The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Poll] Do you want CP Changes, again?

• remosito
    remosito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »
    remosito wrote: »
    like the new la/ha active skill

?? Those don’t improve the power curve, less your build relies more on LA/HA than any other weaving toon - or a toon that has no reliance on either AoE or DoT, to replace bitter or thaum for it.

ha build is the plan indeed.
    ShutYerTrap (selectively mute NPC dialogues (stuga, companions); displayleads (antiquity leads location); UndauntedPledgeQueuer (small daily undaunted dungeon queuer window)
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Still a couple weeks of PTS!

Keep the votes coming, and remember they are anonymous. No reason to post, just interested in the votes! :)
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not like the CP-system at all.

If we should still have it, make it none-combat only. Add diving, rock climbing, tree climbing and other stuff (grappling hook anyone?). Make it an exciting exploration progression. Reach areas in all zones depending if you have the CP-talents to do so and make those areas though.

But for the love of "something that you hold dear" a CP "hardcap" which is vertical is harmful. Even if you want it or not the community will require players to have it. Even now I see people bully low level CP's for content they are well past to do.

I've tried getting my cousin to play this game but I just gave up and don't even wanna try anymore.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today I needed to test some gear combination on PTS. I've created max-level template to have all gear unlocked, went into CP menu to quickly assign my basic stars... And it was the time when those 2% damage reduction and whole ~500 max magicka really made me feel discouraged. I instantly lost any wish to test the gear combination properly :/

CP 2.0 was already big nerf to power of my characters. I didn't feel the need to grind more CPs even during the double-XP events, cause there was no reason. I got loss of power, in addition to only 4 active CP stars.
    Nothing changes in upcoming patch - there will be only greater loss of power, and same 4 active stars :/
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    These changes in CP were a big cash grab for ZOS. I know players that spent a couple hundred irl dollars to get the 150% experience scrolls. Even streamers advocated using those. Plus extras like Mara.

The people that grinded with scrolls, etc are entitled to a refund.

Maybe the first nerf to cp 2.0 was okay. Not the second.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    These changes in CP were a big cash grab for ZOS. I know players that spent a couple hundred irl dollars to get the 150% experience scrolls. Even streamers advocated using those. Plus extras like Mara.

Yea.. the upcoming nerfs would completely negate the people who dropped cash and time into grinding to 1500-1800 during the 2 Xp events.

It’s really a slap in the face to so many.

Edited by MrZeDark on May 7, 2021 2:37AM
  • Varangian_af_Scaniae
    Marto wrote: »
    I agree with ZOS' assessment that the power of players is a bit too high moment, and a nerf is needed.

However, I feel like having small numbers like 320 critical rating (which only equates to a meager 1.5% crit chance) makes CP builds less defined and less interesting.

I'd rather they keep the values of CP stars as they are right now, and give a slight nerf to the base values of health/crit/penetration/etc. every player gets.

If they think players are to powerful, they should remove weaving. That playstyle is to me boring and I will therefore be doing less than 50% of the damage weavers do. I'm glad the days I do 40k on the trial dummy, weavers reach twice that and much more (depending on gear naturally).
    Doing small nerfs all over the CP tree will not nerf the great players but new players and the mid range players like me.
  • Varangian_af_Scaniae
    All these changes are so exhausting and demotivating... :(

I just started the PTS and saw the changes. Took all excitement for the new chapter out of me.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with ZOS' assessment that the power of players is a bit too high moment, and a nerf is needed.

However, I feel like having small numbers like 320 critical rating (which only equates to a meager 1.5% crit chance) makes CP builds less defined and less interesting.

I'd rather they keep the values of CP stars as they are right now, and give a slight nerf to the base values of health/crit/penetration/etc. every player gets.

If they think players are to powerful, they should remove weaving. That playstyle is to me boring and I will therefore be doing less than 50% of the damage weavers do. I'm glad the days I do 40k on the trial dummy, weavers reach twice that and much more (depending on gear naturally).
    Doing small nerfs all over the CP tree will not nerf the great players but new players and the mid range players like me.

I agree the toons are too powerful. I think they need to reel everyone in, even support - to make content more challenging.. or add a new difficulty to content that does that.

I come from EQ and Vanilla WoW life.. when MMOs were very hard, I miss that feeling. Maybe one day Dark Souls will release an MMO.. haha.

But seriously, they could be open with the community about wanting to reel in power to keep the game challenging, than to give us a new interesting power curve - to only then rip it away.
    Edited by MrZeDark on May 7, 2021 8:54PM
  • VesuviaBennet22
    VesuviaBennet22
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the green craft tree to be easier to get to things I want, instead of having to put points into things I don't want to get what I do. It just doesn't feel right. There should be separate paths at least for sneaky, for crafting, and for the other stuff. I'm not sure, but as it is I don't like it. I have one dedicated crafter and all others have to go through those crafting all in buffs just to get to the mounted speed one. :/
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First of all, players are not too powerful, as the vast majority of even basic veteran content is not being completed by the average playerbase, and many achievements are well out of reach and getting moreso with every nerf by the average joe. Overland content doesn't count as a comparison of player power. Second of all, you do not lose 50% damage by not light attack weaving... at worst, maybe 20% at the higher end of dps, depending on your class. It's been proven many times over that you can attain 70k or higher without any weaving at all, as dps is most dependent upon a good rotation and secondly good gear (rotation =/= weaving). On your third point, once again... When the "ceiling" is lowered, everything else gets lowered with it. That's always how it's been for years, and it's worse than ever now. The only ones that aren't hit as badly by these nerfs are the top 1% of players. By wishing for more nerfs to the cp system, one would be wishing nerfs on almost the entire playerbase, in which case content becomes even MORE unattainable.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • eelis_lancet
    eelis_lancet
    Soul Shriven
    No, I don't want these changes. And many other players don't want too, but ZoS is not interested in the opinion of the players!
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    When they came out with CP1.0, I was more than a bit disappointed with it, even though it was a massive improvement over vet 1.0 and 2.0. I felt that they should have gone with a system similar to Oblivion or Skyrim's advancements, 18 (Skyrim) skill trees vs 21 (Oblivion) vs 3 for ESO. As many have said they could have easily applied diminishing returns as you climb a Skyrim or Oblivion style tree.

Will looks again on Monday, but so far CP2.0 is looking to be more disappointing that CP1.0 was. :(
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been happy if they reduced # of points necessary for stars without reducing the stars value.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have over 1800CP so reaching the numbers was never a issue for me but now you are making me weaker??? Seriously??

Dangle the cake then 3 months later remove cake and rub salt in your eyes. Thanks for coming.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have over 1800CP so reaching the numbers was never a issue for me but now you are making me weaker??? Seriously??

Dangle the cake then 3 months later remove cake and rub salt in your eyes. Thanks for coming.

I feel ya. I'm so excited I spent time and gold getting xp boosters during the events. Then grinding in incredibly boring but high xp ways. Only to come out at the end of it hearing Zos be like..... April Fools!!!!!!
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep voting everyone!!!

Seeing lots of views! No requirement to post, but the more votes we get - the better the sample is.

As the Patch Notes suggest, CP's were Nerfed due to community - so lets plainly demonstrate with a solid sample population in the poll!

Doesn't matter which way you sway, votes are anonymous - and I really don't want any retaliatory commentary. I just want proof of the direction the community wants.

This poll must move to General Discussion . Many people don't look at PTS discussion.
  • grumpy_pants95

No they're not entitled to a refund. it was THEIR choice to buy the scrolls. Nobody forced them. We've known for quite a few years now that a new CP system is on the way and it was very much expected to happen either this year or next. Second nerf to the CP system can barely be felt to be frankly honest. Not sure why everyone's so heart broken over a few stats that barely do anything to your chars. If anything i might've lost 1k DPS which now that i "la/ha enchat" is coming back i'd probably get even more considering my build is a Heavy attack build. So much drama over something it's literally nothing to worry about.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭

No they're not entitled to a refund. it was THEIR choice to buy the scrolls. Nobody forced them. We've known for quite a few years now that a new CP system is on the way and it was very much expected to happen either this year or next. Second nerf to the CP system can barely be felt to be frankly honest. Not sure why everyone's so heart broken over a few stats that barely do anything to your chars. If anything i might've lost 1k DPS which now that i "la/ha enchat" is coming back i'd probably get even more considering my build is a Heavy attack build. So much drama over something it's literally nothing to worry about.

Barely make in impact is false, in end game content where fights last long periods of time. Those values add up quickly, or in this case - no longer add up. 8 dps missing 500 of a stat is ~400 dmg per sec missing, with over the course of a long fight is huge. You won’t really notice the impact in dungeons, and certainly not in the way too easy overland Content.. but it’ll be noticed.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    Keep voting everyone!!!

Seeing lots of views! No requirement to post, but the more votes we get - the better the sample is.

As the Patch Notes suggest, CP's were Nerfed due to community - so lets plainly demonstrate with a solid sample population in the poll!

Doesn't matter which way you sway, votes are anonymous - and I really don't want any retaliatory commentary. I just want proof of the direction the community wants.

This poll must move to General Discussion . Many people don't look at PTS discussion.

Not really. Feel free to link it there, but it’s about what the pts is doing, not what people on live who don’t test build think it may do or understand through hear say.

Thank you for the suggestion though.
    Edited by MrZeDark on May 16, 2021 12:07PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be honest it just adds a heap of complexity on top of an already more than sufficiently complex system to make for interesting theorycrafting. It adds very little other than being something you have to calculate the optimal setup for.

I like the QOL progression like mount speeds, repair costs etc.. but the rest should have just been removed and added to the base stats either by increasing strength of gear or the base strength of characters.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest it just adds a heap of complexity on top of an already more than sufficiently complex system to make for interesting theorycrafting. It adds very little other than being something you have to calculate the optimal setup for.

I like the QOL progression like mount speeds, repair costs etc.. but the rest should have just been removed and added to the base stats either by increasing strength of gear or the base strength of characters.

It’s def for them, a much bigger rework to nix the whole way cp’s work. So likely not to see that..

I enjoy a complex Alternate Advancement system - what I don’t enjoy is being given their great new idea, discuss how in the future they intend to expand on it - but nerf everything while not providing options to mitigate and losses.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP2.0 is very nice imo, there is lots of potential for it to improve the game and make lots of new builds/subclass playstyles exist.

With that said ZOS needs to add way more diversified slottable blue stars for us to reach the dps we do rn but with unique stuff instead of boring %buffs to our skills. In this way it feels the same as CP1.0

Give us ability-enhancing stars that raise our dps to the current numbers but in cool ways. Something like “Winter’s Revenge doubles in size, duration, and damage.” or “Ardent Flame abilities are converted to Frost, cost 30% less, and deal 10% more damage.”

No more boring %buffs to Crit Damage or single target damage, etc.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 16, 2021 12:43PM
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    CP2.0 is very nice imo, there is lots of potential for it to improve the game and make lots of new builds/subclass playstyles exist.

With that said ZOS needs to add way more diversified slottable blue stars for us to reach the dps we do rn but with unique stuff instead of boring %buffs to our skills. In this way it feels the same as CP1.0

Give us ability-enhancing stars that raise our dps to the current numbers but in cool ways. Something like “Winter’s Revenge doubles in size, duration, and damage.” or “Ardent Flame abilities are converted to Frost, cost 30% less, and deal 10% more damage.”

No more boring %buffs to Crit Damage or single target damage, etc.

I get where you’re going with this and I agree. Though they will never make set specific CPs. It could be cool to see, “2x aoe size of proc sets” or multiplicative dmg to proc sets. Maybe even conditional buffs, like if you crit 4 times in a row add 10% crit for 5 seconds with a 10 second cd… maybe +% fire dmg with -% frost dmg. Just something to make toons unique
    Edited by MrZeDark on May 16, 2021 1:28PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    Players are honestly still too powerful. They should have cut it down 75% down to the first tier only. CP shouldn't be too strong, player input should.

In what context? Overland, the newest most challenging content by an average player or one that is accustomed to high level competitive raiding?
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poll says it all -

Please give your feedback!

It was suggested based on community, that these downgrades should occur and I'm interested on how much of this community actually agrees.

This is to discuss CP - not Proc Meta, PVP, or anything else outside the specific's of CP. Though arguments may be provided on how CP impacts any other specific content.

Your poll options aren't very clearly worded and don't have an option for "other - see comments".

I like the new active slottables in Blackwood (are we calling it CP 2.1?) but I hate the changes to the passives. Just like with the damage mitigation one (Preparation) where the cost was halved but the effect at maximum was left the same, the same should have happened with the offensive ones.
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    The poll says it all -

Please give your feedback!

It was suggested based on community, that these downgrades should occur and I'm interested on how much of this community actually agrees.

This is to discuss CP - not Proc Meta, PVP, or anything else outside the specific's of CP. Though arguments may be provided on how CP impacts any other specific content.

Your poll options aren't very clearly worded and don't have an option for "other - see comments".

I like the new active slottables in Blackwood (are we calling it CP 2.1?) but I hate the changes to the passives. Just like with the damage mitigation one (Preparation) where the cost was halved but the effect at maximum was left the same, the same should have happened with the offensive ones.

Then I guess you would vote to not have the CP's nerfed - but you still want the robust system that is starting to bleed into PTS. It's pretty clear.
  • Philio
    Philio
    ✭✭✭
    Where are all these players who provided feedback that lead to them changing the system again, right after they just changed it...
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Philio wrote: »
    Where are all these players who provided feedback that lead to them changing the system again, right after they just changed it...

I saw lots of posts before this about power disparity and number of points it will take for someone just starting the game to be equivalent to someone who has lots of cp. Sadly, of all the possible solutions, ZOS chose to solve that by taking away from those who have lots of cp, instead of giving to the newer players.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is may be unpopular here - but I think vertical progression should end at around 1400-1500 on the outside. That is around a year of active playing from zero. Not grinding with xp scrolls 365 days straight in a rotation that gives carpal tunnel, but not just doing crafting writs either. It would be about a year of doing 3-4 hours most days playing somewhat efficiently if my loose arithmetic is right (which it may not be).

A year from 0 cp, and about six months from 810 to cap vertical, and half that if hard nosed about it - that seems about right and reasonable to me. Horizontal after that for convenience and prestige.

As for progression, I mean they capped at as at 810 forever, so having any output for points above the vert cap is new and fresh overall. It is far from perfect, but they seem to have no beta/testing team. They knew they would get an influx of people as they do every summer expansion. This has been the testing quarter, surely few are actually surprised they released cp tree this quarter and tuned it for the release of the expansion when the flood of new/returning people come.

What would be pleasant is if you could spent 2 red or blue points for one green or some mechanic for quality of life. It wouldn’t be much but it would be something.

Here is what is unreasonable - vertical progression that goes on indefinitely or takes years to cap from scratch. That is simply not workable. Hard pill to swallow for those that have been playing hard from the get or raced to 1800-2000 and have no path to a fresh feeling of vertical progression, but it is the truth.
    Esse quam videri.