The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Exchange Equals Bar Swap Failure?

BlackCatOnline-
BlackCatOnline-
✭✭✭
I've had issues trying to swap my bars for a while. I like to play on a stamina sorcerer and my magicka sorcerer friend recently started using Dark Conversation, to which he thinks is why he is suddenly having a problem swapping ability bars now too. Is this actually a thing? 🧐
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for any skill with a cast time you cannot bar swap until the animation has finished, and then wait a little longer. It’s very annoying. The solution is to never cast Conversion before a bar swap, always use an instant skill last before swapping.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 28, 2021 5:18AM
  • BlackCatOnline-
    BlackCatOnline-
    ✭✭✭
    Oh 😟
    Alright thank you. Usually I'll swap to back bar to reset my buffs and or use dark exchange then try going back to front for resuming attacks. Guess I need to retrain that habit a bit
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can light attack after Dark Deal and swap bars after, it takes a short moment longer but will allow you to swap bars more reliably.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • BlackCatOnline-
    BlackCatOnline-
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I tried casting something else after and it seems helpful. I'll pass that along to my friend, thanks 😊

In the meantime I wish D.Swing wasn't so clunky. I can't hit anyone half the time...