The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Titanborn strength and True-sworn Fury: my thoughts.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
Disclaimer: this is purely an opinion and thoughts on what I think about these two sets and should be noted as such.

I think they kinda went partly in the wrong direction with them, almost, from both perspectives, people in PVP find it favorable, maybe not, same with PvE’ers.
  • titanborn Strength 5 items: Adds 2-110 Weapon Damage and 28-1240 Physical Penetration. While in combat, this bonus doubles to 5-220 Weapon Damage and 57-2480 Physical Penetration when you are under 75% Health. While in combat, this bonus quadruples to 10-440 Weapon Damage and 115-4960 Physical Penetration when you are under 50% Health.
  • True-sworn fury 5 items: Adds 16-708 Spell Critical and increases your Critical Damage by 0-4%. While in combat, this bonus doubles to 32-1416 Spell Critical and 0-8% increased Critical Damage when you are under 75% Health. While in combat this bonus quadruples to 65-2832 Spell Critical and 0-16% increased Critical Damage when you are under 50% Health.

But wouldn’t it be somewhat better if their mechanics and bonuses were reversed?
  • new titanborn Strength 5 items: While in combat for more than 1 second, Adds 10-440 Weapon Damage and 115-4960 Physical Penetration. this bonus is reduced to 5-220 Weapon Damage and 57-2480 Physical Penetration when you are below 100% Health. this bonus is further reduced to 2-110 Weapon Damage and 28-1240 Physical Penetration when you are below 75% Health.
  • new True-sworn fury 5 items: While in combat for more than 1 second, Adds 65-2832 Spell Critical and increases your Critical Damage by 0-16%. this bonus is reduced to 32-1416 Spell Critical and 0-8% increased Critical Damage when you are below 100% Health. this bonus is further reduced to 16-708 Spell Critical and 0-4% increased Critical Damage when you are below 75% Health.

From this perspective, in PvE, these effects would reward players who value staying alive, as well as giving healers in PvE (group dungeons, trials, etc.) more importance in their role as by staying at 100% health, you would be rewarding the wearer by allowing them to keep the damage buffs from those sets maximized at nearly all times and at the same time satisfying dedicated healers. And possibly those who would sacrifice some ability slots for heals or even use things like the ring of the pale order. plus a dead DPS equals no DPS.

In PvP however, that is a completely different ballpark, there are those who would seek to use these particular bonuses for ganking, ball groups, etc. ball groups with healers that is fine as it should be rewarding to a well co-ordinated group of players, but there are some elements to it that could cause a few problems, but, in a way that is where the one second delay comes in, to make sure that opposing players who do not see it coming (because sneak attacks alone are powerful on their own under the right circumstances based on how a player builds their character.) end up suffering the worst of it as gankers can be a problem to the unprepared and possibly decide to either deal with it or rant about it. But if somebody decides to fight you head on without sneaking, who knows. Either way, by dealing sufficient damage and doing your best to keep them below those thresholds, you reward yourself against those set users by weakening them in the sets regard, pushing them to use potions or spend resources on some occasions to keep themselves topped up on health thus keeping the bonus to maximize damage, the time spent doing that equals time spent not damaging your target and giving them a partial opening of attack, but in PvP, either side of the battlefield can change at will unexpectedly.
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make some good points. It would be interesting to see effective healing, or even overhealing (like SPC), rewarded with more damage. I agree that incentivizing things like staying low health or staying low resources (Martial Knowledge, Bahsei) is a poor design. I think it’s intended to be a risk-reward trade off, but in reality only a very small fraction of players will be able to use it effectively, and even the mid-tier groups will fall behind.

Edit: I’ll also add that True-Sworn was theorized to be meta during the time of Simmering Frenzy PVE DPS. With this build health was constantly draining, and bouncing as close to zero as possible with every tick. Even in this best-case-scenario it ended up underperforming, since ramp-up time and constant healing from Pale Order kept average health well above the 50% threshold. Interesting tooltip, but no viable way to capitalize on it.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 25, 2021 10:03PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree in the sense that I dislike these sets - perhaps especially in PvP.

Plenty of folks like to promote Titanborn as an amazing set and seem to forget, that, in an ideal PvP situation where your HoTs are constantly active, you should never be falling down into that <50% HP threshold.

It also ignores the obvious point that living down in that range is extremely dangerous since you will be taking constant execute damage and will likely die before you ever get much utility out of the set.

To which players will claim to use Pariah and Stage 3 Vampire and such but those won't save you from Executioner spam in an outnumbered situation.

But then again, I also play in Non-CP, where mitigation is much less ridiculous than in CP formats. Perhaps the set is viable in CP with all of the other free mitigation that you have access to?
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree in the sense that I dislike these sets - perhaps especially in PvP.

Plenty of folks like to promote Titanborn as an amazing set and seem to forget, that, in an ideal PvP situation where your HoTs are constantly active, you should never be falling down into that <50% HP threshold.

It also ignores the obvious point that living down in that range is extremely dangerous since you will be taking constant execute damage and will likely die before you ever get much utility out of the set.

To which players will claim to use Pariah and Stage 3 Vampire and such but those won't save you from Executioner spam in an outnumbered situation.

But then again, I also play in Non-CP, where mitigation is much less ridiculous than in CP formats. Perhaps the set is viable in CP with all of the other free mitigation that you have access to?

It's pretty incredible to run titanborn and pariah with s3 vamp, if you also have other mit and about 35k+ hp. 3-5pcs of heavy suggested though as well. Even with CP mit, people do a lot of burst damage right now. Which also makes it harder for HoTs to help as much even when you keep them up. They just don't keep up very well right now in CP or high MMR.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't like sets designed to give you more benefits the lower your health is, the lower your resources are, or the more damage you take. I think it is pretty poor design TBH as you will never experience the full potential of that set in real world applications. You may be able to make it work in PVP where there is an emphasis on doing burst damage over sustained damage over time, but IMO that is too much risk for too little reward, even from those sets that are considered strong in those situations. I'd rather see more sets like the Whaler's Kilt that rewards smart/heady play by allowing you to build up and maintain a bonus so long as you don't stand in stupid.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit undecided, on that one ..

I think it might be vastly overpowered, if that change was made. In PVE, we spend way more time at full health than with missing health.

On the other end, it would value healers a bit more, thus improving a bit the "bad peoples, fake healers" situation.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, True-Sworn - favourite set of my stage 4 vampire khajiit nb boi xd
  • amanes
    amanes
    ✭✭✭
    I would make them work with timer instead of health percentage.

e.g. titanborn:while in combat for the first 15 sec you get dds 110 Weapon Damage and 1240 Physical Penetration then you get 220 Weapon Damage and 2480 Physical Penetration for 10 sec then you get 440 Weapon Damage and 4960 Physical Penetration for 5 sec after that it goes for a 5 sec cooldown then the cycle continuous.

Just a thought but I think it would be better that the current ones that only favor very specific gang builds or other low hp builds.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not, since the changes to CP and sets scaling with stats you'll find that people are generally taking LESS damage in NO-CP these days!
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbf sets like this that require to stay under a health threshold in a game where one-shots are rampant in group PvE and exes exist in pvp never really seemed like a good idea.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing should able to save you in an outnumbered situation. Both executes and insane burst heals are the major problems of PVP in this game