The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stun from Snipe (stealth)

jp_marins
jp_marins
✭✭
So, i stopped playing ESO late last year and returned to the game a month ago. Before, when i used Snipe on someone from stealth/sneaking it would stun the person, but now i've noticed it doesn't anymore.. I tried with heavy attacks also but didn't work. Can anyone tell me if that was changed? What was exactly the change, is only for Snipe, is only for bows? etc

Is it a error, i'm doing something wrong or it's really a change?

Thanks guys
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't snipe. Be better.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not playing a NB nor have i ever attacked someone from sneak in this game, but maybe this helps. This is the tooltip from NB passive from latest patch (29):

Master Assassin II:
    Increases your Physical and Spell Penetration against enemies you are flanking by 2974. Increases the duration of the stun from Sneak by 100%.

-> that means it should work. (That brings me to a thought: Check your skill points and passives because they have been reset in latest patch.)
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭
    Im not playing a NB nor have i ever attacked someone from sneak in this game, but maybe this helps. This is the tooltip from NB passive from latest patch (29):

Master Assassin II:
    Increases your Physical and Spell Penetration against enemies you are flanking by 2974. Increases the duration of the stun from Sneak by 100%.

-> that means it should work. (That brings me to a thought: Check your skill points and passives because they have been reset in latest patch.)

Exactly, i have that passive on and that made me wonder if it was a bow-only nerf as i think melee stun from sneak is working, but from what i've researched it's bug, otherwise this passive would be totally useless and if it was a change it should be on some patch note (couldn't find it) and wouldn't make much sense, as keeping this passive and other bonuses from sneak attacking which don't seem to work
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update 30 patch note:

Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

Note the bonus Critical Damage is still reduced significantly and these values are their original versions.

So no more stun on ranged attacks from sneak (unless use poison)

Bows are at their weakest point in PVP since the 5 years i've played.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564500/sneak-attack-mechanic-not-working-after-u29/p1
    It is a confirmed bug. On PTS it seems like they fixed the stealth / sneak dmg modifier, but stun cc on all sneak attacks (LA/HA/Skill/melee/range) does not work yet, so it is still bugged.
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭
    Update 30 patch note:

Fixed an issue where the guaranteed Critical Strike and bonus damage from attacks made while hidden in crouch would fail on many attacks. It will now properly grant a guaranteed Critical Strike on your next Direct Damage attack, deal 46% bonus damage if a Ranged attack (now Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), 275% bonus damage if a Melee attack (Magical and Martial, rather than only Martial), and Stun the target on Martial or Magical melee attacks.

Note the bonus Critical Damage is still reduced significantly and these values are their original versions.

So no more stun on ranged attacks from sneak (unless use poison)

Bows are at their weakest point in PVP since the 5 years i've played.

True, it's really a shame how they look down on bow and don't have a proper archer class in the game, almost every way it seems weak or mearly supportive
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For seven years I have been playing this game, and we have had Sneak attacks from Range that Stun... I never called foul and never cried for Nerf's when I got GANKED.

Now in one month, we will not have sneak attacks from Range anymore.

What a joke..

I mean seriously, how soon will it be that sneak attack stun's do not work at all, because Melee is next people, [snip]

This game is really going Down hill and fast.

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on May 27, 2021 9:02PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    jp_marins wrote: »
    True, it's really a shame how they look down on bow and don't have a proper archer class in the game, almost every way it seems weak or mearly supportive
    It's really a shame that ARROW was allowed to stun for so long in the first place. I don't even talk about that snipe do has cast time so it's performed not from stealth
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS,

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If you are gonna Silently Nerf us Nightblades, since our Stun Passive in the Assassination tree is now only half as effective (since ranged STUN's wont be a thing anymore) as it only effect's Melee attacks.

What are you gonna give the Nightblade class to help us out??

From a Concerned Nightblade class User..

Thank you.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭
    Andre_Noir wrote: »
    It's really a shame that ARROW was allowed to stun for so long in the first place. I don't even talk about that snipe do has cast time so it's performed not from stealth

I can agree with you that a stun from a ranged attack can be OP or kind of a strange thing, but I just don't agree on reducing Snipe dmg and also taking out stun from ranged attacks, it's a double nerf for the stealth-range class
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭
    So ZOS,

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If you are gonna Silently Nerf us Nightblades, since our Stun Passive in the Assassination tree is now only half as effective (since ranged STUN's wont be a thing anymore) as it only effect's Melee attacks.

What are you gonna give the Nightblade class to help us out??

From a Concerned Nightblade class User..

Thank you.

That's a extremely valid point, I also would like to hear from them something about it, because the way as i see now, being a bow user im not gaining any benefit from the Master Assassin passive (which increases stun from stealth attacks), so if I wanna gank I have to be a melee user? What will u give us to counterbalance that?

As i said before, i don't see any balacing towards the bow gank class, only nerfs... it's seem like: people complain, they nerf. It doesn't seem like a tested and elaborated thing to actually bring a balance in the game and a better suit to the class
    Edited by jp_marins on May 9, 2021 10:22PM
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    the stealth-range class
    There is no any "stealth-range class". sNB designed as MEELE damage dealer with a builtin meele-spammable, meele-execution and ALL ults in meele range + ambush for deliver that. The whole story of sinpe warriors is just a story about abuse of game's design breaches
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the stealth-range class
    There is no any "stealth-range class". sNB designed as MEELE damage dealer with a builtin meele-spammable, meele-execution and ALL ults in meele range + ambush for deliver that. The whole story of sinpe warriors is just a story about abuse of game's design breaches

Tbh. Even if they fixed that and ranged attack would stun again, it is not the snipe that would be killing people. It would be "annoying" at best, but the real thing that would burst people down with no counter-play are procs (like Caluurion for example) and other combos like HA Overload from stealth. Snipe dmg is just a joke tbh. I mean ranged "free dmg" proc sets hit for more...

Snipe is just an example of what complainants ​lead to. It is so useless at this point and so overhyped at the same time that I would not be surprised if they nerfed it again somehow in some dumb way (like reduced the range by half or something).

Anyway, I get the impression that this game has less & less viable playstyles. Because if snipe & other ranged stealth attacks were "abusing" game design, then by the same logic bombers, shield-stacking or roll-dodging builds are also abusing game mechanics left & right..
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 10, 2021 1:42PM
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭
    the stealth-range class

Tbh. Even if they fixed that and ranged attack would stun again, it is not the snipe that would be killing people. It would be "annoying" at best, but the real thing that would burst people down with no counter-play are procs (like Caluurion for example) and other combos like HA Overload from stealth. Snipe dmg is just a joke tbh. I mean ranged "free dmg" proc sets hit for more...

Snipe is just an example of what complainants ​lead to. It is so useless at this point and so overhyped at the same time that I would not be surprised if they nerfed it again somehow in some dumb way (like reduced the range by half or something).

Anyway, I get the impression that this game has less & less viable playstyles. Because if snipe & other ranged stealth attacks were "abusing" game design, then by the same logic bombers, shield-stacking or roll-dodging builds are also abusing game mechanics left & right..

I couldn't agree with you more