Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All About Endeavors – Basics, tips, experiences, guides and more

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell 15 Items to Merchants can be accomplished by buying items back from a merchant and selling them to her again. And my assistant Nuzhimeh counts as a merchant.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harvest 8 Resources from the World advanced on the basis that 1 node = 1 resource, even when I got multiple materials from harvesting a single node.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 18, 2021 1:42PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell 15 Items to Merchants can be accomplished by buying items back from a merchant and selling them to her again. And my assistant Nuzhimeh counts as a merchant.

More generally, as pointed out in another thread, you can sell anything at all to a merchant and then buy it back.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 18, 2021 5:45PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the third day of Endeavors, things get a little more grindy.
    • Deconstruct 5 Items at a Clothier Table is easy. But many folks might have to wastefully craft some of the items to get it done. (Fortunately, crafting Level 1 gear is cheap.)
    • Afflict 10 Enemies with Weapon Poisons is easy. If you have a poison kicking around, perhaps from level-up or log-in rewards, then just slot it, and go forth and kill some easy mobs. If not, you may need to do a bit more wasteful crafting.
    • Dig Up 1 Chest from Treasure Maps is easy if you have one kicking around in inventory, and if you're on the PC where an add-on makes maps fairly easy to use. A few people can also buy maps today from guild stores.
    • Kill 2 World Bosses is no big deal. Obvious choices include the lurcher near the Daggerfall docks (easy to solo), the werewolf pack right next to one of the Glenumbra dolmens (easy to find allies for because it's near a dolmen), or the troll in Deshaan (both reasons).
    • Complete 1 Battleground Match is not my cup of tea. But perhaps you enjoy it.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 19, 2021 3:34PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hah. @DarcyMardin tells me that across two accounts she killed the Glenumbra lurcher three times (on one account doing the adjacent delve inbetween kills) and the Deshaan troll once.

That Daggerfall lurcher is probably the single most convenient world boss in the game, if we combine how easy he is to kill, how close he is to a wayshrine that everybody has unlocked, and what else there is to do in the immediate area (including the Daggerfall docks Legerdemain grind spot). And as she points out, the convenient location commonly leads to other people being around to help with the kill.

The werewolf pack mentioned in the previous post, by way of contrast, is not an easy kill at all. They just happen to be at a location where, as in the case of the lurcher or troll, you're likely to have other people around to help.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 19, 2021 4:26PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the fourth day of Endeavors, ZoS assigned to me:
    • Use Ultimate Abilities 2 times. Trivial. Does not need to be done while in combat.
    • Craft 2 Items with the Woodworking skill. Trivial, all the more so if you feel like doing a woodworking daily writ.
    • Steal 5 Items from the environment. Easy if you can be bothered to go to place where there are unguarded stealable items, such as the Daggerfall docks.
    • Kill 10 Bestial Daedra. Straightforwad in a significant fraction of those places where daedra gather. But you might have to kill some dozens of foes total to get it done. I'd guess you can do it in Banished Cells 1 without any boss fights, but I haven't tested that.
    • Kill 1 Dangerous Foe. A world boss would suffice. So would a dungeon boss. There are other options too.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 20, 2021 7:00AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know whether a dolmen boss is an example of a Dangerous Foe.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*] Steal 5 Items from the environment. Easy if you can be bothered to go to place where there are unguarded stealable items, such as the Daggerfall docks.
    [/list]
    Each item in a thieves trove will count for this. Opening the large container of stolen items does not, however, even though it was reported it did on the PTS.
    [*] Kill 1 Dangerous Foe. A world boss would suffice. So would a dungeon boss. There are other options too.
    [/list]
    You don't even need to go that far. Any creature with at least one pip on their health bar will count, even large overland animals/beasts.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Kill 10 Bestial Daedra. Straightforwad in a significant fraction of those places where daedra gather. But you might have to kill some dozens of foes total to get it done. I'd guess you can do it in Banished Cells 1 without any boss fights, but I haven't tested that.
    • Kill 1 Dangerous Foe. A world boss would suffice. So would a dungeon boss. There are other options too.

Have you been able to complete these two?

I’ve killed plenty of daedra beastie and not one counted, scamp clannfear

Any ideas where there is a shielded bar enemy that counts towards this one?
    Edited by macsmooth on June 20, 2021 8:44AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this one a minotaur in a delve, Undertow Cavern perhaps, counted as a dangerous foe. A dolmen boss did not count.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    macsmooth wrote: »

I hit my 3/5 cap on the other endeavors, so I had no chance to try the bestial daedra or shielded enemies ones.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    macsmooth wrote: »

The dolmen boss I killed didn’t count, but public dungeons bosses did. I finished the 3 for the day before finding any bestial daedra, although there must have been some at the dolmen.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on June 20, 2021 7:28PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first tranche of weekly endeavors is screenshotted in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7301855/#Comment_7301855 As was always the case on the PTS, there are 3 choices, of which you can only complete 1. Rewards are in the range of 12X what you get for a single daily endeavor.

The choices are:
    • Kill 30 World Bosses. These will not have to be 30 different bosses; repeat kills surely count.
    • Deal 400000 Damage with Siege Weapons. That can be versus keeps, players, or NPC guards in Cyrodiil.
    • Complete 7 Quests for Cropsford in Cyrodiil. That's the quest hub on the AD/EP border.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 21, 2021 7:04AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's daily endeavors:
    • Sell 10 Items to Merchants. This is effectively a repeat, and is discussed above. It's trivial.
    • Mine 5 Veins of Ore. If you only play at busy times and have trouble finding these in the wild, a crafting survey will work.
    • Kill 1 Player in Cyrodiil. OK, if that's your thing ...
    • Refine Raw Materials 5 Times. Very easy. If for any reason you lack mats to refine, you can buy them in a guild store.
    • Consume 2 Drinks. Trivial, unless all your characters have expensive food/drink buffs already running that you don't want to waste.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me a minute or two to do today's daily endeavors.
    • I went to a merchant, bought some stuff back, resold it, and I was done with that one.
    • I pulled a stack of drinks out of a bank, took two in quick success, and put the stack back.
    • I refined a couple of mini-stacks of materials, and that was that.

Note: Jewelry trait items and some style items too come in "grains" or other constituents that can be refined at a totally predictable 10-1 rate into a finished/usable item. If that's what you choose to refine, there's no concern as to whether you've invested the right skill points and CP to get the maximum refinement return.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any source for siege engine damage-per-hit information?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford is not one of the Cyrodiil quest hubs I like. It's easy to get ganked there. Some of the quests have a lot of busy work sending you hither and yon. Blech.

That said, Midyear Mayhem will probably start this week, giving enhanced rewards for town quests (and event tickets as well).
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 21, 2021 7:07AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killing world bosses is time-consuming, not so much because of the fight time as due to the travel time and respawn rate.

That said, for casual players even an easier world boss can take several minutes to kill solo.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 21, 2021 7:00AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any source for siege engine damage-per-hit information?

Versus walls, a trebuchet will do around 4000, a batista does around 2000. Coldfire stone treb is the strongest followed by regular stone trebs, then fire trebs ,(which you can buy for gold). The differences is about 500 damage between them. Likewise difference between regular batista and the fire one, which can also be bought for gold.

Versus players, coldfire siege can do around 10k ticks, but may be harder to hit reliably.
    Edited by driosketch on June 21, 2021 1:32PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The world bosses in Blackwood were nice and busy earlier on because of the daily quests and this one completed about 9 of them that way.

Then some fellow members of Clan Claws called by and we did some in the DLC zones before the ESO Plus free doo dah ended for one of them.

So on the first day this one has 24/30 world bosses. That feels respectable and now it feels entirely possible that this can be completed by the end of the week.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have seen people asking whether the siege range training mission counts toward the Deal 400000 Damage with Siege Weapons weekly. I just tested on one of my low-level toons and damaging the dummies did not add progress to the bar.
    PC NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    I have seen people asking whether the siege range training mission counts toward the Deal 400000 Damage with Siege Weapons weekly. I just tested on one of my low-level toons and damaging the dummies did not add progress to the bar.

@DarcyMardin did the same test with the same result.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't test much for today's daily endeavors. Crafting writs of course handled the "2 quests" one. My favorite chest run actually had available chests, so I picked the locks on three to finish two other endeavors. Finis. I didn't have to spend a few gold's worth of mats to do the "enchant 2 items" one, nor seek out any skeletons.

That said, on the PTS it was the case that:
    • Dolmen end chests counted as "Treasure Chests".
    • Bashing a lock didn't count as "Picking" it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one can confirm dolmen chests do count.

This one enchanted two junk items with two junk glyphs.

Handed in two quests from yesterday.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great tip on the siege damage endeavor -- target enemy NPC guard, not the walls themselves.

"5 minutes" is overstating the point, however, when you count travel time.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    WEEKLY is "junk" IMO for a noob player.

We aren't strong enough to "SURVIVE" in Cyrodil, so that TAKES 2 of them off the list.

We aren't strong enough, nor do we KNOW where 30 WB's are....

And most of us play to EARLY in the AM for a Guild to be useful to get assistance....

And the couple of WB's I do know where they are....Nobody showed while I was in the vicinity leveling/questing....

So I only got 1 done.....

Weekly is NOT for noobs/casuals....

They are for Higher/Guilded/Vet players....

Need more options on the Weekly ZOS, please??

Thanks!
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭

We aren't strong enough to "SURVIVE" in Cyrodil, so that TAKES 2 of them off the list.

And most of us play to EARLY in the AM for a Guild to be useful to get assistance....

And the couple of WB's I do know where they are....Nobody showed while I was in the vicinity leveling/questing....

Thanks!

I'm terrible at killing bosses but I did 30 in a day. Granted I have time. I started at 6am PDT. I way stationed to Glenumbra and walked my self over to Trap jaw's cove and camped his butt. He respawns about every 5 min and every time enough people showed up to take him on. Did I die? Yes, more than once but I got it done.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Well, if you're playing at a time when there's nobody else around, you probably could do the siege-in-Cyrodiil one. And the Cropsford quests are easy if no other player ganks you.

But really, a few world bosses are so easy that even a noob can solo them, or at least learn to. Just learn how not to take the biggest hits, and have enough healing/defense to cover the rest of the damage, plus the big hits you miss.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭

Thanks!

Well, if you're playing at a time when there's nobody else around, you probably could do the siege-in-Cyrodiil one. And the Cropsford quests are easy if no other player ganks you.

But really, a few world bosses are so easy that even a noob can solo them, or at least learn to. Just learn how not to take the biggest hits, and have enough healing/defense to cover the rest of the damage, plus the big hits you miss.

Why do you ALL keep saying WB's are easy???

I got steam rolled even in a group of 3 TWICE on my 1 and only done...

Luckily the "person" who showed noticed and spammed heal on me, otherwise I'd have been D--E-A-D way more...

So please STOP saying it's EASY!

Toodles...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Why do you ALL keep saying WB's are easy???

I got steam rolled even in a group of 3 TWICE on my 1 and only done...

Luckily the "person" who showed noticed and spammed heal on me, otherwise I'd have been D--E-A-D way more...

So please STOP saying it's EASY!

Toodles...

I didn't say they were easy to solo.

Also, I just looked at your .sig -- Stamina nightblade is probably the single hardest spec to solo a boss on.