The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Deleted altstart quests. I am disappoint.

This_0ne
This_0ne
✭✭✭
So ZOS give us bad Balfiera educational quest and deleted all others (island with Naryu, K'tora's trap, Elseweyr Adeptorium, Nord Cript with Fennorian). And main story still startet from filthy hooded figure. Why you just dont make interface menu with chose of chapter? If we started from vanilla, then we can in any time get quest "Morrowind invitation", find some ship and in this manner complite Naryu's educational quest (with skipped education of base mechanics, like in Coldharbour Prophet quest now) and finished it. And like it with all other chapters. Well, if i chose in Balfieras Galery Northern Elsweyer what am I doing in front of the adeptor's gates into which I am not allowed? And Balfiera's quest makes everything only harder. If i new player i'm just stuck there because i dont know what i should choise if i would start from begin. There 7 portals are ready with a million more on the way.
Edited by This_0ne on May 13, 2021 8:31AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they've heard our feedback about intro quests for years and the best they've managed was to scrap them entirely. I was lucky enough to play through all of them and they've made more sense to start said chapter/base game. Imo best decision could be vanilla start and then reappearance in a new one, after which you can go on starter island to proceed with MQ or just land in any tutorial you want.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the easiest solution would be for the Balfiera intro to be an astral projection of sorts.
    Your body is in the prison in coldharbour/on the ship to Vvardenfell/in the nordic ruin in Western Skyrim/etc but your soul/vestige whatever is somehow in Balfiera and experiencing the tutorial and then being sent back.
    They could then have us pick options as an answer to the NPC asking us about what we remember, so they can help send us back to our real body. "I remember... being sacrificed to Molag Bal?!" /"I remember being on a boat to Morrowind."/"I remember falling asleep on my cart ride to Western Skyrim."/etc
    And after that they would drop us in the old tutorial locations but minus the tutorials, so we can basically put into practise again what we just learned without being restricted by being locked from progress until we blocked that attack and such.

That way ZOS would not have to think about needing space for future portals in the room in Balfiera, they just need to create more dialogue options and it would also feel a lot more like an RPG and immediately give you some roleplaying opportunity.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on May 13, 2021 4:20PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah im sad ill never get to do the elsewyr starter quest now
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny but when I first saw the Morrowind tutorial I though I'll see this quest with my main character who started from Coldharbor prison. After 6 month I realized that this quest is VIP for new a character and I'll never see it again with a bought Summerset.
    I hope ZOS won't delete this part of their work but adapt it as it was with Coldharbor tutorial quest where the tutorial part was removed, maybe even let old characters to complete them because they have some extra story.
    Edited by Ekzorka on May 13, 2021 6:14PM