The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Basic DPS

Vostorn
Vostorn
✭✭✭✭
Looking at top DPS is fun but when trying to compete, most players, like me, do not have half of the gear or CP and thus it is hard to know the impact of the missing gear.
It would also be interesting to know the impact of CP and gear on DPS.

Could you please share your DPS on a target skeleton (3M HP) ?
1) With your current setup (CP+gear)
2) With your current gear but no CP
3) With basic gear (white CP160, no set, white runes), no CP
4) Same as 3) but with looted white pots/poisons
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) no one tests on the 3m dummy these days
    2) noones going to waste time doing this because there’s absolutely no reason
    3) see 1 and 2
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone run white gear? You can get almost close to meta gear for pve within like 2 hours after reaching cp160.

I don't really get how peoples dps is so freaking bad in Dungeons lately. Eso is only complicated on the surface just slot any of the meta sets practice your rotation for like an hour and you can easily hit 50k dps on trial dummy.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone run white gear? You can get almost close to meta gear for pve within like 2 hours after reaching cp160.

Was scratching my head also on that, on off server after reaching 160cp I just ran around wrothgar and got full briarheart in like half an hour, can be matched with any crafted set like hundings or run some easy trial like cr or so for vicious or relequen, even overland like red mountain and feel pretty good for couple hundreds cp ahead. Same with magicka, even easier as sorrow is meta and can be paired with literally anything to reach close to the top numbers.
  • DonHardstyle
    DonHardstyle
    ✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »
    Looking at top DPS is fun but when trying to compete, most players, like me, do not have half of the gear or CP and thus it is hard to know the impact of the missing gear.

No one parses for DPS on an 3m dummy, that is to test you're recourse management on.
    What's the point of parsing without cp ?
    Why white cp160 no set gear ?
    And same with the potions.

I get you're point, not everyone has the time to do cloudrest over and over, to get siroria, or the money to buy mother's sorrow. If you want this accurate(ish) say purple crafted gear. Everyone had access to that, everyone knows someone that is willing to make that for free/low costs.

Cp and gear have an big impact on you're DPS, obviously.

It's fairly easy to hit 50k on an trial dummy. With some practice. If you don't want to do effort at all, like i have an feeling on from you're post. 30k-40k is an fair number.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple overland / crafted sets is achievable by anyone. The only characters that use white gear are the ones straight out of the tutorial area.
    Edited by Jackey on June 1, 2021 8:25AM
    PS | EU
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »

Pretty demanding request, honestly. No one uses the 3M dummy either, not for anything. I will share something I put together with my magplar on the trial dummy a while back though (u28 I think?). I used Innate Axiom, Illambris, and Julianos. I also used spell power pots.

1. Gold gear, all CP, good parse (.86LA/s): 89K
    2. Green crafted gear, all CP, good parse (.85LA/s): 72K
    3. Green crafted gear, all CP, mediocre parse (.7LA/s): 62K
    4. Green crafted gear, all CP, no LAs: 46K
    5. Green crafted gear, 300 CP, mediocre parse (.7LA/s): 51K

Most of your damage comes from having the correct skills, rotation, and buffs, with solid LA weaving, but the gear definitely helps once you have those things. Players can still be easily viable for vet trials with decent overland gear upgraded to purple, if they are practicing and weaving correctly. If you take a look at LAs, they are a large source of damage (but less than 50%). Based on this, and I used pretty lousy sets, honestly, about 20% of the damage is coming from the gear. There are better crafted sets to use if you had to, and Briarheart/Mother's Sorrow are pretty easily attainable via farming or with gold at traders.

Because of the most recent CP nerfs and the new lower experience cost of CP, it does not take long to get to a good build where you are making a significant contribution in less difficult trials and dungeons. The original CP 2.0 nerfs also reduced the impact of CP to an overall build relative to the old scheme (my DPS ceiling went down by about 10%), but the gear impact is probably about the same on a percentage basis.

I originally did this because our less experienced guild members were complaining that they could not do good DPS without getting the very best gear, which they could not get access to without doing good DPS on the dummy in the first place, a catch-22. A lot of them could not hit 40K at the time. I set out to demonstrate that the root cause of their shortcomings is most often their weaving and understanding of their skills and rotation. It's not the gear. If you have golded out your gear and have the most optimal sets, but don't understand how to do DPS in the first place, the gear is not going to benefit you very much anyway.

So there's your answer, in a roundabout way.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The above post pretty much answered it from my perspective, but if you want to spend server downtime watching old parsing videos, here's and old Alcast video that makes much the same point, though I don't think this one covers the effect of CP. It compares different gear and rotations, but I also like that he shows M+KB cam during the parses.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3i61SI77Ka0
    PC NA
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are member of this forum since 5 years, almost exactly on this day.
    This implies to me that you are far away from a beginner and you have access to purple overlandgear at LEAST!

So instead of asking for such a timeconsuming testing in the forum why dont you just do it yourself?

-take a parse with current gear and CP setup
    -take a parse with current gear but in purple but with 600 cp
    -take a parse with current gear but in purple gear and 300 cp
    -take a parse with current gear but in green and 160 cp

do all the parses above once with looted overland potions/poison
    do all the parses above with the crafted poisons

there you go, now you got something to do with the new chapter release, have fun

edit typo / i want to make clear that this post is a little harsh, but seriously if its of any interest to you why not do it yourself?
    Edited by Xuhora on June 1, 2021 8:53AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not much help but on my Templar I forgot to change my CP from healing to DPS. I hit 42k dps. Made the switch and hit 55k dps. Looking at the log of both I had a cleaner run with the first go. Missed a lot of light attacks on the 2nd go.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • novemberhhh
    novemberhhh
    ✭✭✭
    some fun reading for those interested in things
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_tensor
    enjoy
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is simple:

In builds i know it is like:
    For no CP:
    Blue +0/Violet/Gold= + 1 k per complect
    (+1k weapon or +1k full gear(not 1 part)) (May be +500 jevelery.)

Base DPS - 20k
    +2 k - monster helmet
    +2 k - arena weapon
    + 3-4k - set 1
    + 3-4k - set 2

300CP : +- 10% to no CP

600-800CP : +- 20% to no CP

With max CP:+ 35% to bo CP

(Max CP = no CP + 35%, not + 10/20/35 and etc)

Edited by AyaDark on June 1, 2021 10:23AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP's request to see results with white gear was to help establish baseline results which could be compared with the other results. It seemed pretty obvious to me, so I'm not sure why it was a mystery to anyone else.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not know about white gear - do not test it.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did a quick test on the pts:
    - no CP
    - white CP150 no set gear
    - common stamina recovery potions
    - 3m dummy

Got 21k dps.

https://imgur.com/a/eJCueYJ
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on June 1, 2021 10:34AM