The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Steam Crash on Launch

Seminolegirl1992
Seminolegirl1992
✭✭✭✭✭
PCNA- anyone else crashing upon launching the game? Can't even get past login screen. Crashes to deskstop. Using Steam. 3 times in a row, no luck D:
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 21, 2021 9:51PM
@Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm PC-NA too, on Steam and have no problem.

One thing I can think of: have you checked that your Steam is opened once only? Steam has to be closed via the menu and clicking "Exit". If we don't do that, like for example "closing" Steam with the X in the upper right corner, it's a fake closing and Steam remains opened (hidden): next time we open it, we then have it double and that causes troubles, like the game crashing upon loading.

For that reason, on my side, I have pinned Steam to my taskbar. The advantage is that if I have Steam doubled, it appears in the taskbar as "Steam (2)". I then know where is my problem. :)

Hope it's "only" that, otherwise, no idea. Good luck.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try validating the game files via the launchers repair function if you haven't.

PS. Don't use the steam repair function.
    Edited by essi2 on July 19, 2021 5:19AM
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first step in troubleshooting. Have you try rebooting the OS?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article below contains troubleshooting that can help resolve crashes in ESO you may be encountering.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post