Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] GPU near 100% on login and character select screens

SirAndy
SirAndy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My GPU is near 100% on login and character select screens while it is only around 30% when i'm actually playing the game.

I'm playing with all settings on max and i'm getting solid 60fps in-game, so that's not an issue at all.
However, on static screens like the login, characters select and loading screens, my GPU usage is nearly maxed for no reason.
If i sit on one of those screens for a while, the GPU will heat up and all fans go to max to keep it cool.

This is actually an old bug that was fixed several years ago and now apparently has come back.
dry.gif

post-2-1621707203.png

Login Screen:
post-2-1621706824_thumb.jpg

Character Select Screen:
post-2-1621706831_thumb.jpg

In-Game:
post-2-1621706838_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 31, 2021 6:57PM
  • preamp
    preamp
    ✭✭
    I've noticed the same thing with my PC.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    If you changed the MinFrameTime setting in the UserSettings.txt due to the bug in U28, it is time to revert it.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    If you changed the MinFrameTime setting in the UserSettings.txt due to the bug in U28, it is time to revert it.
    @votan73

You Sir and/or Madam have won the interwebs today!
    smilie_pokal.gif

Renamed my UserSettings.txt so ESO could create a new one on startup and sure enough, the GPU spikes are gone.
    I had indeed changed MinFrameTime and completely forgotten about it.
    rolleyes.gif

Edited by SirAndy on May 28, 2021 8:43PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update on this graphical issue. With the resolution discovered, we will now close the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.