The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are we supposed to use guild traders without 3rd party software?

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlienMagi wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, but most of you still suggested that i check popular hubs for each item's worth, which still wastes many hours of my time.

I think ZOS really needs to incorporate a system that lets players *see* all guild trader listings in one place. And people need to keep asking for it or else we will forever rely on 3rd party software.

This also puts many people off from wanting to play the game, including a friend of mine who quit the game mainly for this reason (and for not having a class change token).

And to the people who claim that this would cause lag, no it wouldnt. The game already processes all the listing in real time constantly, and giving you a full list in one place should not affect latency or performance. There is a reason why all other MMOs can do this without any issues.

Many hours? With a hub location, all of the traders are in a, at most, 100 foot circle. In Windhelm you can arrive by wayshrine, walk ten feet past the drunk Nords at the fountain, and visit all the traders in another 30 feet. How desperate are you for gold that a fast look at one hub and a guess at a price that might be a hundred less than the pie in the sky wishful hope price that someone uploaded to TTC would ruin your game?
  • AlienMagi
    AlienMagi
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, but most of you still suggested that i check popular hubs for each item's worth, which still wastes many hours of my time.

I think ZOS really needs to incorporate a system that lets players *see* all guild trader listings in one place. And people need to keep asking for it or else we will forever rely on 3rd party software.

This also puts many people off from wanting to play the game, including a friend of mine who quit the game mainly for this reason (and for not having a class change token).

And to the people who claim that this would cause lag, no it wouldnt. The game already processes all the listing in real time constantly, and giving you a full list in one place should not affect latency or performance. There is a reason why all other MMOs can do this without any issues.

Many hours? With a hub location, all of the traders are in a, at most, 100 foot circle. In Windhelm you can arrive by wayshrine, walk ten feet past the drunk Nords at the fountain, and visit all the traders in another 30 feet. How desperate are you for gold that a fast look at one hub and a guess at a price that might be a hundred less than the pie in the sky wishful hope price that someone uploaded to TTC would ruin your game?

*sigh* like it was said before, having 30 or more items to sell stretches the process and a single trading hub is far from being accurate representation of the prices across all of tamriel, especially when most people use TTC to already see where all the low prices are located.
    Edited by AlienMagi on May 14, 2021 1:53AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem on console is that that's all anyone does. The net result is that it really does take hours (mostly in loading screens) to find anything truly rare for sale, and trying to sell anything at a trader outside of a major hub is a waste of time.

This is particularly bad for potential sellers who don't want to become full time traders, because the trading guilds that will accept those people (i.e. without unreasonably high quotas or dues) don't have traders in major hubs.
  • AlienMagi
    AlienMagi
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    I personally couldn’t care about immersion, I just see no reason to ruin the economy and destroy hundreds of trading guilds just because a few select people can’t spend a few minutes of their time. No to mention trading is also end game for a lot of players.

Those same people would be the first ones to complain when the 100k staff they wanted is now 500k and mat prices double because it would be so easy to control the economy.

Can you please read the thread before posting? Youre taking everything out of context. The suggestion was a central hub where you can view all guild trader listings, not an auction house. We already have this with 3rd party software like TTC, and it doesnt "ruin the economy" in any way.

And like it was already established it doesnt take "a few minutes" to properly trade in this game without addons, it takes hours.

Great advice to follow and you will see that people are talking about auction houses as well so nothing has been taken out of context.

As far as your idea goes, could zos even make that work? As it is the system struggles just to search one guild at a time and would probably lead to more performance issues.

As far as time spent goes, saying the same thing over and over again doesn’t make it true. It does not take hours, I’ve been playing since release on console with no ttc before they had an in game search function and even then it never took hours.

The concern about "performance" (ill just assume youre talking about latency or frame rate) has already been adressed and its a non issue.

The issue why and how trading ends up wasting hours upon hours of players time has also been adressed several times in the thread. Thats why i suggested you read it before posting.

In regards to performance many times the search function takes a long time, locks up, or doesn’t display anything. I haven’t seen anything in this thread indicating you understand their code enough to fix that or let alone make it work on a larger scale which could potentially cause performance problems in other areas of the game.

As far as wasting hours, yes maybe over weeks or months, but when you make it sound like every time you trade takes hours is just wrong, maybe you should read the thread as well.

I literally made proper arguments for both of the issues that you are describing and youre simply not adressing them.

Im sorry but im not going to repeat myself when someone prefers skipping posts.

I guess we can agree to disagree because I’ve checked the thread several times over and you haven’t addressed them at all. Ultimately it’s not my mind you have to change its zos, but they are not going to take the request seriously when you keep saying things that aren’t true. I’ll bow out at this point, have a good night.

I mentioned how the server is already doing all the trader calculations in the background constantly, and having these in the foreground shouldnt have an impact on latency or frame rate. Just like how every single other mmo does it without an issue.

I also talked about how having a bulk of tems to sell already stretches several minutes of trading into hours because of constant price checking and teleporting around the map for each item.

I know i said i wouldnt repeat myself but i made an exception if you honestly couldnt find this. Hope you have a good night too.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used TTC. If I wanna sell something, I check the shops near the guild trader for pricings. Granted, I'm way too lazy to peddle every piece of junk I come across and I mainly just sell Tempers and sets that I actually farm for selling.
    Edited by Hexi on May 14, 2021 5:14AM
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Console players CAN use TTC as well on mobile or page... So they know all the prices... Im all for guild trader "list".
    Edited by PigofSteel on May 14, 2021 5:22AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The problem on console is that that's all anyone does. The net result is that it really does take hours (mostly in loading screens) to find anything truly rare for sale, and trying to sell anything at a trader outside of a major hub is a waste of time.

This is particularly bad for potential sellers who don't want to become full time traders, because the trading guilds that will accept those people (i.e. without unreasonably high quotas or dues) don't have traders in major hubs.

Not really. Just a few minutes is all it takes to check the capital cities, even on console.

For the stuff I sell, I am also trying to buy the ones I don’t get from farming. I take a few minutes every other day to check prices and I already know what the range of prices is for those items.

It’s a game where I invest a little time every now and then and can make the most of the system. I know when a rare item is listed super cheap and can snag it up quick. I also know the lower and higher end prices and can price to sell.

Works very well for me.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. Just a few minutes is all it takes to check the capital cities, even on console.

For the stuff I sell, I am also trying to buy the ones I don’t get from farming. I take a few minutes every other day to check prices and I already know what the range of prices is for those items.

It’s a game where I invest a little time every now and then and can make the most of the system. I know when a rare item is listed super cheap and can snag it up quick. I also know the lower and higher end prices and can price to sell.

Works very well for me.

You missed my point. What takes hours is trying to find rare items that can't reliably be found by only checking a few traders. I'm not talking about things like crafting/upgrade materials. I'm talking about things like rare motifs/recipes and gear from non-meta sets. (Note: This is from the perspective of someone who doesn't spend a lot of time trading. Yes, I could just check a smaller number of traders every day for a month, which I think might be what you're suggesting, but that just spreads the same time commitment out, rather than reducing it.)

The bigger problem is that only people in big city trading guilds can actually sell anything reliably (because nobody has time to go around checking all of the small time traders), and membership in those guilds requires a huge commitment to trading (in either time or gold). This pretty much forces casual traders out of the seller side of the economy, which benefits the few people who like full-time trading, but hurts everybody else.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on May 14, 2021 6:18AM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have a choice to not use it you know ?, just go to random trader guild, search your item, and just look at the price there, copy it

will it be accurate?, probably not, but definitely doable without addon

TTC also not accurate, IN FACT, theres lot of false item price, item tend to artificially lowered/raised by player/bot, so i also not reccomended if you only rely on TTC, i use TTC as rought guideline, but also use MM as aggregation price from guild

Thats not the only issue here. When i get a rare purple motif or diagram that normally goes for 100k or 1 million on ttc, how would i know that without using an addon or the website?

Do you expect me to run around the entire world spending countless hours just to maybe find a couple traders with the same item just to find out the item isnt worth more than 100 gold?

Yes I expect you to do exactly that. It's so rude to the entire console playervase that you talk about it so poorly cause we are all forced to do it. You act as tho it's impossible but 2/3 of the population on the game play that way. Would we like it to be better yes but this game is entirely playable without any addon support. PC is spoilt a bit by their ability to make what we have to suffer with super easy.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can run around to all the the traders to check prices or there are bots on discord that help with price ranges
  • AlienMagi
    AlienMagi
    ✭✭✭
    you have a choice to not use it you know ?, just go to random trader guild, search your item, and just look at the price there, copy it

will it be accurate?, probably not, but definitely doable without addon

TTC also not accurate, IN FACT, theres lot of false item price, item tend to artificially lowered/raised by player/bot, so i also not reccomended if you only rely on TTC, i use TTC as rought guideline, but also use MM as aggregation price from guild

Thats not the only issue here. When i get a rare purple motif or diagram that normally goes for 100k or 1 million on ttc, how would i know that without using an addon or the website?

Do you expect me to run around the entire world spending countless hours just to maybe find a couple traders with the same item just to find out the item isnt worth more than 100 gold?

Yes I expect you to do exactly that. It's so rude to the entire console playervase that you talk about it so poorly cause we are all forced to do it. You act as tho it's impossible but 2/3 of the population on the game play that way. Would we like it to be better yes but this game is entirely playable without any addon support. PC is spoilt a bit by their ability to make what we have to suffer with super easy.
    Youre making no sense. I am calling for ZOS to add a feature that helps people on console and people without addons.

How exactly is that rude to console players in your world? You literally just said you would like it to be better so make up your mind.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, I absolutely loathe the guild trader system.

Because I play casually, I am not in a guild. Oh, I've tried joining guilds, but inevitably get kicked because I'm not making it my second job and can't earn 11 billion gold a day... and yes, there are probably guilds that have no such requirements, but those guilds tend not to sell anything, either because they have no trader, or because they're so dismal that no one buys from them.

The result is that I have tons of stuff I could sell, probably for a good amount (to me), but that I simply can't because I don't have a trader I can access.

The best system I saw was back at Star Wars Galaxies. Traders could purchase a Vendor they could put in their house (houses were placed in the actual environment and could be entered by anyone). They would then put items into the Vendor's inventory, and set a price.
    Players could then use terminals in most cities and towns to search all vendors for items... then go to the house and vendor to pick up the item. It meant that even small time traders could sell their goods if they priced them competitively because they would appear on the Trade Terminal in town.

Here in ESO, I'm completely hamstrung.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Works very well for me.

You missed my point. What takes hours is trying to find rare items that can't reliably be found by only checking a few traders. I'm not talking about things like crafting/upgrade materials. I'm talking about things like rare motifs/recipes and gear from non-meta sets. (Note: This is from the perspective of someone who doesn't spend a lot of time trading. Yes, I could just check a smaller number of traders every day for a month, which I think might be what you're suggesting, but that just spreads the same time commitment out, rather than reducing it.)

The bigger problem is that only people in big city trading guilds can actually sell anything reliably (because nobody has time to go around checking all of the small time traders), and membership in those guilds requires a huge commitment to trading (in either time or gold). This pretty much forces casual traders out of the seller side of the economy, which benefits the few people who like full-time trading, but hurts everybody else.

So...like I said, your best bet is traders in the capital cities because bigger guilds means better selection.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

Because I play casually, I am not in a guild. Oh, I've tried joining guilds, but inevitably get kicked because I'm not making it my second job and can't earn 11 billion gold a day... and yes, there are probably guilds that have no such requirements, but those guilds tend not to sell anything, either because they have no trader, or because they're so dismal that no one buys from them.

The result is that I have tons of stuff I could sell, probably for a good amount (to me), but that I simply can't because I don't have a trader I can access.

The best system I saw was back at Star Wars Galaxies. Traders could purchase a Vendor they could put in their house (houses were placed in the actual environment and could be entered by anyone). They would then put items into the Vendor's inventory, and set a price.
    Players could then use terminals in most cities and towns to search all vendors for items... then go to the house and vendor to pick up the item. It meant that even small time traders could sell their goods if they priced them competitively because they would appear on the Trade Terminal in town.

No, you're not.

As you said yourself, you could join a casual guild with no requirements and sell at a casual pace.

One of my guilds never has a trader, but they are a large guild, so I keep all my slots full, just like I do with the guilds that have a trader all the time and the ones that have a trader sometimes.

Stuff sells internally too.
    The Moot Councillor
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

No, you're not.

As you said yourself, you could join a casual guild with no requirements and sell at a casual pace.

One of my guilds never has a trader, but they are a large guild, so I keep all my slots full, just like I do with the guilds that have a trader all the time and the ones that have a trader sometimes.

Agreed.
    There are a lot of trade guilds with minimal to no dues or sales requirements beyond staying active. My alt account is in one.
    They don't usually hold the best trading spots, but the ones I'm aware of usually have a trader, and stuff sells, just maybe a bit slower and with a bit less margin than in the biggest spots.
    If you're (generic you) not willing to find one of those and instead want to grump about the guild system on the forums, then that's all on you.

• FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My mid tier trade guild, with a consistent spot in Alinor or similar cities,, has a requirement of 200k selling OR buying weekly requirement, OR 20k in raffle tickets.
    That's great locations at a completely reasonable, easily achievable reqs.
    Those guilds exist, you just have to find them.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume we are talking about addons when mentioning third-party software. While I do use addons I do not think I have any for trading and have not had any issues. I kind of like this system and think it is a neat design compared to what every other MMO seems to copy and paste.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mid tier trade guild, with a consistent spot in Alinor or similar cities,, has a requirement of 200k selling OR buying weekly requirement, OR 20k in raffle tickets.

You and I clearly have different definitions of "reasonable" and "easily achievable". Remember, there are tons of players who only log in for a couple hours per week. They aren't farming 200k of stuff in that time, but they do occasionally get drops worth selling, and they're effectively locked out of the market.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You and I clearly have different definitions of "reasonable" and "easily achievable". Remember, there are tons of players who only log in for a couple hours per week. They aren't farming 200k of stuff in that time, but they do occasionally get drops worth selling, and they're effectively locked out of the market.

Then sell them in zone? I see people selling stuff in zone all the time.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also 20k gold a week is not at all much.... doing writs on a few toons 2x a week gets you more than enough.
    And, that is an example. Same guild I mentioned is in a partnership with 2 other guilds. One had a 2 mil requirement, the other none at all, basically the bigger guilds help support the smaller guild and all 3 share a discord for events like pvp, world boss/zone clears and trials.
    Oh but of course-- you don't want the mediocre free trader, you want a GOOD trader, without the slightest bit of effort or investment on your part.
    And that is not how it works.
    If you aren't happy with the traders you can afford, then either up your budget or sell in zone.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

No, you're not.

I've been in casual guilds. Every one of them has disappeared, and not one of them has ever sold any of my stuff. Items sit on the guild store (not usually a vendor, meaning it's only the guild members who can buy them) for months and nothing ever sells.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also 20k gold a week is not at all much.... doing writs on a few toons 2x a week gets you more than enough.
    And, that is an example. Same guild I mentioned is in a partnership with 2 other guilds. One had a 2 mil requirement, the other none at all, basically the bigger guilds help support the smaller guild and all 3 share a discord for events like pvp, world boss/zone clears and trials.
    Oh but of course-- you don't want the mediocre free trader, you want a GOOD trader, without the slightest bit of effort or investment on your part.
    And that is not how it works.
    If you aren't happy with the traders you can afford, then either up your budget or sell in zone.

Want to know how much gold I made in a week? On average, perhaps a couple thousand. I very rarely get rare drops, so things that I sell, when DID get to sell them, didn't sell for much. Requiring 20k from me per week makes that a second job, and that's not why I play the game. 200k monthly... well, you might as well ask for the moon. I don't think I've made that much the whole time I've played the game.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Of course you are. It isn't like I offered to get you invites to my social guilds that get traders consistently, charge no dues or sales requirements and ask only that you log in once every two or three weeks. Its horrible how restrictive those no dues no sales requirements log in every 2 or 3 weeks are.

For dismal guilds that don't sell apparently mine are doing rather well. Sold some tempers, furnishing mats and flowers, ended up with about 240k. Someday I'll have to see what happens if I actually make an effort with all my guild selling slots instead of mostly one guild.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Of course you are. It isn't like I offered to get you invites to my social guilds that get traders consistently, charge no dues or sales requirements and ask only that you log in once every two or three weeks. Its horrible how restrictive those no dues no sales requirements log in every 2 or 3 weeks are.

For dismal guilds that don't sell apparently mine are doing rather well. Sold some tempers, furnishing mats and flowers, ended up with about 240k. Someday I'll have to see what happens if I actually make an effort with all my guild selling slots instead of mostly one guild.

I appreciated the invites... but being in lockdown is the only reason I've been able to play much lately. It may not be possible for me to play every two or three weeks. That's why I didn't take up your offer.
    If your guilds are doing well, that's great.

It doesn't change my opinion, though.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally couldn’t care about immersion, I just see no reason to ruin the economy and destroy hundreds of trading guilds just because a few select people can’t spend a few minutes of their time. No to mention trading is also end game for a lot of players.

Those same people would be the first ones to complain when the 100k staff they wanted is now 500k and mat prices double because it would be so easy to control the economy.

Can you please read the thread before posting? Youre taking everything out of context. The suggestion was a central hub where you can view all guild trader listings, not an auction house. We already have this with 3rd party software like TTC, and it doesnt "ruin the economy" in any way.

And like it was already established it doesnt take "a few minutes" to properly trade in this game without addons, it takes hours.

Hours? Like anything else, a little bit of practice and you will get good and fast at it. I’m on xbox. Sure, it takes a bit of time if youre starting from scratch and listing 30 items, but after that, you sell a couple of things and list a couple of things. Takes just a few minutes-if that. With a little experience, you get a good idea of what things go for, and hardly need to check prices any more-maybe just on high-dollar items. And you do not need to travel all around the world checking prices. Go to one of the big hubs (Mournhold for instance). That one spot will be pretty representative of all pricing. You have saved searches that you can click on in the menu. Hit each trader. The longest part of this process is waiting for the item listings to load. If you cannot find your item listed at any trader, chances are it is either rare or in high demand (or it could be an item that nobody wants and not worth listing anyway.) This is about the only time I will access TTC to get an idea of pricing. Or you can travel to the other big hubs and check pricing, which of course is more time consuming.
    Edited by carlos424 on May 15, 2021 5:26PM
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like using tamriel trade centre just to know how much my items are worth. Can someone explain to me how i am supposed to trade in this game without having to use 3rd party software like addons or TTC's website?

How do the console players do it?

Is it about time for a central guild trader listing to be added in the game?

Should ZOS put a disclaimer on the game that unlicensed 3rd party software is required to play the game?

it's a dumb system.

What I do is when it's time to sell a bunch of stuff. I open an excel file. and write all my items down. Then I go to mournhold, and I look at 3 traders and compare prices of all the items, then I sell for the average or less than.

Idk. It kinda works. Honestly the whole system is so freakin time consuming and dumb. But whatever, fanboys will keep defending their video game.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

That is not reasonable for a mid tier. Just saying. I am on pc, and most reasonable mid tiers are between 1k to 10k max donation, or raffle. A few high tiers can be had for 20k. I am in one high tier guild that strangely has no requirements but to be active.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    join guilds that have walking, talking price check people such as myself .

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I know this is another veiled "I want an auction house" thread. However i will try to answer your question.

For 99% of the items in the game, you only need to shop one major trade hub. Once you have an idea of prices, then you can figure out what to list yours for. You don't need to find the exact items, just stuff similar to what you want to sell. As for rare items, if you think you have to search the entire game world to find it, then list it at the top end of the prices in the category. If it does not sell in a couple of weeks, pull it and drop the price. Don't worry about the list fee, that is 1%.

Besides, relying on addons will get you nit get you the price you need to list for, you still need to shop.

TTC is not all that good at showing you the prices in the market.

That is because this is a serious problem that would be solved by a central AH.

Your assertion about pricing is not true. Rare items that are more expensive are rare because they don't come up much. Just looking around locally, or even a website, is unlikely to help, especially for consoles. Those prices are not automatically updated so have dubious reliability.

This keeps coming up because so many are hindered by the system, even if a few make a lot of gold flipping items sold by those of us who are more ignorant on true values.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I appreciated the invites... but being in lockdown is the only reason I've been able to play much lately. It may not be possible for me to play every two or three weeks. That's why I didn't take up your offer.
    If your guilds are doing well, that's great.

It doesn't change my opinion, though.

Opinions are fantastic. I'm not trying to change yours. Simply point out that this seems to be a self-made problem.

Until you join a no dues/no sales guild and talk to the gm about how you play the game, however, you really don't know if there would be an issue of you staying in the guild or not. Why not, while you still have time to play, join three or four guilds. Use the 90 or 120 sales slots to sell whatever you wanted to sell/dispose of. Drop the guilds and wait until you accumulate tons of stuff again. My guildmasters don't have problems with people dropping the guild to deal with RL, and rejoining when they can find the time to play again. Contrary to what the omgweneedanauctionhouse people claim, it isn't just the high-end trading guilds that get traders.