The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Companions and banker/merchant

zharkovian
zharkovian
✭✭✭
Are companions unsummoned when you access banker or merchant?
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zharkovian wrote: »
    Are companions unsummoned when you access banker or merchant?

Yes.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The banker/merchant and the companion are the same catagory of “follower”.

I have not tested it personally, but I believe that this also means that your access to your banker and merchant will be limited when you are in a dungeon or trial.

From what I understand, if for example you are in a full trial, you cannot summon a companion and thus you also cannot summon a banker/merchant.
    Edited by BlueRaven on May 12, 2021 11:46AM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

I have not tested it personally, but I believe that this also means that your access to your banker and merchant will be limited when you are in a dungeon or trial.

From what I understand, if for example you are in a full trial, you cannot summon a companion and thus you also cannot summon a banker/merchant.

New trend - people kicked from dungeons so someone can clear their inventory, because most people will accept a vote to kick without even thinking about it.

This is a massive nerf to assistants and given how expensive they are a lot of people aren't going to be very happy.
    PS4 EU
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if you won't be able to use bankers and merchants in a full player dungeon or trial group please? I'm a console player and my laptop isn't good enough to do more than run around the zone on PTS, so can't test for myself.
    PS4 EU
  • zharkovian
    zharkovian
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there's a good reason for not buying the new chapter.
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under Allies you have Assistants and Companions, different categories. Companions and non-combat pets can exist together, not so with pets and assistants.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Has this been actually tested rather than rumour-mill?

It would be a significant change to how you can use your banker/merchant, as at the moment you can summon them in the middle of either a dungeon or a trial without any issue.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You really should test it personally before spreading potential misinformation. From the PTS 7.0.0 Patch Notes:
    In population-limited instances such as dungeons, group arenas and trials, each companion present counts toward the population cap as if they were a player.

Companions are limited in trials, not "Allies"—the new collections category that includes companions like Mirri and assistants like Fezez. So, there's nothing in the patch notes to suggest that Ezabi is no longer allowed in Sunspire, because she's not a companion.

If assistants are no longer allowed in trials, it's either a bug or unmentioned in the patch notes. So far, I've only seen the idea touted by people who haven't read the patch notes carefully.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    Under Allies you have Assistants and Companions, different categories. Companions and non-combat pets can exist together, not so with pets and assistants.

That's not true any more, you can have assistants and pets at the same time now.
    PS4 EU
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, really?? 🤩🥳😎
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previous patch my banker was unsummoned with mirri out. Haven't tested current pts.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    That's not true any more, you can have assistants and pets at the same time now.
    Since the release of assistants, you could have at most one assistant, one mount, and one non-combat pet at any given time.
    Ryuvain wrote:
    Previous patch my banker was unsummoned with mirri out. Haven't tested current pts.
    Just tested under 7.0.3 and it remains that way. Now the rules have changed only that assistants and companions take the same slot. So now you can have at most one assistant or companion, one mount, and one non-combat pet at any given time.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now you can have at most one assistant or companion, one mount, and one non-combat pet at any given time.

Rephrasing to match the UI... one ally, one mount, one non-combat pet.

Correct?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Correct and a much better way of saying it.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting to have both an ally AND a non-combat pet out at the same time may turn out to be my favorite part of Blackwood! I’ve always hated how my non-combat pets always have to run and hide when either my merchant or my banker shows up. It’s like they’re horribly scared of them for some reason. All this time I’ve been assuming that they have a reputation for abusing non-combat pets or something.

*Edited to fix mistakes made by my virtual ally Siri.
    Edited by Elvenheart on May 13, 2021 3:10PM