The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips for vet BC II last boss?

JessPushToPlay
JessPushToPlay
✭✭✭
I think I'm getting PTSD from this vet dungeon's last boss fight- does anyone have any tips? I tank with a DK argonian & am able to wrangle the Daedroth's in the center of the room (we play catch me if you can around the pedestal there- it seems to work better then in a corner or the room or something).

The DPS try to concentrate on Rilis & killing the healing balls but it seems like they hardly do any damage before the Daedroth's get out of control.

What's worked for you guys and gals?

Thanks!
PC & PS4 | NA
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you can Tank the Daedroths without issue it is not you, it is the DPS. If the DPS is so so then what I do when I Tank it is have the DPS kill a Daedroth when you get 4 of them (if you are doing hard mode you need 3 alive when the boss dies).

If you don't care about hard mode and the DPS is low it's going to be a slow going fight but the DPS have to kill a Daedroth before there are too many. If they cannot manage then the DPS is too low. So basically work on the boss, kill a Daedroth when there are four alive and keep whittling away at the boss. Of course they also have to keep themselves alive.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure everyone knows that have to cleanse themselves on the correct rune after they get picked up in a bubble. I’ve seen a lot of groups fail to do this amd have low dps because they are wasting resources trying to self heal through the curse.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If dps is great you will have to pace the fight and slow down to allow enough daedroth to spawn for 2 keys. If its not, and the group is struggling, kill them as they spawn, manage the orbs, and when Rillis gets below 50%-40% or so, start collecting daedroths again.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There used to be a cheese method, but I don't know if it works anymore. Looking at the room from where Rilis spawns, you have the DPS and healer stand in the far corner of the alcove on the right stacked up against the wall, like pressed into the wall. Healer has to actually heal. Tank stands outside the alcove to the left near the broken debris on the floor. Tank holds daedroths outside of AOE range while Rilis bounces around, but typically comes back to the 3 in the corner. The tank can coax Rilis over with a soft taunt. Don't have to cleanse due to the healer.

One drawback, sometimes it won't give you credit for hard mode.
    Edited by El_Borracho on June 17, 2021 9:23PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the dps can't kill the boss before you get overwhelmed, that's a dps issue. There are a few things you can do to help. I tend to tank the Daedroths near an edge and point them outward so they don't fire any of their attacks toward the group. That makes it easier for them to stay alive and do their job. If the dps is low, go with selfish sets to ensure you can handle as many Daedroths as you need to. Leeching is a great set for this. It will heal you as you stand there and the poison ticks will get you some stamina back from your passives occasionally, making it easier on your resources. The difficult part will be keeping taunt up on all of them once you get 6+ all clumped together.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if I am tanking that and the DPS cannot take the boss quickly enough I just stack the deadroths on the boss and let them die. No point in constantly wiping for one extra key if it is a pledge. And if it isn't a pledge, no need to do hard mode.
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    Lol- thanks for all the great advice! I'll defiantly try these out- the group I run with usually does a great job but I did notice for this one dungeon, we have a hard time even killing some mobs very quickly. It's weird.

I guess I should ask the dps to check their proc.... We're trying for the monster helm. Haven't gotten it before.

Thanks!!! <3
    PC & PS4 | NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol- thanks for all the great advice! I'll defiantly try these out- the group I run with usually does a great job but I did notice for this one dungeon, we have a hard time even killing some mobs very quickly. It's weird.

I guess I should ask the dps to check their proc.... We're trying for the monster helm. Haven't gotten it before.

Thanks!!! <3

If all you want is the helm, tank the daedroths with Rilis instead of keeping them apart. Killing Rilis with daedroths up is only for hard mode.