Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killed through terrain

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
Another bug. Going to hide behind terrain or obstacles and having a spell or ability still hit you anyway, even after you have broken line of sight.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constant challange there. I wish my abilities ignored line of sight like this. Somehow it just seems to be guards (who ignore everything) or a certain segment of the population that it happens around.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you mean by NPCs, that's intended. They don't obey line of sight for attacking once they're in combat with you.

But if it's happening against players, that's a bug.
    PC NA
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    If you mean by NPCs, that's intended. They don't obey line of sight for attacking once they're in combat with you.

But if it's happening against players, that's a bug.

Its both. And if its intended its the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a game.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to have line of sight only, when you fire a projectile. The projectile needs time to reach you. If you break los after the projectile got fired, you will still be hit.

Projectiles can be snipe, inferno light attacks, caluurion and many more.

That is not a big and the reason why you will still be hit by some abilities even after you used a door at a keep.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on July 2, 2021 10:12AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    You have to have line of sight only, when you fire a projectile. The projectile needs time to reach you. If you break los after the projectile got fired, you will still be hit.

Projectiles can be snipe, inferno light attacks, caluurion and many more.

That is not a big and the reason why you will still be hit by some abilities even after you used a door at a keep.

This is such a dumb idea though.
    Basically every single ability is heat seeking and no clips completely ignoring terrain.

If you break line of sight while its in the air it should crash into the obstacle and not cause damage.