Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Ask Us Anything: Craglorn"

• Laplace
    Laplace
    ✭✭✭
    V1Yz5As.png
    1424266-jyggalag.jpg

I see what you're doing there, ZOS.
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since there is no suggestion discussion I think this might be the best place to post this comment since it deals with new content if not then I am sorry.

Please add George Ledoux to your voice over acting staff.

Let me start by saying I am in no way associated with Mr. Ledoux I'm not his agent, or PR rep I am just a fan of his work.

The work he had done in the past is, in my humble opinion, phenomenal. He has worked on many games and other products and has shown a large range of character voices. An incomplete list of his work can be found on his website( link below)
    http://georgeledoux.com/newpage/

One of his more beloved character voices is Duncan Fisher from the Mechwarrior series of games. He has even resurrected the voice in a series of podcasts called "The Duncan Fisher Minute" (link below) mostly because of fans of the game Mechwarrior Online asked him to. The page also includes some fake adds he did set in the Battletech universe that show some of the range he has.
    http://georgeledoux.com/theduncanfishermin/

There are other examples of his work and his contact information can be found on his website.
    http://georgeledoux.com/

I know that you already have an excellent crew of VO actors but in my humble opinion if you add Mr. Ledoux he will help your product reach that next level. because as he said in his latest Facebook post on his page, https://www.facebook.com/GeorgeLedouxVoiceovers?fref=nf

"When you hire me to work on your game, you not only get my VO skills, you get plenty of free marketing, promotion and community interaction for your game as well."

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that he is a fan of Skyrim so there is that.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• redwall
    redwall
    will the armour be rare to get on the video?
  • BaKaNoOB
    BaKaNoOB
    ✭✭✭
    No offence ,
    my question is when will EU server come to EU ?
  • Khuul99
    Khuul99
    ✭✭
    Arwyn wrote: »
    Very concerned that for a person that likes to play solo more than group that this content has nothing for me, so now I will be forced to group. I understand that most of the content should be group focused but to have nothing for solo players is a big concern.

Eh, at the current state of the game this sounds strange.

95% of the content is solo oriented right now, so to release Craglorn with heavy focus on group play seems very good and much needed imo.

People that like to play in a group with relatively tough content on level has the 4-man dungeons (and since they are abmyssal exp only once per toon) and then it's about nothingelse.
    Anchors and world bosses could be in this cathegory but I don't think so. As a leveling means absolutely not, too few and such.
    Edited by Khuul99 on April 25, 2014 6:23AM
  • shadowmilb14_ESO
    Im curious about the raising VR levels.

1. Is there going to be new gear for the new VR levels?
    2. Are crafters going to have to dump even more points for new enchants, armor, weapons, potions and food?
    3. Will this be raised again in the future?
    4. If answered yes to #3, please go back to #1
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    I like the zone, but I don't like the way its being presented.

Trials should not be at VR10. You're locking very lucrative content behind a lot of leveling, and what happens is that leveling ends up feeling like a grind to many in order to get to that content ASAP.

And its a long grind.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    Xaei wrote: »
    I like the zone, but I don't like the way its being presented.

Trials should not be at VR10. You're locking very lucrative content behind a lot of leveling, and what happens is that leveling ends up feeling like a grind to many in order to get to that content ASAP.

And its a long grind.

A long, long grind and they want us to pay for it as well (as in buy the box then sub....).
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • Sasha_Nekosune
    Sasha_Nekosune
    Soul Shriven
    I have a question... Will the... Simple flapping of characters Jaws be addressed in a later patch that will give the characters BETTER facial movements? Or am i doomed to ignore the characters when they're talking just so i don't have to see how horrible it looks when they talk... or... is it just the tutorial level that has this?
  • shadowmilb14_ESO
    I have a question... Will the... Simple flapping of characters Jaws be addressed in a later patch that will give the characters BETTER facial movements? Or am i doomed to ignore the characters when they're talking just so i don't have to see how horrible it looks when they talk... or... is it just the tutorial level that has this?

No, they all do it, but it is much more noticeable on some models then others.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix vamps pls. pvp is a LOL right now. and werewolf is a BIIIIG LOL too.
  • Draaconis
    Draaconis
    ✭✭
    Who are the real world actors that played the three faction representatives in the game trailers? Are they purely CG from someone's imagination or do they have real world counter parts? If you can't release their names, at the very least I want to know if they are based on real people. They look far too realistic to be completely CG.
  • tomb16_ESO125
    What happens when armor depletes to zero and the only place to respawn is behind "enemy lines"? I'm stuck in the Grip of Madness quest where I'm continually outnumbered and keep respawning inside the jail cell.
  • Pleaser
    Pleaser
    You cant even put a simple patch on the servers as we saw. Last attempts failed letting us wait every time longer then sheduled. 3 days back to back? Are you serious. How long will Craglorn take to patch than? A WEEK? Keep your Cracklord to yourself for the meantime thx.

I Demand free play time as any Serious Gaming Company in theese circumstances would provide or im unsubbing no matter how pretty your game is. You can bet your bottom Dollar on it. 2 Days Maintenence a WEEK is what you stated in your "False Advertisement" of this product. I have to deal with you failbobs everyday with Maintanence cause you cant play a damn simple 28 mb patch on it. And thats a fact we all on the european server feel on a daily basis. WTF?

And rename your damn Cotton. I'm not picking it up as a Redguard. Get my point ! Bunch of Racists down there in Bathesda ??? Hope you get sued for that one actually.

Im fed up with Game Companys behavior. We consumers have rights! You make us feel like we dont, than we make you force to go Free 2 Play. Get It? Good! You better have some idear of some SERIOUS Compensation and thats NO JOKE!!!!

STOP MAINTANENCE EVERY DAY NOW !!!!

Alles Jute ??? !!!
  • Pleaser
    Pleaser
    BTW if you dare take it down on Friday (2morrow) during scheduled maintanence while makins us deal with downtime all week since monday already im unsubbing! I'll give it all my effort to make sure people are warned about your offline product. Ill see you again when its F2P cause its idiotic to pay for something you cant access!!! Since you probably will never do that oh well than burn it on a birch like some Yew!
  • Samiri
    Samiri
    ✭✭✭
    Question:
    Now that you can find new and powerful gear, does that make crafting obsolete?
    Will crafting still be able to make the very best weapons, or do you have to go to Craglord to find drops?

Will there be released new recipes for Provisioning?
    Will there be released new enchantments?
    Will it be possible to make V11-12 potions?

Will a V1 group be possible to finish Craglorn?
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    I really hate the fact that the only way to be able to play this new adventure zone you have to have a group. Thats bs, I payed 80 dollars for the game and then I will pay 15 dollars a month for content that I cant even play. I am 32 years old and dont usually play co op so I guess my experiance would be dependent on me finding a group. Its really not a great way to treat players. I dont like it and if you guys keep doing stuff like that, I am afraid this will not be played much after 6 months

Even though i consider this as a broken mentality for a mmo, there seem to be a few (many?) people advocating for it, probably people with limited mmo experience that came from the elder scrolls singleplayer background.. Will you provide an alternative to grouping for these people like a hirelings mechanism?

And my question (since i consider the pve experience to be subpar and came to ESO strictly for the PvP): Are you curently considering alternatives to rebalancing the pvp skills in the near future or is the partialy implemented 6 caps/aoe change permanent and irevokable?
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Samiri wrote: »
    Question:
    Now that you can find new and powerful gear, does that make crafting obsolete?
    Will crafting still be able to make the very best weapons, or do you have to go to Craglord to find drops?

Will there be released new recipes for Provisioning?
    Will there be released new enchantments?
    Will it be possible to make V11-12 potions?

Will a V1 group be possible to finish Craglorn?

A solo v1 vamp abusing the ultimate reduction should have no problem :)
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    New tier crafting mats?
  • mishimon
    mishimon

You have plans to move the EU servers to EU??
    You know other tittles destroy masive PvP with AoE caps?
    A this moment HP its not enough for PvP combats, for me feel short and the combat its too short.
    You have plans to have CD in skills or another thing to prevent the spam?

but the more important question its:
    You have any plans to take one step back with the AoE cap?

• eduardo_goncalveseb17_ESO
    Should solo players unsubscribe the game?

cos.. i aint paying for a game that only provides group content.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    So, we got players on one side saying this game is a single player game.

Then you got people saying there's too much group content.

Wat do?
  • Karm2865
    Karm2865
    I see bots harvesting instant respawn hacked nodes, over and over.....
    I see bots farming dungeon bosses over and over.....

I report them but it makes me wonder what else they have managed to get into?
    I wonder how many of those Bots are using cloned, fake and hacked accounts?

So I guess my question is really when are you going to start taking security seriously?
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to correct the big nerf you made to Vamps and address the bugs with Vamps, Werewolves, and Nightblades? Are you going to nerf Shield Bashing, tons of Sorc abilities and Dragonknight abilities too since people can spam those away? What about Fighter's Guild abilities --- since vamp and ww are so broken why should they work against any more than they would a regular person?

A better question: Why didn't you just find a legit way to prevent people from abusing the ultimate Bat Swarm in Cyrodiil without making any nerfs to us legit player's characters?
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on May 6, 2014 1:05AM
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Are you going to correct the big nerf you made to Vamps and address the bugs with Vamps, Werewolves, and Nightblades? Are you going to nerf Shield Bashing, tons of Sorc abilities and Dragonknight abilities too since people can spam those away? What about Fighter's Guild abilities --- since vamp and ww are so broken why should they work against any more than they would a regular person?

A better question: Why didn't you just find a legit way to prevent people from abusing the ultimate Bat Swarm in Cyrodiil without making any nerfs to us legit player's characters?

No matter how you look at it, the mechanism was broken allowing exploits such as reducing the ultimate cost to 0. The fix they provided will stil allow you to reduce it to ~ 60 wich is not to shabby.

Going against a fix that even though not perfect, is a huge step towards a better class balance and call it not legit withouth bringing any arguments or alternative solutions makes you kindoff suspicious...now why would you be mad they nerf the cost reduction on vamps if you are a legit player..if you did not and will not abuse it, it shouldnt affect you in any way!

ohh yes, i play a dk sorc with shield bash, unfortunately i couldnt afford a vamp bite so doing my best to see them nerfed into nothingness :D /sarcasm

EDIT: i totaly agree with you on the broken skills, they need to fix them asap. There are plenty of skills that do not work as intended (if you trust what the tooltips say...), on all the classes, not just nbs and vamps (not sure about the ww so i'll refrain from puting them in the same boat).
    Edited by popatiberiuoneb18_ESO on May 6, 2014 12:44PM
  • steerpike1979
    The question I have for the time being about Craglorn is this: Will it be efficient or even worthwhile to try to level up in Craglorn if you start at VR1? I just recently hit VR1 and I would rather level up in a new zone and save the other alliances' areas for leveling up an alt. I read that you could enter Craglorn at VR1, but would there be enough content and xp to get you to VR1? Thanks!
  • Pppaul
    Pppaul
    Don't have time to read the whole thread, so forgive me if this is a repeat.

REQUEST: Please make future content more accessible to a greater population of the server. VR10+ is a pipe-dream for many players who don't have the time nor PATIENCE nor desire to rank through the tedious vet ranks.

It would be really nice to see some VR1, and maybe some VR3 content in the future. I already know people who have archived their main char in favor of leveling alts because vet ranks are a pain in the rear. If you put a carrot of new content at VR3 some of us might be able to push through the tedium with the promise of new content.

• tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atreidus wrote: »
    V12? Why do you destroy the game with undoable V12 before making sure that an paying customer can reach even 50 with questing? If that comes then the game will die.

lol
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, Trials is a shame due to the timed nature of it, since it will inevitably just be a matter of who can exploit through the level the fastest.

I would much rather have had just normal 12 man dungeons, and yes, it matters, because now anyone wanting a group for the Trials will assume you're interested only in exploiting through as fast as possible.

It's going to be damn near impossible to find a group that isn't just there to exploit through and get a fast time - leaving players uninterested in cheating, or those that just want to do a 12-man dungeon - out in the cold.

My one request would be to be able to enter the dungeon without the timer at ALL, so that players that want to actually play through a 12-man dungeon can have somewhere to go, rather than being lumped in with the exploiters.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 12, 2014 4:54PM
  • Kloui1993b14_ESO
    I like how they didn't answer the part where they added 2 more veteran Ranks. :expressionless: