Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VIGOR needs a Magicka morph

• Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    Definite no. Each time they add a variant morph to an existing ability someone else always pays the price, and it's usually the better of the two morphs that gets scrapped.
  • ksbrugh
    ksbrugh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arahallris wrote: »
    Definite no. Each time they add a variant morph to an existing ability someone else always pays the price, and it's usually the better of the two morphs that gets scrapped.

That's why I said a third morph option. The two original stamina morphs and then a magic morph that way you have three options to choose from
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id rather them add a mag vigor equivalent as another skill to the support skill line. And maybe something nice for assault too.

When was the last time those skill lines actually got something.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    ksbrugh wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I disagree. Your example of the Nightblade has the sap ability for magicka self heals, and a 3 morph ability means they are going to have to take dev time to do that for all abilities. I feel that their efforts could be better used elsewhere than to provide a morph for something classes already have an abundance of access to.

[Quoted post was removed]

Magblade here. We have enough heals, and can always wield a resto staff if needed.

Lol. Good one.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id rather them add a mag vigor equivalent as another skill to the support skill line. And maybe something nice for assault too.

When was the last time those skill lines actually got something.

That's actually very true!

I always forget that both of those skill lines only feature 4 active abilities. There's definitely room for a fifth.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resto is terrible. If stam can steal a magic skill why can't we steal a stam skill?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Stamina heals is already a very very niche build. Don't need the one morph that can make it work so mag characters have yet another heal. And that's what would happen. They never gonna do a third morph for just vigor, nor take the most used option away
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 1, 2021 4:42AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, all magika classes already have decent heals available.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think an equal vigor using Magicka would be helpful.
    100%. Being forced to use a resto staff for decent healing on some MagClasses sucks.
    Moreover, it does not even make sense lore-wise that Stam can heal itself while Mag can't?
    One Vigor morph should be a Mag morph for fairness.

Edited by BalticBlues on May 1, 2021 5:18AM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    3 morphs is extremely unlikely to happen, although that would be nice for a lot of skills.

Having vigor cost stam but scale based on your highest stat, like soul splitting trap does for example, would be an interesting solution.

It creates a huge prob in pvp using the stam pool as a magic caster. The stam pool is so small you rely on it for breakout. So if you cast vigor then get cc and break out you prob have no stam and your dead.

If it were reverse that it took magic but went off your highest stat that would be better. But using stam as a caster is just terrible in pvp.

Vigor using mag would be a hard no for me, my stamblades needs a good heal and vigor is that one. In that case it'd be better to rework a resto staff skill or something else. My PvP magsorc has a pretty decent amount of stam tho, since I do like to dodge even on mag classes. It's a matter of managing your stats, and I wouldn't mind using Vigor on my magsorc or magden if it scaled of max mag and/or spell dmg for those characters.

So an easy change then is to allow a stam morph and a magic morph of the move (something this game has really lacked from jump.)

It would give many different things if so (a stam whip or magic whip for dk). I mean look how long stam waited for a stam morph for crystal blast (and it turned out trash cause they messed with it).

If it were truly "play as you want" every single ability in this game would have a magic/stam version.
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    With the amount of magicka based heals in this game, and there being a magicka equivalent in the resto staff line, why would we take options away from stamina players? ZOS refuses to add additional morphs so we're limited to two. Vigor has a short burst and a long drawn out heal over time. It'd be silly to change it right now.

Adding a vigor scaling to highest stat takes nothing away from stam. Not sure I understand why anyone would be against this?
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anonx31st wrote: »
    This game isn't meant for DPS and Tanks to solo dungeons with self heals to replace healers, which is already happening in random dungeon normals. This is an MMO.

Not only normals ;)

I think the problem is more serious than having a simple skill in this on that version.

I don't know if you would agree with me, but at this point healers are rather... pointless. Because in dungeon damage is so low that every player could easily self-heal or it is mechanics with instant-kill. In both scenarious there is not much place for healer as there is simple no dmg you must heal through.

And (what's most funny) the best place to be a healer at this moment is... PVP when a good healer can make miracles and turn the tide of almost every fight ^^
    Edited by Ippokrates on May 1, 2021 7:21AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Malkiv wrote: »
    Easy change: Rapid Regeneration is a self-heal only. It still locks you into using a Resto Staff but at least you can actually count on receiving your heal when you cast it.

I 100% support this change. Keep Radiating Regeneration as-is with Rapid being a self-heal.

I would prefer not. I use Rapid Regeneration as my main heal to heal other players (especially DPS) since it doesn't have any stupid LoS requirement on it (which is not feasible on this game).

A better solution would be to make it always heal yourself and one other player. Because if they made rapid generation self only I would quit playing healer on this game.

Radiating Regeneration is the morph that heals multiple targets without LOS requirement. Rapid Regeneration is the morph that does a single, fast HOT. Using Rapid Regeneration in pve is risky because sometimes it can only target yourself.

Right. But rapid regeneration is twice as fast as radiating and therefore a more effective single target heal. It's great for healing a wayward dps (or even tank) taking heavy damage without having to locate and stare at them first, which can be difficult to do during hectic fights.

I get your issue with it, and it's understandable. But as I said, I would prefer the solution to be that it always targets you and then one other ally. If they made it a self-only heal, it would effectively lock it from being used like me and others use it, which is as an potent single target heal that doesn't have a troublesome LoS component to it. Radiating regeneration is great for countering light area damage, but it's not a substitute for something like Breath of Life, and won't be able to heal someone through heavy damage. You have a much better chance of pulling that with Rapid Regeneration. It's the only spell that makes the healer role playable for me. If I had to go back to relying on LoS heals to counter heavy damage, I would quit my healer in a heartbeat. No game is worth that kind of irritation. So please don't make it self-only. It would literally make me quit my healer. ^^
    Edited by Jeremy on May 1, 2021 8:06AM
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. Your example of the Nightblade has the sap ability for magicka self heals, and a 3 morph ability means they are going to have to take dev time to do that for all abilities. I feel that their efforts could be better used elsewhere than to provide a morph for something classes already have an abundance of access to.

the sap ability? what are you talking about? That ability is a PVE ability. It's not a burst heal. It's garbage for pvp.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, there needs to be a magicka heal, non-class and non-weapon based. Not sure if vigor is the right place for it, but there needs to be one!
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly.... I'd love to see Skills get a big rework. Always have a "magicka and Stamina morph of every skill. But that would be boring just making the morphs magicka or Stamina. Maybe this is where spellcrafting could come in? (maybe change it skillcrafting?) after choosing your morph, you then get to flesh it out more with skill crafting, choosing what kind of damage it does. Aka flame, frost, Poison, physical etc. Then you can flesh it out more by expanding radius, Duration, other cool effects etc etc

He said it guys, he said the word
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. Non-healer mag players shouldn't have to back-bar a resto staff in order to have a reliable heal, if their class doesn't offer one--or requires them to double bar a Matriarch.