The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Launcher hangs and does not quit

olancho
olancho
✭✭
When quitting the game and then attempting to quit the launcher, the launcher is almost always still running after hitting the X to close it. About 9 times out of 10, I have to pull up the Windows Task Manager to force quit the launcher.

This used to be a seldom occurrence, but now it is happening almost every time I run the game.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 9, 2021 11:15PM
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @olancho

If the launcher remains stuck when quitting, there could be a permissions issue. Try setting the launcher to run as an administrator. They should also make sure the launcher is added as an exception in their anti-virus. Steps for doing so can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • olancho
    olancho
    ✭✭
    Thanks, but that is not it.

I have administrator rights (I am the only admin too) on my PC for all apps, software, permissions, hardware, etc.

All apps in the link you sent are set up as exceptions in my Antivirus control panel as well.
    Edited by olancho on May 17, 2021 5:51PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @olancho

Thanks for the update. At this point we recommend starting a support ticket here for support to look into this.
    Staff Post
  • olancho
    olancho
    ✭✭
    The issue is the same exact problem Hydra9268 describes here and opening a support ticket isn't going to rectify the launcher issue for Steam users.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7261023#Comment_7261023

Setting the launcher to admin mode simply doesn't work for Steam users.
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a PC (no STEAM) and I have the same problem, which is annoying in the long run to have to go through the Ctrl-Alt-Sup to close the launcher
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    TESO's amazing answer to my launcher problem that I'm not the only one to have...

All my other programs close properly except the Launcher.

Hello,

We are sorry but we do not have any additional solution.

Sincerely,
    Francis
  • Barbara73
    Barbara73
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @olancho

Thanks for the update. At this point we recommend starting a support ticket here for support to look into this.

There is no appropriate topic to select to allow a report there.
    Not Every Player Is a Guy FFS
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara73 wrote: »
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @olancho

There is no appropriate topic to select to allow a report there.

Are you surprised? When you have a problem and have to open a ticket, it is sometimes difficult to find the right section... Is this done on purpose? Nooooooo...
    Edited by NicGroover on December 13, 2021 12:23PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this issue is a few months old and has already been replied to, we are now closing out the discussion. If you need assistance with a similiar issue, please feel free to start a new thread in the PC Support forum.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.