The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Yes, need an answer on the trader switch!

Jofish
Jofish
✭✭✭
Many of us set aside the time of the switch, so if we lose our bids we can look for a hire-able trader. It would be extremely thoughtful of ZOS to let us know the how and when we might want to be ready for it.
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has it changed from 3 pm ET?
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    There is maintenance going on thru it. We aren't sure whether the switch will happen at #pm any or if it won't happen til we're back online.
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    In the past whenever trader flip coincided with maintenance (which used to happen quite often in The Old Times) the flip would have already occurred once the server came back up and unclaimed traders were immediately hireable.

Hope this helps.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Rex... TY... :)
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to PS4 three weeks ago. Things happen. As such the truth is “You should have put in your bids earlier during the week”.

I get the whole waiting till the end of the week for maximum funds in the bank to bid but still, anything can happen. Wasn’t last year with the entire pandemic in real life just an example of that?

If you lose your trader for the week well that’s just bad luck. But then it’s still fair for every other guild that went ahead and placed a bid prior to maintenance which can occur at any time thanks to the TOS. You’re not owed anything.
  • Jofish
    Jofish
    ✭✭✭
    Track, We place our bids on Sunday. But if we lose our bids we'd like to have a fair chance of finding and hiring a hire-able one. That is all... I'm not that dumb.
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not exactly in what order they flip but i've noticed that the major city traders flip first and so on. somtimes its around 3:04 PM Eastern before all traders flip and usually around 3:06 PM non hired traders are available to hire for 10k. Sometimes its 3:10 PM or so before can hire them too. If can find a trader that just says "Guild Trader" with no guild name after 3:05 PM then just keep clicking on hire trader, backing out, going back in and clicking hire trader til it lets you do it.