The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Antiquity disappears after being dug up...

Ravensilver
Ravensilver
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just digging up the Antiquity "Ancestral Orc: Gloves" in the Alik'r Desert.

I uncovered the antiquity, found the three bonus items, finished out the time, the digging window closes and... no Motif in my bag. No motif, no bonus items, nothing. And the lead is gone, too.

That's really annoying, because this is the second time that has happened to me. >.< Please fix this... Thank you.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Consumable Item (Crafting Motif), not an equippable item (an actual pair of gloves). Are you looking in the correct section of your inventory? Look in the consumable-items section that contains potions and recipes: Crafting Motifs are the Equipment version of Recipes.

Also, make sure that when you're looking in alphabetical order, you're looking at items beginning with C for "Crafting" which is the first word in its title - not A for "Ancestral".
    Edited by jle30303 on May 28, 2021 1:21AM
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    It's a Consumable Item (Crafting Motif), not an equippable item (an actual pair of gloves). Are you looking in the correct section of your inventory? Look in the consumable-items section that contains potions and recipes: Crafting Motifs are the Equipment version of Recipes.

Also, make sure that when you're looking in alphabetical order, you're looking at items beginning with C for "Crafting" which is the first word in its title - not A for "Ancestral".

Thank you, but yes. I looked in my bag. I know what the items look like, having already finished the achievement for owning all pages of that style. The page is definitely not there.

It's happened to me before. I contacted ZOS via ingame ticket but they told me that they could not reconstruct the problem and thus couldn't return the item to me.

This is the second time this has happened. It happens when I've finished with the excavation. I am shown the excavated item together with the three boni, the window closes and... all is gone.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kid sister has an inventory bug where new items wont show up in inventory until she does a /reloadui, but I suspect thats not your issue.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Kid sister has an inventory bug where new items wont show up in inventory until she does a /reloadui, but I suspect thats not your issue.

I can certainly try that, but then they should show up after I log out and come back the next day... I think.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened again:

This time I was digging up the motif "Ancestral Nord: Belts" in Bal Foyen.

Again: everything is dug up, incl. 3 bonus items, I see everything in the window where it tells me that the activity is complete, the window closes and... there's nothing in my inventory.

Interesting enough each time it has been a green item that is lost. The Belts and the Gloves are both green motif pages.