Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay!!!

was actually able to log in last night on the EU server to see a relatively okay balanced map, it was primarily all small scale (except for the occasional 20 something EP roaming around on the map), but lots of fun...whether it's large melees or small scale skirmishes - it's so much more fun when the opposing sides have near the same pop...

DC and AD both actually had the low pop AP and eval score bonus active...i was able to make about 120k AP in around a half hour's time...that was pretty cool...

once i hit 120k on one character i switched and played on another toon and got them to about 120k AP, took about an hour and a half, but still cool...

had to take a screen shot of it, but, when i logged off i had two toons sitting in the 7th and 8th spot of the leaderboards for my alliance (a new campaign had just begun)...yeah, that'll never happen again...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    four more days and i'll be able to expand the group of 8 pvp toons back to 17 pvp toons once procs are enabled again...

although, with the changes to the champion point system (again), i'll probably be spending a good bit of time re-tooling a lot of my toons - again :s

it's funny, of all the proc sets that i've come to miss the most in cyrodiil - eternal vigor is the set i'm most looking forward to being able to re-equip...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, almost forgot...so the other day ran in to some weird bar swapping issues, it was frustrating at the time...last night, i kept walking around "seemingly" still alive and playing, but - i was actually dead...it was just taking a while for my toon to register all the incoming damage...

it was kind of funny (frustrating, but), some wild keep fighting and i was moving around fighting and then suddenly - zip, drop dead...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 4, 2021 4:53PM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on this morning and saw you still sitting in 7th place Geo, congrats!
    Ps4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if there was ever any way I could only play one toon for 30 days - I think I could max out at like 3 million...maybe :)

if I was to hit like 10 million or more - my eyes would feel like glass was in them all the time and both thumbs would feel like they're about to fall off...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched an unbelievable scroll run yesterday...all the way from farragut back to the ni-mohk temple...I joined in around arrius...

it was this warden named jack ward who was using fortified brass, race against time and potion cooldown jewelry to totally out pace at least 10 or so EP players trying to chase them down...

it was the craziest looking thing, they were initially in a small group of four to grab the scroll, but, when I caught up to them they were all alone and staying ahead of the red group...

to be honest, I and a couple of other randoms who came to help didn't really do much but slow some of the red by engaging them in combat - that scroll runner pretty much did it all on their own...

been thinking of going with fortified brass on one of my wardens...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 6, 2021 10:04PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of wardens, now that I have dawnbreaker slotted on both my NA and EU stam wardens - so so so much easier to execute folks now with those two toons...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally did it...moved my last 2 non-covenent toons (my original AD and EP characters on the NA server) over to the blue side...

what really decided it was, I never got to pvp with those toons - magsorc and magplar, both of which have always fought well in cyrodiil, and even more importantly:

my magsorc was the toon i leveled antiquities on - I couldn't really use any of the siege weapons I was digging up :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after months of not doing so, finally brought one of my magblades (I have one on each server) in to cyrodiil...

after just a few fights, I remember why I haven't been playing my magblades much...

I felt squishier than a new companion...

after an hour or so of fighting things felt a little better, but, yeah, magblade play hasn't felt really good now for years...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 12, 2021 3:32PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of the new companions, working them in now for 2 toons on each server...

as of now thinking to eventually get all of them set up with at least one...

it's funny, even though I almost always queue as a tank in group dungeons, when it comes to soloing group dungeons I've found it's much easier to do so as a damage dealer...

better to melt things fast...so, I'm pairing up my DD's with a companion and leveling the companion with those mages guild, fighters guild and undaunted daily quests...

it's a grind, but fun :)

starting all my companions off in heavy armor and skills focused on staying alive...

I'm really interested to see how they perform at level 20 and all blue or purple gear...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 12, 2021 3:40PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finished up getting all 7 EU toons to tier 3...working through the 10 NA builds now...

for the first time in years played my altmer mag sorc in grey host, i had an absolute blast..thank goodness for the free eso plus right now - had to re-dye a bunch of my costumes to get a more blueish than yellowish hue :p

i've tried for years to not duplicate my gear or rotations for instances where i have the same class and stam/mag preference for toons from each server...i'm getting away from that now...just a little easier at the moment to find an optimum rotation and use it for both servers...

one of the things that always sticks in my mind reference eso - is just how much time i've invested in thinking of builds...it's crazy, literally when i'm updating builds i'll spend a good chunk of the day just going over gear and rotations...

right now i'm trying to think how i'll play my NA and EU magblades going forward...probably my favorite magblade build to date was playing as a brawler wearing sload's and torug's pact...that build just hit surprisingly hard..

so, i'll be looking at tanking up my magblades to figure out a way to stay in the open (without using cloak constantly) and fight it out with folks - kind of like my mag sorcs'...

trouble is - nightblades are much harder to compete with in that fashion than sorcerers are...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 15, 2021 6:53PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still enjoying the companion grind...wow, the thing is with 17 fighting toons, so many of them haven't done much of the rest of the tamriel zone content...

i'll tell you though, the thing that sticks out most for me is how much pve playing helps with pvp...it's funny - the reverse is definitely not true: pvping doesn't really help you much when doing pve activities...although i notice when doing random pve stuff around other players - my health bar doesn't usually take much of a hit, but, other than having most of my toons built tanky, just doesn't help with eliminating mobs or bosses...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay, mid-year mayhem...i usually spend most of my time in IC...this year though still working on leveling companions on both servers...

did though get my first star made knight on the EU server...surprise surprise, was with my mag sorc, gonna also do my stam warden, just need another 10 kills (using battlegrounds for that)...maybe also get it on my stam dk too (he needs almost all 50 though - which kind of sounds like fun)...

it's funny, that eso plus free trial period has me now needing to spend time maintaining my inventory on both servers, good news is, now that my inventory is fairly okay - it's easier to clean things up...

i'm kind of at the point of the game where if i need materials, i'll buy them if need be, so, i think i'm going to cut my crafting material space from 3 large chests down to just 1...whatever fairly useful stuff fits in there, i'll keep...

got all my companions in blue gear now...all four are still only around level 10 though, doing their first quests...i like how you can use different toons to level up both mirri and bastian...the undaunted, mages guild and fighter guild dailies are great for farming skill points/sky shards and lore books - i still have not leveled a single character to mages guild level 10 :p

paid around 10k for armor/weapons...jewelry was able to get for around 45k for necklaces and 35k for rings...hopefully in another few months epic companion gear floods guild traders and i can pick up their gear for fairly reasonable prices - they are most certainly not reasonable at the moment...

messed up and bought a few items that just help with ultimate generation - about at least a month or so from even getting to use a companion ultimate :)

got them set up for different uses, they are all currently in heavy though, i'll wait til they're almost 20 before i start adding in light and medium pieces...

the only deaths i've encountered for them have been with a few of the more challenging world bosses that kept focusing them for some reason...

haven't taken them in to any group dungeons yet...i'll wait til their fully leveled and then start doing random group dungeon dailies for fun...

it's funny, when i'm doing the public dungeons on one of my one mag sorc's he has out the scamp, matriarch, maw of the infernal's deadroth, and now a companion - oh yeah, drop the atronach and it's a real party :)
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP has changed so much since I stopped playing a year ago or so. I’m really enjoying MYM so far. Having a rough go on my StamDK though. Feel like I can’t ever get enough burst damage. I missed pvp!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hours to go...EU has been settled for a while: EP > DC > AD

little different story on NA, EP has about a 1k AP lead on AD, probably too much to overcome, but, should be an interesting 12 hours...

heard gooch was yellow now...seen a lot of really good AP farmers before, gooch tends to move the needle for the whole alliance though...

heard cokesurfer was back, on their 3rd account now :o

still remember them (they were blue at the time) years ago taking a blue scroll to yellow...first time I had ever seen that, it got me a little pissed at the time...

just finished reaching tier 3 on my 16th toon...last one is my vamp mag dk hanging out right now at the bangkorai mages guild, deciding if they wanna get cured...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 3, 2021 11:27AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm sticking with the vamp on both my stamblade and mag dk - stage 4...i don't like the whole vampire stage thing, just not a fan of that dev choice...

i really wish they had mirrored the vampire skill line just like the werewolf skill line, transform in to a scion and you're limited to those vampire skills...now that we have the scion code - don't see why not???

hello dev team - cleanup on aisle: vampire skill line :p

i kid because i care...

the only vamp skills i use are scion on my stamblade and mist/scion/drain on my mag dk...i'm gonna use both those builds for a while to level mirri and bastian - just work on maximizing the whole vamp thing more, try to work in eviscerate and blood frenzy...not having that much of a challenge with sustain or staying alive, but wanna get their burst damage up considerably - and, to be very honest, beating on a dummy is boring as hell :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 3, 2021 10:23PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trying out the pale order ring on my vamp stamblade...tying my best to make shimmering frenzy work:

Go into a blood frenzy, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 660.
    While toggled on, the Health cost of this ability increased by 20% and Weapon and Spell Damage bonus increases by 10% every second. You also cannot be healed by anyone other than yourself.
    The Weapon and Spell Damage bonus also increase the longer it remains toggled on.

i mean it sounds like some sexy extra damage, particularly for rally, shadowy disguise than using lethal arrow, executioner or when in scion form - can't tell you how many times i've died inside of a delve/dungeon trying to get my timing down right...

haven't been able to work it in much while in cyro...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 21, 2021 3:58PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for my fellow AP leeches out there:

bunches of broken stuff...well mainly just lag, desyncs, disconnects and STUCK IN COMBAT - but, i noticed now that as soon as a keep becomes unflagged all the walls and doors pretty much immediately go to 100%...

pretty sure it used to not be like this since that's pretty much how i make a good portion of my AP (i like to defend, but, don't always make it to the keep or outpost before the fighting is done)...

used to be able to show up a little late to a fight and do a quick wall/door repair and get on the defensive tick list - not anymore :(

now if i show up late - i gotta ride around the keep/outpost and hope against hope that some enemy is still lurking that i can quickly engage in combat to get on that d-tic list...oh well...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 9, 2021 1:16AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, since this thread has pretty much turned in to a love me some me fest (pretty sure out of the 80k or so views and 5k posts i have like 90% of those numbers myself) - just became the 19th forum warrior to hit the 5k awesomes mark...

to which, i thank all those gif geniuses out there on the web - i learned the whole gif game from a poster whom i rarely see these days - rohamed ali...

when i first started i was in awe of how they were able to communicate with others through the use of memes and gifs...

as a bit of a tribute - to me :p , i'll leave this little gem:
    tumblr_m1zqa0IBrl1qkyo4ro2_500.gif

no, not really, but i am usually on drugs...literally, i'm old and i got pillbox full of 'em...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 9, 2021 1:25AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy folks...finished getting all 7 toons to tier 3 on the EU server, the double AP pelinal scroll made that pretty easy, halfway through the 10 NA toons, did 4 of them yesterday...

right now DC is on top in EU (surprise surprise) and AD is on top in NA, seems everybody wants to be yellow these days in NA grey host...at one point we got ourselves gated...seems the yellow emp is a magblade - hit me with like a 21k soul tether at one point...good news is though - the emp is a magblade, was able to get the kill emperor achievement on 2 different toons yesterday...

played: mag warden, stam sorc, stam dk then mag sorc...

had a blast on my mag warden, they're wearing necropotence, juggernaut and earthgore...so many times it looked like i was gonna die, but between the earthgore, juggernaut, health draught and healing thicket - really hard to kill...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in an amazing change of events (not really) some upcoming changes to pvp...

some of the more interesting things on the horizon - 3 new zerg busting rewards for the worthy sets:

Dark Convergence – Light
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    5 – Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 30% snare and pulls enemies every 2 seconds after a 0.5 second delay, and stun them for 1 seconds. After 4 seconds, the area deals Magic Damage to all enemies in the area, and additional Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing the damage by 10% for each target. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

Plaguebreak – Medium
    2 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    5 – Dealing direct damage to an enemy turns them into a Plague Carrier for 10 seconds, dealing Disease Damage over the duration. If the plague is removed early, it explodes, infecting enemies within 8 meters of the carrier dealing Disease Damage. The explosion deals an additional 10% per enemy hit. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds and scales off of the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

Hrothgar’s Chill - Heavy
    2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 – Adds 1487 Armor
    4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some changes to the guards:
    Guards
    Fixed an issue where the Unstable Core ability could refresh itself even if you were immune to Crowd Control, and made the immunity granted from breaking it more reliable.

The Telekinetic Prison ability is no longer a 6 or 4 second Disorient (depending on their cast time) and is instead an outright 4 second Stun, making it less prone to issues when paired with other Crowd Control abilities.

The Extended Chains ability now operates more closely to players’ versions and will no longer apply two sources of Crowd Control Immunity, previously creating situations where you could more likely become stuck in a Crowd Control.

Fixed an issue where the damage from Extended Chains was mitigated by Physical Resistance instead of Spell Resistance.

Fixed an issue where Crystal Shard casted by Guards was granting two forms of CC immunity.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like we'll be getting more double AP events:
    Midyear Mayhem

In preparation for a renaming of this event for next year, you will note that a number of help references, achievement names/descriptions, collectible names/descriptions, and items/item descriptions have been updated accordingly. The new event name will be Whitestrake’s Mayhem, retaining its connection to Pelinal Whitestrake but reworked in context so that it can run multiple times per year.

The functionality of these collectibles/items is unchanged, as will the general structure of the event. All that is changing at this point in time is the name of the event and its references, and any additional updates will be telegraphed when next the event comes to Tamriel.
    Edited by geonsocal on July 18, 2021 11:45PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too funny, NA grey host is a lot more fun with DC getting our butts kicked...zone chat always feisty, so, not much worse when getting clobbered...

played my magblade there today, made like 180k AP in an hour with the pelinal scroll and low pop bonus...resources were about 7k AP each...
    200.gif

Edit: oh yeah, and i still can't time the dang proxy det after six years of trying...
    tenor.gif?itemid=17200361
    Edited by geonsocal on July 19, 2021 7:58PM
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question. Why is dc so completely averse to Ash on NA? It's your home keep guys!!!
    Did something traumatic happen there and now every single blue is like, "naw, we don't need that home keep thanks.
    Onto Chal we go boys!" 😂😂
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a). it's a really long ride from both glade and ales
    b). very easy for AD to defend from nikel
    c). it's a really long ride from both glade and ales
    Edited by geonsocal on July 20, 2021 5:58AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    generally, DC isn't as strategically map focused as EP (both servers), we have our moments where some campaigns everyone wants to be blue, or there's some decent pvp guild support for that particular campaign and the whole map stays blue...

mostly though, what DC is really good at is farming AP - a lot less group play than the other two alliances...solo players generally chase fights, take resources and enjoy defending...

i've mentioned it some times before, but, it's so cool to play EU DC because so many people there understand how to play the map based on pop bar strength, zone chat stays on fights...it's cool to see a bunch of green bars move and fight so well together :)

it's funny, it's been a couple of years now since i've fought in cyrodiil as either AD or EP - i've lost a lot of their perspective on how the fight flows from their view of the map...
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    a). it's a really long ride from both glade and ales
    b). very easy for AD to defend from nikel
    c). it's a really long ride from both glade and ales

Lmao!!! Whenever reds are lamenting dc all over chal before ash, I tell them it's just because they're too lazy to ride that far.
    Confirmed 😂😂😂
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha too funny, yep, you nailed it exactly right :)
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's some kind of colour psychology at play, maybe we attribute different threat levels to different colours? How different would it be if, for example, AD was the red alliance?
    Ps4 EU