The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Video: Blessed Crucible veteran hard mode solo (stam DK)

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yeah, I know, I know. Everything that can be done has already been done. I was bored, OK? Some of you will say "so what", but I know some of you might like seeing this. Final boss is at 21:35.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfzFztCtjqE
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats mate. It's nice to see someone soloing with stamdk, possibly one of the hardest toon to solo. Also many players struggle to do vet dungeons in hm even in groups so this is excellent.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »
    Congrats mate. It's nice to see someone soloing with stamdk, possibly one of the hardest toon to solo. Also many players struggle to do vet dungeons in hm even in groups so this is excellent.
    See now, you are nice! Your comment makes me happy! :)

I like DK for this. I think the DK DOTs are very good when you have to multi-task, e.g. you either DOT up the boss while dealing with adds or, as in this case, I kill the flame atros in the final fight purely with DOTs, while dealing with the boss. It's a good way to progress a fight and not get stuck.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    What gear are you using? Stam DK was the first character I made and still my main, I really like seeing these type of videos with the class.
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done!!! BC was actually my first Vet Solo HM win too! I actually found BC easier than FG, slowly working my way through the normal DLCs now (Mag DK)
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArielSira wrote: »
    What gear are you using? Stam DK was the first character I made and still my main, I really like seeing these type of videos with the class.
    5x Vicious Ophidian
    2x Bloodspawn
    2x Briarheart
    Pale Order
    Master's Perfected 2H
    Maelstrom's Perfected Bow
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, well done! I've been thinking about it a bit and I'd say you showed off the things that make stam (and stamDK in particular) shine here. My magden had a lot of trouble with the fire beetles, I ended up kiting them and healing/shielding while slowly getting them down with the whole arena practically on fire by the end, but you could just brawler shield through it all B). And for the final boss, the DK dots make up for needing to close to melee on the atros as you can move on pretty swiftly to focus back on her. Well played.

Second, I was interested to see your build as I had something similar in mind for my stamblade, but running VH 2H instead of Master's and a partial Leviathan set instead of monster helm. I'll give monster sets more consideration after seeing your setup though, thanks.
    PC NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    First off, well done! I've been thinking about it a bit and I'd say you showed off the things that make stam (and stamDK in particular) shine here. My magden had a lot of trouble with the fire beetles, I ended up kiting them and healing/shielding while slowly getting them down with the whole arena practically on fire by the end, but you could just brawler shield through it all B). And for the final boss, the DK dots make up for needing to close to melee on the atros as you can move on pretty swiftly to focus back on her. Well played.

Second, I was interested to see your build as I had something similar in mind for my stamblade, but running VH 2H instead of Master's and a partial Leviathan set instead of monster helm. I'll give monster sets more consideration after seeing your setup though, thanks.
    Well, the full build is here, give or take. I'm always tweaking something or other. For that video I bumped up the health to 26K, but it probably wasn't necessary.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=306920

This isn't optimal. Some of my choices are hangovers from PvP, such as the use of the Impenetrable trait, Shuffle, Hardened Armor and Physical Resist / Health / Stamina potions. Not a bad choice for that last fight, though.

I wasn't going to say it, but this is an easy play build. Brawler + Pale Order is pretty OP, but it's neither meta in PvP nor PvE. When something is just comfortable, but doesn't generate high scores or is regarded as OP in PvP, then it flies under the radar. No one cares. The combination of Brawler with the Master's 2H can profoundly alter the dynamics of some fights. The moment something threatens to overwhelm you (vVateshran final fight), your damage and shield both go up. It's very forgiving. When that ring of shades closes in on you, your damage ramps up very significantly towards the end as you hit more shades and adds that, on any other build, would get in the way.

The worst things that can happen to you with this build is being CCd, running low on stamina or getting caught out while using other skills. In the Lava Queen fight, when she does her fire AOE, I either made sure I could spam Brawler in her face or I had to back off and avoid the AOE. If you get caught out next to her on the wrong bar, not spamming Brawler, you die.

Partial Leviathan would give you two lines of crit and one line of stamina. I would recommend going with 1x Slimecraw, 1x Grundwulf or Kragh's, and 2x other instead. If you have use for health and magicka, then 2x Trainee. The only 3/4-piece set I know that has some interesting buffs that might beat a 2x single-monster-helm combo is Ulfnor's Favor (health + both recoveries on the 3-piece). Slimecraw is an oddball that offers slightly more crit on a one-piece than other sets, so you'll always end up using that when you want crit.

I use Bloodspawn, because I wanted the stam recovery and because I'm a DK. This is probably the part of the build that I would most readily change, e.g. swap out for crit pieces. Master's Brawler has a peculiar effect on your ultimate use. You don't want to burn adds with (AOE) ultimates, because having them around increases your shield and your damage to the boss. You also get more health regen from that new CP star, when you withhold ultimates.
    Edited by fred4 on May 31, 2021 1:51PM
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Masters 2h is my fave weapon in the game.

Dagon's Dominion+Sword Singer+Masters 2h. B)

Dagon's Dominion
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Dungeon
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Adds 492 Weapon Damage to your area of effect abilities.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Masters 2h is my fave weapon in the game.

Dagon's Dominion+Sword Singer+Masters 2h. B)

Dagon's Dominion
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Dungeon
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) Adds 492 Weapon Damage to your area of effect abilities.
    Sounds good!

One thing I'll say, though, is that the Master's 2H gives a flat buff. The more targets you hit, the less your weapon damage matters. It is lacklustre single-target, though, so this would compensate. I went with the conventional wisdom, e.g. crit sets. I don't know what's better. VO seems hard to beat as an overall package for soloing.