Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

game runs like crap now.

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
I just updated my PC after 10 years. The game now runs like crap. I should be able to run the game on the same settings as my old one. Now all I get is lag.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hello there @Castagere

The troubleshooting in this article might be able to help if you are experiencing performance issues on PC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »
    I just updated my PC after 10 years. The game now runs like crap. I should be able to run the game on the same settings as my old one. Now all I get is lag.

all of us are getting the same problem, the game is broken.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so this is strange. It turns out that the zone southern elsweyer was the problem as it was the first time I been there. The other zones I been to run fine. How is that happening?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Castagere

Could you provide more detail on the issues you are now encountering?

Are you experiencing FPS lag or connection lag?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS Lag I guess you would call it. But the other zones like I said run smoothly with the high settings In SE it crawls so I have to turn graphic settings down.
  • Baranovich
    Just curious. I had a temperature issue with the game, it was running in the 80s C. It was because I had the ESO game resolution set at 4k UHD 3840 x 2160, but my monitor is an older one that only supports HD 1920 x 1080.

When I reset the ESO game resolution to 1920 x 1080 to match the monitor, it not only fixed the temperature issue, which dropped about twenty degrees but it also smoothed out screen tearing and made everything just run smoother.

I've been wondering how many gamers out there who have the newest graphics cards and processors might be using older LCD monitors and not realizing the conflict.

Even if your graphics card can is capable of Ultra 4K and the game itself is capable of being rendered in Ultra 4K, you may have performance and temp. problems if your monitor cannot support it.

Just one possibility.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is running far, far, far hotter now for some reason. It's not just Elsweyr and it's not due to resolution. I am using the same graphics settings as I did before.

I have a 2080 Super and an i9 for reference.

What is going on? What did y'all tweak to make our temps freak out?
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just upgraded my PC. But yeah the old CPU was running around 80 if I played a long session. And it was a 10-year-old pc. So far the new CPU is running after long play sessions around 36. But now here's the strange bit. I have a dual hard drive system The new hard drive which windows is on is 500 GB. The other drive is the old western digital standard drive. I had put eso on the SSD because of what I heard here from some people. This was the only change from the last time I played. So uninstalled it and put it back on the non-SSD and it run so much better now. Can someone explain that to me?
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the game installed on the SSD drive in like 10 minutes which is the fastest I have ever seen. When I installed it back on the old drive it took the usual 30 or 40 minutes to install. So maybe it was corrupted on the SSD I did run the repair tool and no change on the SSD.