The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lets compile a list of totally broken skills in pvp and why the are OP.

Jnaathra
Jnaathra
✭✭
Bolt Escape - Uncatchable (ultimate scroll carrier)
Bat Swarm - V10s can wipe groups of 30 in seconds
Bash (deadly bash) - Stunned and beat to death in 5 seconds, unable to act.

Thats the ones I know about atm.
  • RastSekyd
    RastSekyd
    ✭✭
    Bolt Escape - Leaves behind a highly visible trail, in case it wasn't obvious where they were going with that scroll anyways. Surely your alliance has some Mist Form/Bolt Escape users as well? Or can coordinate a group to cut them off?

Bat Swarm - If 30 people are stupid enough to stand in a moderately small AoE that drains their life and gives it to the vampire, they deserve to die. Seriously - Spread out, keep your distance and use ranged attacks(notably silver bolts) and this won't be an issue. The number one thing to remember is not to stand in the huge life-draining AoE.

Bash - Costs a ton of stamina and requires pretty close range. It's only OP when combined with Broken Talon spam(which is 99% of the time, I suppose).
  • Lexander
    Lexander
    bash costs a ton of stamina, nice joke right there buddy, would ya imagine there is a passive which lowers its cost by 50%
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont find bolt escape OP. People have other abilities (or bolt escape as well) to chase someone and mana doesnt last forever as well. In fact i find it a nice tactical feature. Especially squishy mages have a good way to get away when the situation is tense, which i really like.
    Edited by Adernath on April 27, 2014 3:12PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my complete list of skills I think are OP or that give me trouble when my enemies use them in PvP:

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Mange
    Mange
    ✭✭
    Bat Swarm - Pretty obvious that wiping dozens of players at a time by permanently staying in this ultimate is broken.

Mist Form - Mana cost is ridiculously low, some vampires out regen the cost while in combat and in the form. Way worse than bolt escape, at least you can catch a bolt escape user. Vampires you just sit and watch them stay immune right before your eyes.

Roots in general need a Immunity timer in which the root ability doesn't apply at all, I wouldn't want to still get hit by Dark Talons but still be able to move while getting hit by Impale x7.

I also feel interrupts CC animation needs some sort of temporary immunity, you can still stop an ability and put it on GCD but don't have the exaggerated stagger animation go along with it every single time.