The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lazy Alchemy Learner -- starting command?

Abigail
Abigail
✭✭✭✭✭
Following an update, the list of "/" command lines were removed.

I want to learn on a new alt but I cannot remember the command line. Any help appreciated.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    /learnalchemytraits

You're lucky I checked the forums because I usually don't. Making comments on the addon itself on esoui is usually the best way to get support for an addon.

I think ESOUI might have deleted the addon description, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »
    /learnalchemytraits

You're lucky I checked the forums because I usually don't. Making comments on the addon itself on esoui is usually the best way to get support for an addon.

I think ESOUI might have deleted the addon description, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.

WHOA! The legend himself! :smiley:

Just wanna take this rare opportunity to thank you for all you do for the community! I reckon your addons have got to be the undisputed heavyweight champs of "made users' lives better and easier", if such a thing could be measured. You've saved countless people countless hours of tedium, and I hope you know how awesome your contributions are (and have been for so many years now)!

Seriously, THANK YOU very much! :heart:
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /learnalchemytraits

Thank you for responding. I had managed to find that when I dug around in the archive. Sadly, it doesn't work. Lazy Writ Crafter works fine and I've got all the Lib files installed. But when I enter "/learnalchemytraits" in the chat window then go to an alchemy bench, it does nothing. I've used it on my other seven alts, but will not work on my newest one.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you update the Lib file?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    /learnalchemytraits

Thank you for responding. I had managed to find that when I dug around in the archive. Sadly, it doesn't work. Lazy Writ Crafter works fine and I've got all the Lib files installed. But when I enter "/learnalchemytraits" in the chat window then go to an alchemy bench, it does nothing. I've used it on my other seven alts, but will not work on my newest one.

Thanks for mentioning this add-on which seemed to be perfect timing for me.......

But, I agree: it does not work.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Did you update the Lib file?

Yes, and it still does not work.

Shame, really. Sounds like it could've been useful. :(
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    /learnalchemytraits

Could you make sure you have the latest version of the addon, then turn the system chat on if it isn't on, and then try again? With the latest version you should at least see a message saying nothing was queued, or messages saying something was queued.

Addons:
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could you make sure you have the latest version of the addon, then turn the system chat on if it isn't on, and then try again? With the latest version you should at least see a message saying nothing was queued, or messages saying something was queued.

Pristine install, including lib. Silent fail: no messages whatsoever. Variants of the command will, naturally, produce, an 'invalid command' but the actual command (/learnalchemytraits) does nothing at all (it does appear as a selectable command from the chat popup menu interface).

I don't use a lot of add-ons; the only other craft related is writworthy (currently disabled) and lazy crafter so I doubt there's interference from another add-on.

edit: disabled lazy crafter, still does nothing. removed lazy crafter from add-on-directory, still nothing. Finally, removed all add-ons from add-on directory and re-added LazyAlchemyLearner with LibLazyCrafting, let it do it's initial 'scrape', tried the command and ... still nothing. Seems the issue is exclusively with the add-on.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on June 13, 2021 11:58PM
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »

Pristine install, including lib. Silent fail: no messages whatsoever. Variants of the command will, naturally, produce, an 'invalid command' but the actual command (/learnalchemytraits) does nothing at all (it does appear as a selectable command from the chat popup menu interface).

Well... I messed up. I thought I'd uploaded a new version a while back but seems I didn't, and the current version had a line commented out for testing. Can you try the new version of the add-on, and see if it works?

Addons:
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Works perfectly now -- THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

• deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well... I messed up. I thought I'd uploaded a new version a while back but seems I didn't, and the current version had a line commented out for testing. Can you try the new version of the add-on, and see if it works?

Thank you very much - can confirm it works: queues items (chat list) and completes them at alchemy station.

It didn't complete beetle scuttle nor mudcrub chitin, though, so no toxicologist achievement. Otherwise, fantastic!