The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it possible for ZOS to provide "dummies" for tanks to practice?

scrosedk
scrosedk
✭✭✭
There are dummies for DDs to parse on. I wish my tank could use a dragon dummy just like those in veteran Sun Spire, cause it requires some self-healing or roll dodge techniques when the dragon's breath gets intense! So would ZOS provide a dummy that breathes fire like the dragons in SunSpire do?
Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Training Dummies for Veteran Dungeons are Normal Mode for the Dungeons. Even though the mechanics are not as critical if you ignore them, they are still there and can be practiced against on the Normal Bosses
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duel a guild mate or friend.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Training Dummies for Veteran Dungeons are Normal Mode for the Dungeons. Even though the mechanics are not as critical if you ignore them, they are still there and can be practiced against on the Normal Bosses

Yes. The best way to practice tanking is to tank where you need practice.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World Bosses
  • lazywhiteseal
    lazywhiteseal
    ✭✭✭
    tanking technics are uniquely different in most dungeons and trials. some have very unique mechs. dpsing technics are well... mostly same. your job is doing damage while you avoid mechs that kill you.

when you tank in trials or dungeons its usually the mechs that kills you not the enemies themselves. if you are getting killed by trash mobs and minibosses you arent doing something right....

best to stick with practice tanking doing normal dungeons and then vet and then vet HM. then later trials if you want to.
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scrosedk wrote: »
    There are dummies for DDs to parse on. I wish my tank could use a dragon dummy just like those in veteran Sun Spire, cause it requires some self-healing or roll dodge techniques when the dragon's breath gets intense! So would ZOS provide a dummy that breathes fire like the dragons in SunSpire do?

Take a friend and go into vAS, directly to the boss. Have the friend kite the exhaustive charges aoe and tank train away. Excellent way to try out different gear combo's, CP settings, resource management, etc.
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Duel a guild mate or friend.

oh I really don't wanna waste the time of other people. So i think it would be better if i can practice alone.
    Most people think Time is just like a river flowing in a single direction silently and unchanged, but it unveiled its totally astonishing truth to me: Time is an ocean in a raging storm...
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    tanking technics are uniquely different in most dungeons and trials. some have very unique mechs. dpsing technics are well... mostly same. your job is doing damage while you avoid mechs that kill you.

when you tank in trials or dungeons its usually the mechs that kills you not the enemies themselves. if you are getting killed by trash mobs and minibosses you arent doing something right....

best to stick with practice tanking doing normal dungeons and then vet and then vet HM. then later trials if you want to.

it is not mechanics or trash mobs or min-Bosses i was talking about. i was talking about Dragons such as Lokkesttitz and Yolnahkriin on veteran SunSpire and that one unique attack of theirs- the dragon breathe focused on main tank. If i perish in that cone shaped fire 1st, the whole team will surely follow. I don't think the whole team should get into the Trial to waste their time on wiping over and over just because of me. So if i can get fluent in dealing with that fire i will make it much easier for the whole team. And that is why i need some private practice that requires no time from others.
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭
    World Bosses

None of the word bosses, as far as i know, can deal as much damage as the dragons do in 2.6 seconds.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage Mitigation is nothing to practise as a tank. Holding down one button is nor that hard.

Add pulls and boss mechanics is where the fun is... and the difficulty...so go practise your crowd control and read up on the mechs of bosses or watch YouTube videos of others doing that.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • scrosedk
    scrosedk
    ✭✭✭

Damage Mitigation is nothing to practise as a tank. Holding down one button is nor that hard.

Add pulls and boss mechanics is where the fun is... and the difficulty...so go practise your crowd control and read up on the mechs of bosses or watch YouTube videos of others doing that.

It is not just about holding down BLOCK or simply spamming Green Dragon's Blood when it comes to main tanking the dragon.
    it requires good timing on the self-healing or rolling.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't work. For tanks, there's a huge difference in dungeons.

There is a reason we have to remember all the mechanics.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No