Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone NOT think that Dragonscale crown crates are the worst ever released?

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
Just curious if anyone likes anything in them (other than the radiant mounts). I'm looking through the crates and I can't see one thing that I would want (except maybe the white wolf with red stripes, but I already have it). The rest just seems so bad to me, just curious how other people felt about them.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, these are one of the crate seasons I missed while away from ESO and I was surprised to see how little in them I cared about.

Granted, most things I like I buy the first time around; so a lot of things that "come back" in Crown Crates are things I've already had for forever and a half. But I didn't find any new stuff I cared about at all. :/
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solar Horse, Frost Senche, and Sweetroll Grizzly are the only mounts I like. The Apex and Legendary rewards are lackluster.

Ayleid crates are much better imo.
    PC NA
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one obnoxious character that rides the bright yellow/gold horse, but that's about it. Still, I'd argue that the Xanmeer crates were exponentially worse; I can't remember the last time I saw one of those mounts, skins, or pets on a rando in the wild.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a couple of crates for fun with the crowns accumulated, even if I didn't find the items exceptional. The only thing that struck me was that I have never received from crates so little, no mount, no pet, just a few rather ugly body paints.
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    I have one obnoxious character that rides the bright yellow/gold horse, but that's about it. Still, I'd argue that the Xanmeer crates were exponentially worse; I can't remember the last time I saw one of those mounts, skins, or pets on a rando in the wild.

While I agree, I didn't like those either and the mounts were pretty bad... At least they were unique and stand out. Also, I think there are at least things in those crates that are worthwhile, with the skins and hats and such. Whereas everything in the dragonscale crates is just generic crap that looks no different than the stuff that you get from normal motifs.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple nice adornments.
    PC NA
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, IMO those vampire lord ones that released with Greymoor. The apex mounts don’t even have fancy effects when you Mount or roar. This is to date the only crate season where the apex mounts feel cheaper than any other season. Plus they’re all ugly.

The dragonbone ones are kind of cool. The apex mounts are neat, and some of the extra stuff like dwarven weapons and even the body markings look decent.
    Edited by HappyTheCamper on May 30, 2021 8:22PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk, I find the apex horse and guar quite charming, and I had been waiting for an opportunity to get the solar horse and zappy boy (wolf) so I'm quite chuffed. Also got the bronze eyeshadow, which is actually quite nice. All that being saaaaaid. . .it'd be nice to see a higher variety of mounts that mostly just have fancy tack in the store, not the crates. I could easily see some of those apexes offered up as regular mounts and perhaps people's feelings about them would differ.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • groober13
    groober13
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta admit that I saved a decent hoard of crowns and gems, but there's nothing in the Dragonscale Crown Crates that I want.

Oh well, Im sure soon there will be something cool for me to splurge on😁😁
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollowjack have to be my least favorite. And I normally love Halloween stuff.

They're just basic mounts with Black fur and a forced gimmick effect.
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    How dare you! It has a Chub Loon pet in there! God tier! :p

Honestly, I quite like Dragonscale. I think the legendary tier mounts are nice, and I like almost all of the pets offered. I don't use tattoos and markings much so I never care about that stuff, but the bronze eyeshadow does look really good on some of my characters.

As for the themed mounts, I think the armor on these is pretty well done and looks nice. The bear however does seem like it would topple forward with all the weight of that armor on the head and neck lol. I don't mind the more normal looking apex mounts in general. I am not a fan of the glow effect these have when you rear up/roar, but it's easy enough to just not do that if you don't want to see it :D The radiants are nice, but I wish the horse and wolf had special footprints. I got the senche and it does have icy blue footprints, but the others do not have anything unique for some reason.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the barded mounts are nice.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I think that Xanamer crates were better (by a lot).

I mean the "lizard mounts" were at least something different. No other crates have something like this. Everything seems to be flashy & generic when compared. Besides, Xanamer crates have 2 unique skins with scales.

I guess it is just a matter of taste, but Xanamer mounts definitely stand out when compared to mounts from other crates.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 31, 2021 2:56PM
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean the "lizard mounts" were at least something different. No other crates have something like this. Everything seems to be flashy & generic when compared. Besides, Xanamer crates have 2 unique skins with scales.

I guess it is just a matter of taste, but Xanamer mounts definitely stand out when compared to mounts from other crates.

As someone who didn't even like the lizardy mounts, I gotta agree. If nothing else those Xanmeer critters deserve points for creativity and breaking the mold, at least a little bit. I remember them clearly and would recognize them anywhere instantly, even years later -- which is something I can't say for 80+% of all other mounts and pets.

At this point, I think I'd be a lot more inclined to spend on individual armor/saddle/etc styles that can be applied to my various mounts as desired. I might have bought the Dragonscale mount armor, but I don't like the boringly-all-black mounts that's it's permanently affixed to. I can't imagine I'm alone in passing up mounts because the armor / animal combo just doesn't work for me, right? Often I want the animal coloration/model/whatev on offer, but hate the gear that can't be removed or ignored -- or the reverse. Sometimes I like both things, but not together! Maybe I'm just too finicky. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never thought I'd see the day where I openly asked for Oblivion-style horse armor "micro"transactions again, lol!
    But I'm asking: ZOS, please sell me mounts & mount armors separately so that I can apply them at my own discretion! I'll buy them, I promise you! (And I'm currently buying almost no mounts or crate items due to the reasons listed above)
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I'm not saying the style wasn't unique - just that nobody seems to use the items, and that the overall crate season is probably near the bottom in terms of popularity. Compare it to the Frost Atro Crates, which were exceedingly popular. I still see about three or four different Dark Opaline Steeds or Dark Aeon Wolves every time I play, which is bonkers considering you couldn't exchange gems for Radiant mounts yet. I imagine they brought in truckloads of cash.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are tbh, and i'm really unsure why zos brought them back, i do not remember ever seeing a single soul ask for their return.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are tbh, and i'm really unsure why zos brought them back, i do not remember ever seeing a single soul ask for their return.

I asked for them a few months ago. I conceded that I knew they weren't wildly popular in my request. I got what I wanted and I'm satisfied now. 👍
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't lie. I got a mere four with ESO+ Crowns and landed the Dragonscale Barded horse.

That mount is by far my favourite in the whole game.

That aside... Yeah, I liked a lot of the 16 gem items. Those jester emotes have been very fun for me.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pride Memento? Glowy Meridian tattoos? Bronze eyeshadow? Dope Namira statue?

I'm not into the mounts because they're too rare, but I was excited for all this little stuff to return. Still deciding how many twitch crate gems to spend : p
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • 2legit2quit
    2legit2quit
    ✭✭
    Pride Memento? Glowy Meridian tattoos? Bronze eyeshadow? Dope Namira statue?

I'm not into the mounts because they're too rare, but I was excited for all this little stuff to return. Still deciding how many twitch crate gems to spend : p

I love the new glowy Meridian tattoos and some of the other items, and I got the solar horse which i really wanted and some of the other mounts are nice too. The wolf with the warpaint and the striped senche mount. I don't get the hate for these crates. To each his own ya know
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are far worse crates then dragonscale ones.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the dragonscale one, I like ALL the non apex mounts and a lot of the other stuff. I also have the normal apex guar and he's cool~

I wish the body wasn't just black, but eh, it's not a huge deal.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vampire loved the Arctic rine skin's return