Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Summerset: "Illusions of Grandeur" bugged quest

Chief_Wiggums
Chief_Wiggums
✭✭
During this quest you are asked to "Find Pavo's story" but the book you need to read is bugged because it is inside the stone walling so you cannot click on it to progress the quest. I submitted a ticket and they told me to post it here if their suggestions didn't fix the issue. Thank you.
  • Kriskras99
    Kriskras99
    Soul Shriven
    I have the exact same issue, I also submitted a bug report (with screenshot attached).
  • xhaven
    xhaven
    ✭✭✭
    I also have the exact same issue guess zos never fixed it.
  • Tesman85
    Tesman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also ran into it. A shame, since I really like the quest so far.

EDIT: Managed to fix it! Quitting the game and logging back in, while the character was standing next to the books, made the right book appear.
    Edited by Tesman85 on May 12, 2021 3:00PM
  • xhaven
    xhaven
    ✭✭✭
    Tesman85 wrote: »

EDIT: Managed to fix it! Quitting the game and logging back in, while the character was standing next to the books, made the right book appear.

Realized I never came back here. Just wanted to say that this fix worked for me as well. In-case zos still hasn't fixed this in the future.
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, this quest is still bugged at "Follow Erudil" - logging out and logging back in fixes it.
    Tesman85 wrote: »

G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reporting that this quest is STILL bugged. I followed Erundil but then he just stood around doing nothing.
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged. I had to relog in order to get Erundil to do anything, but now that I'm actually collecting the books in the Academy Stacks, I can't put them on their shelves. The activation point just says "bookshelf" and doesn't do anything.

EDIT: I decided after typing that that I wasn't going to post it, as I've already sent a bug report in-game, but my stubbornness got the better of me while playing and I found a workaround:

Go into first person mode, and face to the right or left of the bookshelf, maybe a foot in front of the shelf, and you should find the activation point to place the book. I found that blacklisting "bookshelf" using an addon helped me to not accidentally read something.

The first book was a pain in the ass to replace, as the sweet spot is kind of small, but I finally managed to complete the quest.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother