The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the ESO "Endgame"?

Brundhila
Brundhila
✭✭
Hello, I am a recent returnee to ESO and have been enjoying all aspects of the game. But I have to ask, is there an ENDGAME in ESO? I have only ever done some questing, crafting and run a few normal dungeons. Is there some big raids at the end that tie up the storylines or the Caldwell quest lines (Silver and Gold). Thanks!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing is the true endgame.

But really there are raids (in eso they are called trials), they tie into the stories told in the zone, but they do not “tie up” any loose ends like it does in WoW, for example.

Each chapter seems to include at least one new trial. Also each trial has a variety of difficulty options.
    Edited by BlueRaven on May 30, 2021 3:04PM
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endgame is when you’ve got 46k or so achievement points :)
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose it's anything you want it to be. But I suspect for most it's housing. Given the minuscule percentage of players who can actually complete vet content, it's certainly not anything combat related.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing and fashion
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    Did a blind auction on items that ended up being housing items. What the hell are you people thinking charging that much, got a chair, a bench and some furniture bread for like 50k... resold a chair for 20k already...

What a boring endgame, housing.

I've always thought of the endgame as PVP and Trials.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely housing.
    4dociqX.png
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you want to do or get out of playing. Some its housing (very very expensive) for some its fashion & alts, for others its prog trials & some take a rp approach. With eso new content is always coming out so there is pretty much always going to be something new you could do so just find what you enjoy & keeps you playing
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devs intended pvp to be endgame content, later it shifted to also include trials and stuff but nowadays it's all floating your boat be it housing or trading, doesn't really matter.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think end game is how you want to define it for you - and that is a really neat thing about ESO. I've tried a bit of everything, confirmed that I'm really a soloist, then settled in to the activities I most enjoy: Questing, exploring, soloing most Alliance zone WBs, soloing a fair number of normal Alliance zone group dungeons. Though I don't mind crafting and housing at all, I approach them mostly from a pragmatic perspective to ensure a full pantry, nice place to live and effective equipment.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Brundhila
    Brundhila
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. I think my endgame will be the ability to do VET content and own a fabulous home.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP for me since I'm pretty competitive. I've completed what I wanted to accomplish for PvE. I like housing and fashion but there is no challenge.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fashion and riding fashionable horses!

Oh, and vet content, I guess. :p
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brundhila wrote: »
    Hello, I am a recent returnee to ESO and have been enjoying all aspects of the game. But I have to ask, is there an ENDGAME in ESO? I have only ever done some questing, crafting and run a few normal dungeons. Is there some big raids at the end that tie up the storylines or the Caldwell quest lines (Silver and Gold). Thanks!

To answer your question, no but also yes. See unlike most MMOs ESO does not have an endgame, it has many. Where other MMOs pretty much is set up for doing one (maybe two) specific activities at the end of your progression, ESO lets you kinda define your own. That's why you'll get answers being anything from vet trials over fashion to housing. In ESO endgame is what you make it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. I think my endgame will be the ability to do VET content and own a fabulous home.

Or 30+ homes... 😆
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP/Furnishing/Appearance,achievement hunting and trials.
    All of the activities are really fun but the first one is kinda getting neglected now
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    fashion...its always fashion
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, endgame is soloing group content ...
    post-2-1445282250.gif

• Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not trial's. My voice for: housing, pvp and DLC-dungeons achievements
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP, and fashion for me personally. PVE too, but only to supplement my PVP with the gear I need. Oh, and whining on the forums about PVP related stuff is end game too (if I want to be painfully self-aware).

I would say housing is definitely endgame stuff as well, but just not for me personally. I've already made a home I'm really proud of and have no interest in dumping more gold to make another at this point.

Besides that I enjoy going through the new story content as they release it. The game is truly what you make of it, and I've taken 4 - 6 month breaks almost every year since I started playing in 2015 so things stay fresh for me and I don't get burnt out.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s whatever you want it to be.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Definitely housing.
    4dociqX.png

What add on is that?
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s whatever you want it to be.

The true answer
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukk3r wrote: »
    Definitely housing.
    4dociqX.png

What add on is that?

Wealth Evaluator (gets you an estimate price of all your stuff based on your MM data) and EHT
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standing on lamp post in craglorn playing esraj looking at the 5 other players that are hoping enough people will show up to start whatever trial.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Ergele
    Ergele
    ✭✭✭
    trials and dlc dungeons
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game is whatever you want it to be

PVP
    Trials
    Vet dungeons
    Housing
    Achievement hunting

Whatever interests you
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭

Home decorating, literally.
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    There really isn't a endgame...ESO isn't something you finish or win, it just meanders along from one piece of content to the next.

PVP was originally supposed to be the endgame, but trying to force elder scrolls players into PVP is sort of like asking Gordon Ramsay not to scream at people during a episode (not going to happen) but...Raiding, Crafting, skills didn't become a endgame pillar either. Playing ESO is basically a MMO version of the tabletop D&D game. It's stops when you stop playing.
  • 5_RAGEsMW
    5_RAGEsMW
    ✭✭✭
    The real end game is when nothing interests you anymore, zergs dont chase you, doing circles around the mournhold wayshrine, fishing.
    pvp sucks.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet Trials