Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so here's what I got so far going on in cyro this patch:

NA (cp 1051):
    - werewolf hybrid stamplar, 2 medium/5 heavy, shacklebreaker and plague doctor

- vamp stamblade, 2 heavy/5 medium, spriggans and hauling draugr...I don't know exactly what happened to my stamblade this patch, but, this toon is not working well at all right now

- vamp mag dk, 2 light/5 heavy, julianos and mother's sorrow

- stam warden, 2 heavy/5 medium, spriggans and hundings rage

EU (cp 795)
    - werewolf stam dk, 2 medium/5 heavy, shacklebreaker and plague doctor

- mag sorc, 2 heavy/5 light, crafty alfiq and spinners

- necro mag, 2 light/5 heavy, julianos and beekeeper

right now I'm farming some mother's sorrow to add to crafty alfiq for my magplar...

I'm just splitting my monster sets for 1 piece bonuses...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 11, 2021 7:06PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick update on the war:
    NA, blue is just overwhelming the map pretty much around the clock...at least that's how it appears to me whenever I log in...AD has recently taken a liking to coming up north (D-claw, Bleakers, Winter, and Ales)...they have a few really good small groups holding their own up there...cool to see...

EU, yellow is king with their way OP emp...was going to log in last night, but, AD had the map gated...

not sure what's happening with EP on both servers...can't remember the last time they were a force on either grey host server...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    EP on EU Server lost a lot of players (whole groups) to DC an AD over the last half year.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quick update for you ps4 grey host denizens:

EU: AD (44.4k), DC (41.8k), EP (38.5k)

NA: EP (44.5k), DC (44.3k), AD (37.1k)

15 days left to play in this campaign, saw some chatter on the NA chat about Thunder Slugs getting more involved this campaign...the slugs are an old time NA pvp EP guild - of which at one time I myself was a member, can't remember if they kicked me or if I quit :)

years ago there was a time I used to get kicked all the time from guilds for cross faction play - understandable of course...

I'll tell ya though, one thing that is clear: to become and stay a NA banana over the years - takes a real love of pvp...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the patch notes for the upcoming Blackwood chapter just came out

other than there being a 50% reduction in health regen being a part of battle spirit being included - nothing too specific regarding pvp...most of the changes affecting us will be in the way proc sets are now based off of weapon/spell damage or health, stamina or magicka pools...

heck, to be honest - i'm not really sure what sets will work best come this next patch...imperial city will be introducing monster sets:
    Zoal the Ever-Wakeful
    1 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    2 – When you Break Free, you release a wave of Watcher energy, causing enemies within 8 meters of you to become Feared for 3 seconds. You also gain 34 Weapon and Spell Damage for each enemy hit, up to 6 enemies, for 7 seconds.
    Immolator Charr
    1 – Adds 1487 Armor
    2 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    2 – When you take damage while below 50% Health, gain immunity to immobilizations, snares, and crowd control effects for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 40 seconds.
    Glorgoloch the Destroyer
    1 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    2 – While in combat, each second you stand still grants you a stack of Flesh Fortress, up to 10 stacks. Each stack increases your Armor by 380 and your Critical Resistance by 38. Each second you move removes a stack of Flesh Fortress. Exiting combat removes all stacks of Flesh Fortress. Using charge and teleport abilities do not remove stacks of Flesh Fortress.

i think i might be able to make some use out of Glorgoloch...being stuck in place while fighting isn't always the best idea, but, if you build for it specifically, it may work out okay...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 20, 2021 5:49PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, seems like we can now sort of "snipe" with magicka attacks from stealth:
    Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

and, the hit to Malacath's Band of Brutality has begun:
    Mythics
    Bloodlord's Embrace: Increased the Magicka granted from this set to 1605, up from 1535.
    Malacath's Band of Brutality: This set now increases your damage done by 16% but reduces your Critical Damage done by 50%, rather than increasing your damage done by 25% and making you unable to deal Critical Damage.
    Ring of the Pale Order:
    Increased the amount of healing done from this set to 20% of your damage done, up from 18%.
    This set now loses 4% of its value per group member you are with. This means if you are alone it will stay at 20% but reduce to 8% if you are in a group with 3 other players, and 0% when with 5 or more other players.
    Removed the heal cap from this set.
    Edited by geonsocal on April 20, 2021 12:40AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blunder Slugs. lmao
    Good old Lysergic.
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 21, 2021 8:36PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the benefits of going through a 100 plus dolmens farming mother's sorrow and beekeeper jewelry was it gave me the chance to work on some of my toons rotations...

the characters I have on the EU server have almost exclusively spent all their time in cyro, IC, and battlegrounds...not an ideal situation for optimizing rotations...

all that to say, i've got my necro mag humming along pretty well...I'm at around cp830 now, but, I'm able to fight fairly well with folks up to around cp1500...feels good...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, even clearing well over a 100 dolmens (with the treasure hunter passive on) still needed to buy all my purple mother's sorrow jewelry (found some decent deals and only cost 85k) and one of the beekeeper rings (got super lucky and found one for only 4k)...

that's some awful rng there...

last couple of days I've also started blocking folks on the EU chat...nothing too bad was being said, it was just the same people fighting with each other night after night after night...

haven't really noticed anything like that in NA chat recently, but, I may have already blocked some of the more annoyingly repetitively arguementative folks on that server...

it's weird, generally a lot of gamers are kind of more introverts, strange to think if zone chat is one of the main social activities for some people they would spend it arguing with others night after night after night...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 27, 2021 5:33PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a big dose of humility tonight switching to my mag sorc...

a very friendly pvp class - except - you have to play the character with speed, for some reason I just couldn't remember my rotations at all, kept streaking at the wrong time and forgetting where my shield was...

to make matters worse, cuz I kept hitting the wrong buttons i kept having trouble with sustain...

after a couple of hours things got a little better, still, kept making mistakes during melee battles...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you love it when you accidently streak off the keep wall into a whole guild of enemies? :D
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you love it when you accidently streak off the keep wall into a whole guild of enemies? :D

ugh, amazingly enough no off the wall streaks (did streak face first in to a bunch of walls though) , but I kept streaking in to really bad situations consistently...if I can remember correctly right now i have the buttons set up like:

destro:
    mines, twilight, curse, boundless storm, frags, elemental rage

resto (need to change this to another destro staff):
    crit surge, twilight, ward, streak, mage's wrath, atronach

something like that, man it was a such a mess...

there's just such a big difference between how certain classes and builds need to be played...it's a lot easier for me to play more plodding along type toons like dk's, wardens or necromancers...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 28, 2021 4:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone else notice people still running rapids on their mounts in cyro?

I keep meaning to mention to a couple of players I see still using rapids that the skill no longer is needed...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still fighting :p

as expected AD won the EU campaign and DC won the NA campaign...

sadly it seems like we haven't had a really close and competitive campaign on either server for many months...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been working a bunch lately on my 2 necromancers (mag and stam) and 2 stam wardens...

I've been reading in the forums for so long about just how OP those two classes can be, figured I ought to put some extra time in to improving those specific builds...

right now grinding both my stam wardens through the forgotten crypts in deshaan to try to level my fighters guild to level 10 so I can start slotting dawnbreaker...

of near any skill, dawnbreaker by far has shown up the most on my death recaps over the years...it just fits so well in the stam warden's rotation...

looks though like I may need to take both through a couple of zones to clear out more skyshards..I'll need almost 10 extra skill points on each to really maximize the dawnbreaker...

I don't know though, it may be smarter and more time efficient for me to simply run though some random group dungeons on both normal and vet modes to source those extra skill points I need...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 5, 2021 7:54PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had fun playing EU for a few hours...AD is dominating a good bit of the day, but, still had fun - ran in to a few different bombers...

been using more of my fighter's guild abilities lately on my stam toons...

played over on the NA server for a while, I kind of feel like I'm a stormtrooper for the galactic empire subjugating the whole map...not really that much fun...

at this point, back in the old days I'd have switched off of blue to a different alliance...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    played over on the NA server for a while, I kind of feel like I'm a stormtrooper for the galactic empire subjugating the whole map...not really that much fun...
    The imbalance is palpable. And every campaign, more players pile onto the side that seems to be strongest. At some point it will probably swing the other way, but campaigns with one faction pop-locked and the others at one or two bars don't provide much incentive for the average player to play very much, no matter what faction they're on.

PS4NA
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock fanatics got what they wanted. I hardly go to cyrodil anymore. I miss the old days.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know, I got to thinking about this a bit today. Cyrodiil's all backwards. The more keeps you take and the more scrolls you have, the stronger/more buffs you get.

Who came up with that? "Let's buff the alliance that's winning" - That seems engineered to be unbalanced.

How about the more keeps you take and the more scrolls you have, the AP you earn for kills and keeps increases but you also get a lot more squishy.

I'm thinking that by the time you get to that last scroll temple, you could be one-shotted by a siege merchant :wink:

On a side note, I have to admit I'm really liking no-proc Cyrodiil. A lot.
    PS4NA
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and how come when the campaign resets the non home keeps don't go a grey colour with npcs that attack any alliance and it's a big race to capture them all.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have loved the no proc but they brought back healing outside of groups which put me off. And also when I jump on NZ time it's all blue usually and I'm blue so it's boring.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme
    Sorry I went DC, Insanity doesn't love me anymore. lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 10, 2021 10:13PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, personally I've had just about enough of no proc cyro...was just on my stam dk and couldn't sustain for *** - I miss my eternal vigor on that toon...I think I may have had the wrong food buff on though...

doesn't help that I've currently got a bunch of fighters guild abilities slotted so I can level them...

I know right, not the smartest idea to try and level new skills while pvping...

I've spent a lot of coin and time putting together some decent gear, not the very best stuff available in game, but, pretty functional for fighting...

ran in to the EU AD emp, a stam warden named leahks (?), definitely not as OP as their last emp that I got run over by...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy all :)

finally got to fight in cyro for a bit, the last week or so every time I log in to EU or NA grey host it's either all red (EU) or all blue (NA)...

if you're reading this, chances are well that you yourself have spent many an hour fighting your fellow pvp junkies - and realize, the ideal situation is for population parity amongst the 3 alliances...

makes for the best fights, you can go small scale or zerg on zerg...for whatever reason though the only remotely balanced pops I see now are on the weekend...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grinding grinding grinding...I've spent sooooo much time in the forgotten crypts...

still trying to reach level 10 in the fighter's guild on both my NA and EU stam wardens...good news is - I got their rotations down pretty well :)

I'm at about 9.5 on both now...

with the crazy pop imbalances I've run in to on both servers it's given me time to really dig in to some of my toons (particularly the newer toons on the EU server) to do a bunch of skyshard and lore book hunting...

just filling in holes...

not the most exciting game play, but, fairly important for building the best fighting toons...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had some fun with a fellow random potato over on the EU server last night...it was literally just the two of us fighting for blue on the map it seemed...

we were defending brindle against some EP players (the rest of the map was red) that were having a really hard time busting through the inner front door...

kept pouring oil all over them, when they re-postioned to try and use the outer walls to siege from, kept dropping trebuchet cold fires on their heads, it's hilarious, if you catch someone not paying attention, it can be a one hit kill...

it was pretty fun, sadly I miss timed my siege and ult use when they finally broke through and wasn't able to kill them at the second flag...oh well, live and learn...

still had a blast though...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, one weird thing I did notice while soloing some resources, dang bar swapping wasn't working hardly at all...

it struck me as odd, cuz there was no one else around but me and the npcs...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't sound odd
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    oh, one weird thing I did notice while soloing some resources, dang bar swapping wasn't working hardly at all...

it struck me as odd, cuz there was no one else around but me and the npcs...

This is happening everywhere in game. Not just Cyrodiil.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell ya, the serious bar swapping delay wouldn't have been such a big deal, except for the fact that I was on my mag sorc...that's one build where I have to hit pretty much hit every darn button on both bars in a fairly specific order...

I have a few toons where I can do a lot of fighting on just one bar, not the mag sorc though...

there was a little lag going on too, which made the whole thing even more frustrating, at one point when I went to drop my elemental rage ult on the resource flag the dang thing ended up falling about 10 meters away from the flag...

I had to go back inside the tower and regroup to attack the flag guards again...

it was kind of funny, for that resource by the time I eventually killed the guards around the flag, the other guards at the tower and roaming around started respawning :s

oh yeah, all while being constantly hit with negates and eclipses...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 27, 2021 10:35PM