The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Diamond’s Victory

Cellentel
Cellentel
✭✭✭✭
The week 1 patch notes said to expect “design tweaks” to this set. I haven’t seen it mentioned in the patch notes since then. Is it going to be a week 5 surprise or have the tweaks been forgotten about?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to know as well. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Tbh I don't hate the current design either, although probably too niche for most people.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that design totally weird though? If you have one melee ability and one ranged ability you can get 100% uptime on both effects and get 440 universal weapon/spell damage, since it doesn't state that you can only have one Supremacy buff up at a time. And there is no limit to how far you need to be away from your enemy, so a ranged spell used at melee range will give you melee supremacy and this should be true for gapclosers too, so just one use of a gapcloser and you buffed your melee damage by more than NMA without any drawback while also getting in your preferred distance from your target to make use of your melee supremacy buff.

The intended effect is to buff the other type every time you deal damage with a spell, yes? Then I feel it would make more sense to increase the duration from 5 seconds to at least 10 seconds but introduce a minimum distance you need to have from your enemy to get the melee supremacy from a ranged attack, so you can't just use Crit Rush or something from melee range to get the buff.

Oh and range supremacy boosts your damage over time effects? So your melee damage over time effects such as Burning Embers? So the melee skill Burning Embers can boost itself? I'm sorry, but this design does not really feel fleshed out yet.

I think I would like the set more if it gave you 500 spell/weapon damage and randomly either melee supremacy or ranged supremacy upon entering combat and then alternating between the two so that you have to dynamically adjust your playstyle to the buff you are getting, which I think justifies the reward of greater-than-NMA power if you can pull it off.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on May 11, 2021 11:47AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Isn't that design totally weird though? If you have one melee ability and one ranged ability you can get 100% uptime on both effects and get 440 universal weapon/spell damage, since it doesn't state that you can only have one Supremacy buff up at a time. And there is no limit to how far you need to be away from your enemy, so a ranged spell used at melee range will give you melee supremacy and this should be true for gapclosers too, so just one use of a gapcloser and you buffed your melee damage by more than NMA without any drawback while also getting in your preferred distance from your target to make use of your melee supremacy buff.

The intended effect is to buff the other type every time you deal damage with a spell, yes? Then I feel it would make more sense to increase the duration from 5 seconds to at least 10 seconds but introduce a minimum distance you need to have from your enemy to get the melee supremacy from a ranged attack, so you can't just use Crit Rush or something from melee range to get the buff.

Oh and range supremacy boosts your damage over time effects? So your melee damage over time effects such as Burning Embers? So the melee skill Burning Embers can boost itself? I'm sorry, but this design does not really feel fleshed out yet.

I think I would like the set more if it gave you 500 spell/weapon damage and randomly either melee supremacy or ranged supremacy upon entering combat and then alternating between the two so that you have to dynamically adjust your playstyle to the buff you are getting, which I think justifies the reward of greater-than-NMA power if you can pull it off.

Don't forget that it doesn't buff healing only damage. Kind of important in pvp.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Don't forget that it doesn't buff healing only damage. Kind of important in pvp.

I guess, but it's still a very weird set.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a weird set. I wonder how it interacts with a weird skill like Stone Giant. Does the first hit PBAOE count as a melee hit, since its radius is less than 7 meters?

I'd test it out, but I don't know if it's worthwhile if they end up doing the promised design tweaks in the next patch.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're on the last PTS patch, any word on this set?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will either be a stealth-change once the patch hits or it's another magCro Blastbones situation where ZOS knows that the set is broken but doesn't lift a finger again to change it.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel ZoS forgot this set existed already and that's worrisome.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an interesting set. I see it almost as a “Stay within melee distance and receive 437 Weapon/Spell Damage” 5pc set. That in itself wouldn’t be bad, a condition similar to Spell Strat, just a range cap instead of target cap, and a little less than Spell Strat’s 460 Spell Damage.

Diamond isn’t just a range limit though, it also requires you to use both a melee and a ranged skill every 5s. Some builds do this effortlessly, but others may struggle with this condition. Not saying this is a problem, but it makes the set more niche than just having a distance requirement.

If used perfectly, it’s nice to see a set that outperforms the classic Mother’s Sorrow (even if it’s only by 1%). It’s also nice to have a new option for a front bar set, it may compete with Burning Spellweave on fights where Siroria is difficult (although using a melee skill every 5s can also be a challenge in places like vAS).

I wonder what they’re planning with it. I wouldn’t mind seeing it become a little more difficult to use (positioning mini game), if it also gave slightly more reward for perfect execution.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on May 18, 2021 12:11AM
  • Vaneur
    Vaneur
    ✭✭✭
    I think this set is also bugged since as far I've tested some selftarget skills like shuffle, vigor and those which provide major resolve activate both buffs at same time