Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    The new patch is the best chance to resurrect the best Plar discussion in the forum. A very simple question/reflection....what are you using on your plars?

With my magplar I'm still using malacath+Trickery+Sthun...I'd like to try the new mythic head next.

On my stamplar...dunno really: any thought?

I just got the Gaze of sithis last night and I think its really been helping to keep my magplar alive. I am running spinners jewelry with weapons for the 5 set and Stunns with one monster shoulder for either more spell pen or defense..

this has been helping to keep him alive so he is not destroyed so fast but I really don't have any killing power other than the Jesus beam, I was thinking about making a build for just that ability because as a magplar I have not found any build that makes you as viable as other classes.

I'm stuck on that stupid RNG dark brotherhood lead. It's once a day so it's extremely brutal. But I plan to put that broken mythic to use on my hybrid mag/stam sorc since I don't block on that character anyway. I imagine everyone will be wearing Sithis soon.

Edit: oh yeah, build diversity, smild deversady.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on June 12, 2021 4:53PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm using Spinner and Stuhn's swords on front bar and vateshran ice destro back bar, with 1 trainee and ring of the wild hunt . Currently testing it out and collecting clips to see if it's worth making a build video for but I'm liking it so far.

I agree Heartland Conqueror is pretty nice. Will be the next thing I try if the above falls short.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    I am running dagon and deadly on my stamplar. 4.8k(5.3k)weapon damage, 2.5k stam recovery, 26k health, 25k stam in bgs. I am also finding that dropping quick cloak for elude is helping me spam less for major evasion and major expedition.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello fellow templar brethens. I wasn't playing the game for like a year or so, but nowadays I wanna come back and I want to play either magicka or stamina templar who uses 2h sword frontbar and 1h/s backbar specificly. And I wanna be tanky af and also wanna do good damage, kinda in similar level when the procs were still good. I also want to use Blazing Shield and maybe couple it with the Spiked Bone Shield. Is this kind of build possible or even competitive so far?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The new patch is the best chance to resurrect the best Plar discussion in the forum. A very simple question/reflection....what are you using on your plars?

With my magplar I'm still using malacath+Trickery+Sthun...I'd like to try the new mythic head next.

I just got the Gaze of sithis last night and I think its really been helping to keep my magplar alive. I am running spinners jewelry with weapons for the 5 set and Stunns with one monster shoulder for either more spell pen or defense..

this has been helping to keep him alive so he is not destroyed so fast but I really don't have any killing power other than the Jesus beam, I was thinking about making a build for just that ability because as a magplar I have not found any build that makes you as viable as other classes.

I'm stuck on that stupid RNG dark brotherhood lead. It's once a day so it's extremely brutal. But I plan to put that broken mythic to use on my hybrid mag/stam sorc since I don't block on that character anyway. I imagine everyone will be wearing Sithis soon.

Just lvl multiple toons to lvl 4 and you get more chances for the lead. I got it in 2 days with doing it on 4 toons.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    I am running dagon and deadly on my stamplar. 4.8k(5.3k)weapon damage, 2.5k stam recovery, 26k health, 25k stam in bgs. I am also finding that dropping quick cloak for elude is helping me spam less for major evasion and major expedition.

Elude is much better for sustain for sure.
    Quick cloak is really only worth it if you wanna run heavy armor or use brp dw.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Just lvl multiple toons to lvl 4 and you get more chances for the lead. I got it in 2 days with doing it on 4 toons.

I'm not making multiple characters just for that. I got the lead anyway now doing it on two characters that I actually want to have Dark Brotherhood leveled on.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Hello fellow templar brethens. I wasn't playing the game for like a year or so, but nowadays I wanna come back and I want to play either magicka or stamina templar who uses 2h sword frontbar and 1h/s backbar specificly. And I wanna be tanky af and also wanna do good damage, kinda in similar level when the procs were still good. I also want to use Blazing Shield and maybe couple it with the Spiked Bone Shield. Is this kind of build possible or even competitive so far?

Check out kristopher eso on YouTube, he has a build like what you want
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, gone 5 months and we’ve got 13 unread comments. The game/plars must be doing great…
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Wow, gone 5 months and we’ve got 13 unread comments. The game/plars must be doing great…

I'm still sticking with mine however long it takes to get through overlord grade 2 + maybe a couple hundred k AP, 3 or 4 nights a week for a couple hours at a time. I don't know why I care. Seems really stupid but I just want to see it through
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

They're probably having too much fun using Eclipse as a PvE tank.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pleased with my magplar running either Daedrick Trickery + Stuhn + Malacath or following Kuroyuki ESO's build.

My stamplar is instead in a rather pathetic state!! If I get high damage I can get one shotted...more tanky..can't kill even flies!!

What are you guys using?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pleased with my magplar running either Daedrick Trickery + Stuhn + Malacath or following Kuroyuki ESO's build.

My stamplar is instead in a rather pathetic state!! If I get high damage I can get one shotted...more tanky..can't kill even flies!!

What are you guys using?

Procs: deadly dw FB + unleashed + mala + 1 trainee + maelstrom 2h BB

No procs: armor master with shuffle BB + stuhns FB + mala + 1 trainee + balorgh

PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like wild hunt > malacath in many situations for most classes and specs this update.

For speed you can do 3 swift, or steed mundus, or wild hunt, or perhaps a mix of those. But wild hunt is the simplest way to achieve it. You can then get extra damage from running infused over swift and sustain from mundus. As always everything is a trade off, but I feel like wild hunt allows better optimization.
    Edited by Kartalin on June 23, 2021 8:28PM
    • PC/NA
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I feel like wild hunt > malacath in many situations for most classes and specs this update.

For speed you can do 3 swift, or steed mundus, or wild hunt, or perhaps a mix of those. But wild hunt is the simplest way to achieve it. You can then get extra damage from running infused over swift and sustain from mundus. As always everything is a trade off, but I feel like wild hunt allows better optimization.

I run 2 swift 1 infused with mala. I'm wood elf, too. I get more damage than if I did 3 infused with wild hunt
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Running gaze of sithis with unleashed and deadly. The added survivability from sithis has really helped me not get one shot. Deltia has the build on youtube but i swapped the arteum broth for lava and put more points into health. I also went orc and changed my mundus to stam recovery. Gives you a nice 1.7k stam recovery with repentence on the front bar.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What are you guys using?

I have 2 builds that i have tried and tested for Blackwood, and both work pretty well:

1. heartland conqueror + way of the air: I really like this combo, HC brings a lot to the table, gives me over 30k resistances on my bow backbar and all that extra pen on the front. Way of the air is just great as it gives both dmg and sustain.
    2. unleashed terror+dragons appetite+vma 2h : kind of a thrownback to the last few patches of the proc meta this setup is actually stronger in blackwood, due to both 5 pieces receiving some nice buffs.

Unleashed terror was separated into 2 dots, instead of one, making it harder to purge, and hemmorhage is an insane status effect. 10 % max hp reduction on applying this set is just stupid with how high hp ppl build these days, and its essentially 3-4k true dmg on impact with stampede, which was also buffed. On top of that all the dots get their first tick on impact as well resulting in easy 10k+ dmg on impact when you first hit a target with stampede. In an aoe.
    Dragons appetite was also buffed, the heal now only takes 5 seconds to charge up, and the flat dmg now applies to Unleashed twice, on top of all the other things. With all the dots and jabs rolling this set really shines, easily adding more dmg than any other dot set would.
    Oh an Unleashed has 2 lines of max stam which also scales the heal on Dragons Appetite. Really just such a good match.
    On top of that this setup fits the whole Wrobel-esque hold your house so well, stampede, caltrops, ritual, rune and we basically have a lot of aoe on the ground. Its also good for aoe control in group fights. Im even running Turn Evil with this, for anoter aoe control skill.
    This one is probably the build ill be running for the rest of Blackwood, as im really enjoying it.
    Edited by Firstmep on June 24, 2021 7:07AM
  • GreasyDave
    GreasyDave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

2. unleashed terror+dragons appetite+vma 2h : kind of a thrownback to the last few patches of the proc meta this setup is actually stronger in blackwood, due to both 5 pieces receiving some nice buffs.

Do you mind if I ask how you have that set up? I've been thinking about combining maelstrom 2h with unleashed something like you've described - But haven't been certain how the set up should work. I was thinking 2h and stampede on the backbar and Deadly or Dragon on the FB with jabs etc? If I run that, will I get all the procs to work? Or is it 5 dragon, 5 unleashed, 2h FB and back bar of some filler buff like agility or trainee?
    Edited by GreasyDave on June 24, 2021 9:32AM
  • Imperial1995
    Imperial1995
    ✭✭✭
    So I used to run Spriggan’s, Agility, and Witch-Knight before the Blackwood patch. I’m aware of being one shotted, right now I’m running an Imperial, with Two-handed front and bow on the back bar. I don’t exactly know which build would fit my play style best: that being I like to fight long ranged using poison damage/AOEs, then get in close to finish off with jabs and an ult, either Sweeping Crescent or Dawnbreaker. I guess I’m just asking for set/skill/CP advice? Any YouTube build recommendations?
    Edited by Imperial1995 on June 26, 2021 12:07PM
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    So I used to run Sprigann’s, Agility, and Witch Knight before Blackwood patch. I’m aware of being one shotted. Right now I’m running Imperial, Two handed front and bow on the back bar. I don’t exactly know which build would fit my play style best: that being I like to Emily ranged damage, then get in close to finish off with jabs and an ult, either Sweeping Crescent or Dawnbreaker. I guess I’m just asking for set/skill/CP advice? Any YouTube build recommendations?

Maybe deadly strikes and sheer venom with a caustic arrow backbar. Or replace sheer venom with diamond victory
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right: thank you all for sharing ideas.
    I'm thinking about using Deadly + Sithis or Wild Hunt and 2H Vate....what would you use as your second set? Really really undecided!

Heartland Conqueror?

• shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking about using Deadly + Sithis or Wild Hunt and 2H Vate....what would you use as your second set? Really really undecided!

Heartland Conqueror?

If you really want to use bow the backbar should have a source of major evasion. Rune focus and extended ritual as well and maybe a rally if you cant fit it on your frontbar. Leaves you with limited options of which i think poison injection and light attack weaving will be the most consistent. Thats why i recommend sheer venom to capitilize on the dots so it can be added to your burst when you go to frontbar. I recommend 2h maul with sharpened and stampede. Stampede has a good chance to proc poisons. Also have jabs and rally/foward momentum and the rest is personal taste. Personally i dont use Potl and just have camo hunter and repentance w/ javelin on the backbar.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heartland conqueror is BAE this update. Honestly all three new crafted sets are interesting even if not all top tier, which I didn’t really think the devs had in them. Kudos.
    • PC/NA
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question for Solo PvP DD Magplar, mainly in cyrodiil:

What traits would you guys put in a light impregnable set?
    Since it already has 1650 crit resist (let's assume It's golded) using impenetrable trait would be a waste.

My initial thought would be using reinforced in large pieces; and nirnhoned on the rest, to balance resistances since we are talking about light armor but i read that reinforced and nirnhoned in anything but heavy armor is a waste aswell.

So what would you use in a light impregnable set?
    I like other defensive sets like pariah and swift but i would like to test this one too...
    Edited by miteba on July 6, 2021 8:39AM
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Reinforce the body. The rest could maybe be sturdy if you backbar shield or maybe well fitted if you use like snow treaders..
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m using Stuhns/warmaiden front and trickery back with wildhunt and balorghs
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar buff!
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dilemma of the day...I want to keep 2x5p sets on all the time and as a result I won’t be able to use a monster set and a mythic at the same time.....what would you stop?

I love engine guardian for its proc and the damage mitigation but at the same time I like Malacath and Hunt....indecision
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dilemma of the day...I want to keep 2x5p sets on all the time and as a result I won’t be able to use a monster set and a mythic at the same time.....what would you stop?

I love engine guardian for its proc and the damage mitigation but at the same time I like Malacath and Hunt....indecision
    This is the same dilemma I went through myself. I really wanted to use Wild Hunt, but I also wanted a monster set. Ultimately I chose the monster set and conceded that two swift would have to work in lieu of wild hunt.

The good news is that if you hit resto ult with balorgh, it technically counts as both an offensive and defensive ultimate.

Running that with Heartland Conqueror and Pariah now.
    • PC/NA
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »

Heartland Conqueror?

If you really want to use bow the backbar should have a source of major evasion. Rune focus and extended ritual as well and maybe a rally if you cant fit it on your frontbar. Leaves you with limited options of which i think poison injection and light attack weaving will be the most consistent. Thats why i recommend sheer venom to capitilize on the dots so it can be added to your burst when you go to frontbar. I recommend 2h maul with sharpened and stampede. Stampede has a good chance to proc poisons. Also have jabs and rally/foward momentum and the rest is personal taste. Personally i dont use Potl and just have camo hunter and repentance w/ javelin on the backbar.

Heartland conqueror and sheer venom are not very good compared to other sets.

With Heartland, 3k penetration is easy to come by on other full 5 piece sets, same with 7.2 crit or 4k armor. Sheer venom you need to use an execute, and jabs is just too good not to use; it heals and does massive damage (don't forget if you land all 4 strikes, you proc a a large damage proc too!).

If you're going stampede (which is a great idea), you don't need poison injection because a guaranteed crit strike, a leap, a large chance to proc poisons, hemorrhage, a bleed (if using unleashed or vma), and a ground aoe dot, is just way better.

Major evasion is huge, which is why duel wield is so much better on the back, plus with quick cloak you get major expedition, and 6% mitigation/damage bonuses if you use brp weapon.

Anyone worth fighting for more than a stampede and jab will purge your poison injection after dodge rolling your stampede.
    ***A tip, if you get hit with an arrow in pvp, practice rolling and purging right away.

All this to say, do what you want, I dont normally help non-guildies/alliances because I don't want to help my opponents, but you have A LOT more potential with a better set up.
    Edited by Amerises on July 15, 2021 4:21AM