The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisible players?

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
Once in a while, when I wander in explorable to harvest nodes/trees/plants, I confront a strange case: for example, I approach a wood log, click E to harvest, but it doesn't work with notification "Someone is using that". I watch around and ... huh... OK but who? There is nobody... :o

At first, I thought that maybe it's a matter of lag. But I'm not sure because harvesting goes trouble free on other close wood logs around. Therefore my question: are there players farming with status invisible maybe (use of skills and/or potions)? Or is it just a strange case of lag affecting a few nodes only?
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen it too. I wonder if this has to do with another instance of the zone.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, got that thinking too... Could two different instances interfere?
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    Yep, got that thinking too... Could two different instances interfere?

Maybe? But then you’d think this would happen more often in high traffic areas. Whatever causes it, this is a pretty weird bug.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be that a player got disconnected while harvesting the node. Not just invisible, but gone, and the node hasn’t yet reset.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only time I've experienced this is if I am in group but we are in other instances. All I see is their health bar floating around with their name