The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Arx Corinium grind has absolutely ruined the dungeon.

josiahva
josiahva
✭✭✭✭✭
To be clear, I never particularly liked Arx Corinium, its a simple, boring dungeon...but now I won't do it even on a random. Here is what I mean: I am a tank, and really the only time I bother to run non-DLC dungeons is as the random dungeon when the dice fall that way, but yesterday I queue up and get Arx. As soon as the loading screen stops, some DPS just types "SPEED RUN" in chat. Obviously someone farming Medusa for a destro staff who does this a billion times till they get what they need. I immediately quit the group because whenever anyone says "speed run" what that really means is that they are not going to let me perform my role and tank the dungeon properly...they are going to run ahead and aggro everything, mess up every single pull, stun enemies so I can't pull them in, etc etc etc. Now, me leaving the group in vet Arx isn't going to hurt the group with that type of person in it since Arx is simple anyway and no tank is needed(not like the last boss pays much attention to taunt anyway). So yeah, the dungeon is garbage now on a par with Elden Hollow 1 and CoA 1.
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 11, 2021 12:34PM
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, but due to wildly competing approaches of players group finder has always been a toss-up. If I care about how I complete a dungeon, I run it with guildies so we're all on the same page from the start. If I'm prepared to roll the dice of speed run, banging my head against the wall with nobody doing their jobs, or more rarely a regular, sane completion, I'll use the group finder.

Between people farming for gear, people farming for leads, and people trying to blaze through a random for their transmute crystals, PUGs are almost always a mess. Guildmates are a lifesaver.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the joys of farming for meta....
    I think you leaving them is fine. They should try getting a farming team together with 4 DDs who all want to farm the dungeon. It's also the fastest way to get all the pieces as they can trade the collected pieces among themselves after each run.. There are enough DDs clamoring for medusa gear, so all they need to do is ask in their guild.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I was tanking one of those runs with a speed runner, I would do just like I do in any other dungeon with a speed runner: Follow behind and watch, "helping as a dps".Of course I'd laugh if the runner died along. My taunt button is disabled with those players around.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Safe mode: run dungeons with guild mates.
    josiahva wrote: »
    (...) not like the last boss pays much attention to taunt anyway (...)
    "When she sheds her taunt, it's done in a way where the game applies a phantom taunt to her, which exposes you to the overtaunt mechanic if you try to taunt her back. You can reduce the risk of overtaunt on your end by ensuring that you have 3s or less on your taunt timer before you refresh your taunt."
    Code wrote a post on exactly what's happening in detail with Sellistrix
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP write about Sellistrix The Lamia Queen “ability”, when she ignores taunt. I saw it called differently on different sides (Charge, New Target). This action doesn’t have anything with over taunt. She ignores taunt no matter what tanks do for short time and she triggers this often.

I have similar experience with Arx Corinium as tank. It isn’t such problem for my other characters. It is rare fortunately, so it is only short time annoyance. If there wasn’t punishing for next PUG, it wasn’t problem. It is funny, that punished are who want play game in this cause and not other way.
  • ThePlacidHatter
    ThePlacidHatter
    ✭✭✭
    If you're just doing this for your random dungeon, why is it a problem if others want to blast through it?
    You get your random reward quicker.

How does this actually negatively impact you? Tank is still very useful for last boss.
  • Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    Remember zos could have designed these systems in any way they liked.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speedrun is the reason why i dont queue at all
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this dungeon has been in the game for like 6-7 years.

You wanna dawdle and immerse yourself in the story and such of the dungeon, I totally get that but run it with like minded people, not the dungeon finder where people who have done Arx literally hundreds of times are looking for a staff or quick xmutes. Problem solved.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a tank but and it does suck when you get a random like that. Arx is soloable anyway so it's pretty much a non tank/healer dungeon most times. Just luck of the draw. Maybe other's don't want a speed run if so vote to kick him lif he insists.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh, I only tank random normals for the geodes and XP. Speed runs don't bother me (I prefer them) and its even better with a competent DPS crew. And you do still get a little tanking on the final boss.

Better than the alternative: a crew of noodle swinging DPS making Arx (or any random normal) last longer than it should
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know...the funny thing about this is I have a follow up to it:

I got it again as a random dungeon(I only do non-DLC dungeons as randoms these days, dont bother with the pledges). I got another speed running farming group(big surprise). So I just tooled along behind them, cleaning up the mess they made of every pull, off-DPS gear(still tanky enough for most DLC dungeons, but focused more on personal damage). They got to the last boss and died like flies. I was just laughing the entire dungeon...but then the cherry on top was that last boss dropped a Medusa inferno staff for me. I am not in any way farming for this piece....don't get me wrong, I have always liked Medusa, even before it got buffed...but to me the appeal was that it was a HEAVY armor set....perfect for magicka tanks that like to do a bit of damage, which for my application makes a destro staff worthless. The others in the group are so busy trading other pieces they never bother to ask if a staff dropped. Not that I would have given it to them anyway after they messed up yet another run of the dungeon by not allowing the tank to do their job.
  • webgeo99
    webgeo99
    ✭✭
    What I'm sick and tired of are people signing up as healers and tanks and are neither. Just dps idiots that can't wait their turn for a random dungeon to pop and don't care about screwing up the group dynamic!
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear, I never particularly liked Arx Corinium, its a simple, boring dungeon...but now I won't do it even on a random. Here is what I mean: I am a tank, and really the only time I bother to run non-DLC dungeons is as the random dungeon when the dice fall that way, but yesterday I queue up and get Arx. As soon as the loading screen stops, some DPS just types "SPEED RUN" in chat. Obviously someone farming Medusa for a destro staff who does this a billion times till they get what they need. I immediately quit the group because whenever anyone says "speed run" what that really means is that they are not going to let me perform my role and tank the dungeon properly...they are going to run ahead and aggro everything, mess up every single pull, stun enemies so I can't pull them in, etc etc etc. Now, me leaving the group in vet Arx isn't going to hurt the group with that type of person in it since Arx is simple anyway and no tank is needed(not like the last boss pays much attention to taunt anyway). So yeah, the dungeon is garbage now on a par with Elden Hollow 1 and CoA 1.

TBH it's far worse than any dungeon at this point.

I 100% agree, you can't "tank" (hence play) as such, fault lies in drop system imho it should be changed;

Something like:

Normal Dung. Last boss= Drop 1 pc of "that dungeon" token
    Vet= Drops 1 token +1 random weapon + monster set
    Vet HM= Drops 2 tokens + 1 randon weapon + monster set

at undaunted you could trade-in tokens for specific gear (10 tokens for 1 piece, maybe 20 for 2h weapons since they count as 2 pieces)

This would mean you can have a staff in 20 normal or 10 vets HM (which i believe it's a sufficient farm already and more than enough to have enough of it already) while now you need a lot of luck or 100+ runs.

The current system is destroying (indirectly) the queue system too as if you go in a random today you 70% find yourself in Arx Corinium since most ppl are specifically queuing for those (especially if you are a tank since most DD will flag themselves as heal/dd for arx corinium hence they only need a tank)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the joys of farming for meta....
    I think you leaving them is fine. They should try getting a farming team together with 4 DDs who all want to farm the dungeon. It's also the fastest way to get all the pieces as they can trade the collected pieces among themselves after each run.. There are enough DDs clamoring for medusa gear, so all they need to do is ask in their guild.

Yeh, I don't know why people group finder it.

I still see people in mournhold asking it zone chat. "Any arx runs?"

Even two of you is fine. I mean there's less chance, but with randies you can only rely on you getting it anyway.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What's the problem with Elden Hollow 1?
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when Arx needs a tank? This is why we queue as fake tank.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today i got into random vet dungeon team that was farming arx corinium, probably for medusa staffs and accessories. They were rushing to bosses, ignoring all mobs on the way. Funny thing that they ignored chests too. I got medusa lighting staff from one of the chests, but since i had to clear (as healer) all mobs around it i didn't bother notifying team about it.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m getting the same feel for Cradle of Shadows due to Gaze of Sithis lead. Used to be one of my favorite DLC dungeons, but since Blackwood I’ve ran it reluctantly once a week.

You could say the same for Ruins of Mazzatun as well with the kilt lead, but that dungeon sucked even before the new grind.