The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Character—Bastian Hallix"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
wwojcqugesqy.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet the Character—Bastian Hallix

Discover Bastian Hallix, one of the two new Companions you can recruit during your adventures in the upcoming Blackwood Chapter.
Staff Post
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, Bastian is Breton? I could swear he has an Imperial face. Guess I better change his costume.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Wait, Bastian is Breton? I could swear he has an Imperial face. Guess I better change his costume.

Whoops, I guess that's the danger of unreliable narrators ;) good catch - we've updated the article.
    Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So Basti, where do you get your hair done? Because I know a lot of people who really want to wear their hair like yours...

Please ZOS, consider finally releasing this style! It's bad enough that you have Short Mussed Wave in the generic NPC rotation for the Jester's Fest and on Chef Donolon so we've see it constantly since March, but now we're going to be surrounded by everyone's companions and his unavailable hairstyle... that can't be hidden because companions can't wear hats. I also can't help but notice there are a lot of Blackwood NPCs wearing it as well.

I get that you want to make him unique, but his hairstyle has been in gave for over 5 years now (and even made it to PTS) but never released; his armor is Ancestral Breton, which has been in game since the Markarth prologue but we don't know when that's coming; and even his tattoos are from an old crate season. It's bordering on cruel to your character creation/fashion focused players to have them constantly bombarded by cosmetics that are completely unavailable. At least Mirri's hairstyle is basegame and her armor (True-Sworn) is inbound, but the same can't be said of Basti's.

As to his character though, I did like his intro quest and I just wanted to give him a hug. I will be very happy to quest with him, assuming I can make him a competent DPS for my tank :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "But this Bastian Hallix is a talented battlemage, handy with both staff and sword, and he is nothing if not determined."

If only he were smart enough to not stand in ground-based AOEs.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... A cousin of this one knows this mage well.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

51144741683_000093e968_o.jpg
    Tickle and freind by
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian's an Imperial from Daggerfall, eh? Funny. My main character is a Breton from the Imperial City.

I think we'll get along famously.