The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When I renewed my ESO+ subscription I have been charged for 1 dollar, why?

MikeSkyrim333
MikeSkyrim333
✭✭✭✭
When I renewed my ESO+ subscription I have been charged for 1 dollar, why? For what?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A $1 charge is often done to verify that the bank/card account is valid.

Normally, that is refunded when the actual charge is applied.
    shades.gif

• MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    A $1 charge is often done to verify that the bank/card account is valid.

Normally, that is refunded when the actual charge is applied.
    shades.gif

It was not refunded and ZOS thought that it is not important because they still haven't answered
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my subscription and am not going to renew it until this problem is solved, for what they just charge money
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @MikeSkyrim333

As mentioned in this article, our system will perform an authorization check that will appear as a charge of up to one dollar in the player's local currency to ensure that the payment method is valid when a player sets up a new ESO Plus membership or changes their payment method for a membership.

Usually this authorization hold lasts a short period of time before being removed. The duration of this hold can vary from bank to bank.

If you have a support ticket that you would like us to look into, please provide the ticket number and we would be happy to check on its status for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings @MikeSkyrim333

As mentioned in this article, our system will perform an authorization check that will appear as a charge of up to one dollar in the player's local currency to ensure that the payment method is valid when a player sets up a new ESO Plus membership or changes their payment method for a membership.

Usually this authorization hold lasts a short period of time before being removed. The duration of this hold can vary from bank to bank.

If you have a support ticket that you would like us to look into, please provide the ticket number and we would be happy to check on its status for you.

The purchase was not canceled, I was charged a dollar and not returned. It's not about the amount, but about the attitude towards the player

Ticket number 210525-004079
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question... is the charge still "pending"?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @MikeSkyrim333

We can confirm that your latest reply has been received and a support agent will reach out to you as soon as they can.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Not really sure what that means, but 1$ was charged and not returned (16 hours have passed)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really sure what that means, but 1$ was charged and not returned (16 hours have passed)

A pending charge is a "hold", or an approved transaction that is yet to appear on your account balance. This is commonly used by companies that want to test your card or make sure your credit is enough to buy something. These can hang around for days without doing anything more than reducing your available credit.

I ask because if ZOS put a $1 hold on your credit card, they will never "refund" it. Instead, ZOS can release the hold and the charge will simply vanish as if it never happened. If ZOS does not do this, it will hang around for a couple days, and then the credit card company will cancel it and it will vanish as if it never happened.

Based on what ZOS_Adrikoth said ("The duration of this hold can vary from bank to bank."), they are placing a hold on the account and just letting it time out until the credit card company removes it.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

16 hours is not enough time for that to disappear. You'll have to give it at least 24 hours, sometimes more (especially if there is a weekend involved).
    smile.gif

• gronkdamage
    gronkdamage
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    16 hours is not enough time for that to disappear. You'll have to give it at least 24 hours, sometimes more (especially if there is a weekend involved).

Depends on the bank - I've had a walmart soft debit go 3 or 4 days.

What the OP doesn't seem to understand is the difference between a soft debit and a hard debit (that's what they're called) - soft debits look like the money has come out, when in reality it hasn't.