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two extra fragments... and the free house has been a community event until now. I hope they will return to this model than having them in the impressario.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I don't think this is intended to be a new players first introduction to housing, any more than the indriks or the quasigriff were intended to be their first ever mount.

That function is still covered by the free inn rooms, which arguably have the opposite problem in that they're too small to really do anything with, but I think it works. You can place a few furnishings and learn how the system works, and then if your problem is not having enough room for what you want to create, or not enough variety or the wrong theme you can choose a bigger house to buy. If you never even fill up that inn room because you find it boring or too complicated then you know it's not for you and can move on without having wasted any money (except what you might have spent on furnishings).

This house is like any other festival reward: it's aimed at players who are regularly completing event activities, so probably those who have been playing for a while and want something different to do or a new reward to chase.

I was more refering to players new to housing or fairly new players :) Sorry for the confusion.
    Last year with Greymoor,mind you the expansion wasnt the best imo but the house we got was ideal.
    Perfect size,not too big,not too small,some exterior space,nice big interior where people could experiment around.
    Sure an empty plot gives you even more space to experiment but decorating a house or something what is already there and trying around to cut some parts off or add a terrace is still much easier than building something from scratch.
    They will be people who are going to enjoy this free plot and thats great,cheers to them.

What other mentioned too,it isn't the easiest location to build something with the furniture we have at the moment.
    They surely will add more furniture but it is still limited,we have barly and walls,floors,bridges,etc to build anything deadric related.

Alas,we can still hope for the Sweetwater cascade to be the free house we get with the Blackwood event.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Two extra fragments... and the free house has been a community event until now. I hope they will return to this model than having them in the impressario.

Maybe the Sweetwater house will be the free one we get with the Blackwood event.
    They didn't mention anything but I guess this sort of stuff they keep till an oficial stream to announce community events and its prices.
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    Can anyone provide any pics? Console player here so no access to the PTS.

If it is completely empty tho, that will suit me perfectly and I will be happy with it. :)

Here ya go.

Thanks! :)

That will be perfect for one of my testing/showcase houses.
  • ivelbob
    ivelbob
    ✭✭✭
    I love the aesthetic of this house! Excited for it though I can see it's not everyone's cup of tea. I hope they release some Deadlands style structural pieces like walls and floors in Q4.

Whether intentionally or not, ZOS has enabled players to build up a range of different style houses without spending crowns. And that's worthy of praise.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll go with the house, since I don't care about mounts (especially awkward looking ones like that thing) or pets, and I can always use storage/experimentation space for housing.

Plus, I most enjoy doing exterior decoration, and might be able to do something with that lava pile. :#
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas,we can still hope for the Sweetwater cascade to be the free house we get with the Blackwood event.

So we are getting 2 free houses? This empty plot with event tickets and another house with the Blackwood event?
    Edited by SilverBride on July 27, 2021 3:20PM
    PCNA
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So we are getting 2 free houses? This empty plot with event tickets and another house with the Blackwood event?

lol no sweetwater will definitely be sold and most likely in the 12-14k crowns range
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We don't know yet sadly.
    Looking back to Elsweyr,Summerset and Greymoor all the houses they gave for free where located in the chapter zones so there is a tiny small hope still.
    But on the other side the Chapel home could be the same as the Vampire Castle and therefor the Sweetwater is the equal of the Shalidor house,both sold in crown store.
    Just speculating ofc.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

lol no sweetwater will definitely be sold and most likely in the 12-14k crowns range

:neutral: We will see,as I said could be one way or the other.Would be surely nice if we could get it for free during the event.
    I mean they also gave for free the Psijic Villa back when Summerset,what is imo the most beautiful house of all and huge in size,and later on they sold it in crown store for the new people.
    They could do the same with this one.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll definitely be getting the house.

I'm not concerned about what it looks like or how many furnishings it can hold, because my primary use for player housing is to have places I can teleport to.

The fact that there's a wayshrine nearby is all the better, because that makes it more convenient to TP to the house and then use the wayshrine to go somewhere else.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    I'll get it just to use as storage

Yup! Future warehouse.

Not the house I wanted, but storage is always welcome.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be upset that I saved my event tickets for a house I now don't want except there was nothing for sale I wanted anyway. 🤷‍♂️
    PCNA
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:neutral: We will see,as I said could be one way or the other.Would be surely nice if we could get it for free during the event.
    I mean they also gave for free the Psijic Villa back when Summerset,what is imo the most beautiful house of all and huge in size,and later on they sold it in crown store for the new people.

true. sad to say but I use that pretty home as storage :grimace::grin:
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

true. sad to say but I use that pretty home as storage :grimace::grin:

Like most people do,now you can get a second storage house :P
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what's weird? The main thing which puts me off using the Grand Psijic Villa, more than the limited furnishing space, the incredible mismatch between the inside and outside, the fact that it's so obviously a temple and not a house and the rubble which is impossible to remove from the outside is the fact that it's stuck in a pocket dimension where the light never changes, it creeps me out.

I rarely have the sound on when I play but whenever I'm there I imagine it being eerily silent, no birds or animals outside, no other people around and no days or nights, it just feels...dead. Ever since I realised that I can't stop thinking about it whenever I'm there and then I want to leave as soon as I can. (Oh, that's another problem: the entrance is no where near a wayshrine so the easiest way to get out of there and back where I want to be is to go via another house.)

I suppose I could use the (also very limited) special furnishing slots to add some of my pets and mounts and some of those house guests and set them on paths before I do other decorating, but I think at best it would feel like being a mad daedra trying to build my own facsimile of Tamriel to live in. (Which actually sounds like an interesting story, but not one I want to RP.)

Weirdly I think this new house would bother me less. Yes it's in Oblivion, but at least it's a shared plane of oblivion and you can see various daedra around the edges living their lives. It doesn't seem so sealed off and lifeless. Although I also haven't spent much time there, and it was a gradual realisation with the Psijic Villa.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    You know what's weird? The main thing which puts me off using the Grand Psijic Villa, more than the limited furnishing space, the incredible mismatch between the inside and outside, the fact that it's so obviously a temple and not a house and the rubble which is impossible to remove from the outside is the fact that it's stuck in a pocket dimension where the light never changes, it creeps me out.

I rarely have the sound on when I play but whenever I'm there I imagine it being eerily silent, no birds or animals outside, no other people around and no days or nights, it just feels...dead. Ever since I realised that I can't stop thinking about it whenever I'm there and then I want to leave as soon as I can. (Oh, that's another problem: the entrance is no where near a wayshrine so the easiest way to get out of there and back where I want to be is to go via another house.)

I suppose I could use the (also very limited) special furnishing slots to add some of my pets and mounts and some of those house guests and set them on paths before I do other decorating, but I think at best it would feel like being a mad daedra trying to build my own facsimile of Tamriel to live in. (Which actually sounds like an interesting story, but not one I want to RP.)

Weirdly I think this new house would bother me less. Yes it's in Oblivion, but at least it's a shared plane of oblivion and you can see various daedra around the edges living their lives. It doesn't seem so sealed off and lifeless. Although I also haven't spent much time there, and it was a gradual realisation with the Psijic Villa.

FYI a few homes exist in weird planes/places of existence...ever see the snowglobe home? Try to rationalize that 1 lol
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    FYI a few homes exist in weird planes/places of existence...ever see the snowglobe home? Try to rationalize that 1 lol

That one is misleadingly comforting.... but if you could see Breda's face at scale looming over the sky I bet many would absolutely freak out :)

• waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aldriq wrote: »

That one is misleadingly comforting.... but if you could see Breda's face at scale looming over the sky I bet many would absolutely freak out :)

lol if it had Breda or any other npc randomly walk by in the background or better yet look into the snowglobe it would be an instant buy for me :lol:
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really glad to be getting another free house. Thank you ZOS!
    Campos de oro
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ivelbob wrote: »
    I love the aesthetic of this house! Excited for it though I can see it's not everyone's cup of tea. I hope they release some Deadlands style structural pieces like walls and floors in Q4.

Whether intentionally or not, ZOS has enabled players to build up a range of different style houses without spending crowns. And that's worthy of praise.

It's a smart strategy. These events really keep players engaged, breathe new life into older zones, and that helps bring in money. If they align the crown store sales with the free houses and/or events, it's more money for them while making us players happy.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Maybe the Sweetwater house will be the free one we get with the Blackwood event.
    They didn't mention anything but I guess this sort of stuff they keep till an oficial stream to announce community events and its prices.

That would be beyond awesome!
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll get the house to use for my crafting stations which will allow me to redecorate my GPV.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweetwater will definitely be sold for crowns, not given away. Note the latest PTS patch notes mentioning a furnished version of that house. Also, they've given away a house as a loyalty gift for only 2 chapters...
    • Morrowind: Nix-Ox mount
    • Summerset: Psijic house
    • Elsweyr: Junk (a costume and some attunable tables lol)
    • Greymoor: Antiquarian house

So if the pattern holds, they'll do a house every other year.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    while i REALLY look forward to visiting other people's plateaus, this is just not for me. but i am really excited to see what hardcore furnishers do with it.

As for Sweetwater Cascades, that is almost definitely going to be crown exclusive with a minimal price tag of at least 12k crowns. But probably more like 14k.
    Edited by JJOtterBear on July 27, 2021 6:54PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Sweetwater will definitely be sold for crowns, not given away. Note the latest PTS patch notes mentioning a furnished version of that house. Also, they've given away a house as a loyalty gift for only 2 chapters...

Well we got the lunar hall in Elsweyr too,I know you needed dlc's to complete all the rooms but even with the interior only was still sort of a house.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I sadly missed the event where they also gave out a dragon treasure furnishing for hunting dragons...was so hoping it would make a comeback during pan elsweyr, even if it cost tickets.
    Edited by waterfairy on July 27, 2021 8:09PM