What is the lore behind the Quenching Grail?

NSatin
NSatin
✭✭
In the Pantherfang Chapel blurb, it highlights the chapel and fort was built by the Quenching Grail. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, but it's been years at this point, and I don't recall this order coming up in any of those games. A Google search doesn't show any meaningful hits on it in ESO either. Is there an established lore about the order?
Edited by NSatin on May 26, 2021 12:14AM

Best Answers

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:50PM
    Answer ✓
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    I think that given that we are in Cyrodiil and that the fort was founded by priest soldiers it would be logical that this Quenching Grail is the cup held by the god Stendarr in his representations (or a drinking horn in the versions Nordic). The soldier priests can also make think of the fact that in Morrowind Stendarr is designated like the boss of the Imperial Legion, but also of course of several warrior orders like the Resolutes of Stendarr at the time of ESO or the Vigils to those of Skyrim . The name Quenching Grail could therefore be due to the fact that he is the God of Mercy and to quench thirst for the thirsty is a merciful act I imagine.
    Answer ✓